Cant find gold from mining or trading...

Started by Instill, April 15, 2016, 10:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Instill

Kluge

Yep. I have two more "quadrants" left to strip-mine, and then I can confidently say I spawned on a map with no plasteel (or gold, for that matter, but I was lucky enough to get 20 gold off a trader -- no luck with traders somehow...).

Kluge

Instill

Well i think the lesson is at 1st exotic trader you see buy gold or you might cry later

Shurp

Yup, pray the holy RNG blesses you with some gold.

Or devmode a pile of 25 when you're tired of being bored.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

makapse

the above picture was of a bulk goods one, i think and i like them more for all that steel. Many a times, i cant build due to no steel rather than no components. Also, the economy just does not make sense to build your own components unless u need that specific amount of them right away

jaeden25

Why the rush? Component assembly is very late game, you have 60 components and can buy more from traders if you need to. I think you are trying to tech up too quickly and thats why you hit this wall where you can't find gold.

Shurp

Components go quickly if you start manufacturing your own weapons and armor.  And traders can no longer be counted on bringing them to you.

They go even faster if you're in tundra and you're building heaters and windmills to farm indoors.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

makapse

stop making the top end weapons and armor and you will be fine. You only need to kill half of them before they run and you can get the first sniper in that way instead. When playing in tundra and ice sheet, use the low temp to your advantage or carve out some cover so that the enemy does not have cover if you stand int hat cover and you can make them retreat