What can I do to increase colonist relations?

Started by Dartonian, April 16, 2016, 01:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dartonian

Right now I have this guy who is hated by everyone in the colony. It seems like he is always slighting and/or being slighted or insulted. So, what can I do to make others like him?

Negocromn

kill him for the global "my rival died" mood boost

Aarkreinsil

He might have a trait that conflicts with others. Like teetotaler vs chemical interest. Not much you can do there.

Check their relationships, if there is no fixed relationship malus, try giving him and some other, compatible people some dedicated joy time, and put all of the beer and joy stuff in one room so they will talk each day while having their scheduled break.

Also check for any facial injuries. I heard that someone with a messed up face or missing ears etc. gets a social interaction penalty, so maybe try and fix that somehow before sending your people to make out with one another xD

RX2000

I got an ugly guy, which gives a -30 modifier. :( I just try to keep him away from everyone.

BoogieMan

Their needs to be a few ways people can patch things up. Like if someone rescues someone who is down, like them more. Or being doctored, fed while bed ridden.. That sort of thing.

Rahjital

Quote from: BoogieMan on April 16, 2016, 12:02:36 PM
Their needs to be a few ways people can patch things up. Like if someone rescues someone who is down, like them more.

This already happens. Unfortunately it requires your pawn to be downed first, and is only temporary.

BoogieMan

Quote from: Rahjital on April 16, 2016, 12:19:28 PM
Quote from: BoogieMan on April 16, 2016, 12:02:36 PM
Their needs to be a few ways people can patch things up. Like if someone rescues someone who is down, like them more.

This already happens. Unfortunately it requires your pawn to be downed first, and is only temporary.

That must be why I didn't notice things getting better, even though I made a guy who my hunter hates take care of him every time he got mauled.

mumblemumble

Its kind of random, and depends on attraction, personality, ect. You can have them work in the same area, and hope the conversation eventually goes deep, but theres no 100% success way to force it as far as I'm aware.

I think you gain a relationship bonus for saving someone, or killing a very strong enemy like mechanoids, so getting the person whos hated to get the killing blow on a centipede will gain a lot of respect.

Also, while a few of these buffs might be temporary, relaationships "tend" to stay the direction they are going. If someone is in a 50+ relationship, its extremely low odds to have insults thrown around, while someone -20 will slight each other regularly. So temp boosts might be just enough to get friendship going.

Also, try having a nice rec room where everyone goes at the end of the day for communal time, it works well for getting good relationships going. Only downside is each death holds a "friend died" debuff... Actually come to think of it, wouldn't having completely neutral relationships be best, if you could help it? no fights, no mourning...
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.