[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Snownova

Are there any plans to update Stargate or has the scenario editor made it impossible to implement?

eskoONE

did i download the wrong better coolers version? i cant rotate the thing at all. also getting target version error when launching the game. the mod root contains two folders. source and ed reverse cycle cooler. i tried only using the reverse cycle cooler folder and it still wasnt working.

stigma

Quote from: Jaxxa on July 29, 2016, 12:04:44 AM
Yeah, Right now they are over powered. I will be nerfing them in the near future, probably to the same protection as sandbags.

Aah, good.

Reducing them to the same cover-level as sandbags certainly would prevent them from being always preferred over sandbags.
They would then primarily fill the role of "unwalkable sandbags" , which is fine, and gives you some more ways to make defenses, bunkers and the like.

I think it could be justified having them at a slightly higher value too, maybe 70%, but remove the option to use wood (a wooden that is very thick would be impractical, and a thin one would be poor protection).
Then the difference in cost (15 for embrasure currently, 3 for sandbag if I remember correctly) can justify the difference and smart players will use them somewhat sparingly with sandbags in less critical areas. I think the option of wood currently breaks this a little. 15 wood is far less hard to come by.

I will add some feedback about a thing I feel seems a little weird too - currently these embrasures seem to work very similar to sandbags in terms of cover, but that means that unless you are right next to it then it gives no cover at all. This seems logical for sandbags as you kind of have to crouch behind them, but shooting someone 10 tiles behind an embrasure through a thin slit on the other hand seems like a very hard shot. Ideally I would like to see shots that go through embrasures actually give extra cover the further away from it you are (obviously, returning fire from would not be viable as your enemy would gain that cover too when you aren't next to it). This would allow you to for example have embrasures as part of base walls to shoot out of rooms without leaving everything inside the room completely open to un-covered fire.

I'm not sure if this is easily moddable though - it probably requires a new check to be made? Just giving ideas though :)

-Stigma

Jaxxa

Updated:

• ED-SubspaceTransponder
  • ED-LaserDrill
  • ED-Embrasures

Quote from: eskoONE on July 29, 2016, 07:04:11 AM
did i download the wrong better coolers version? i cant rotate the thing at all. also getting target version error when launching the game. the mod root contains two folders. source and ed reverse cycle cooler. i tried only using the reverse cycle cooler folder and it still wasnt working.
Sounds like you downloaded the Source .zip. Make certain to grab the release version from github.

Draconomial

Quote from: Jaxxa on April 16, 2016, 02:47:15 AMafter traveling through the Stargate Social opinions relating to that colonist will be lost, they will effectively be meeting everyone for the first time again.
That's horrifying. Be horrified.

Jaxxa

Added 2 new mods.

ED-TurretControl, allows you to order Turrets to Force Attack. And ED-SafeTraps, stops colonists from triggering traps.

neonod

FYI - appears your description on steam for SafeTraps was setup with the details from your Turret mod.

Jaxxa

Thanks for Reporting.

I have re-uploaded them now.

eskoONE

Quote from: Jaxxa on August 02, 2016, 04:08:49 PM
Thanks for Reporting.

I have re-uploaded them now.

your subspace transponder was not fitting in size related to the graphic u had so i modified the xml to be the same as the comms console.

it was 5,5 3,3 i changed it to 5,4 3,2.

i hope u are okay with me attaching the modified xml. otherwise ill take it down again.

just replace the xml in \Mods\ED-SubspaceTransponder\Defs\ThingDefs_Buildings.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

JingleHell

Great work :D
Is it possible to trap wild animals while using safe traps?

Jaxxa

Quote from: eskoONE on August 03, 2016, 09:39:09 AM
your subspace transponder was not fitting in size related to the graphic u had so i modified the xml to be the same as the comms console.

it was 5,5 3,3 i changed it to 5,4 3,2.

i hope u are okay with me attaching the modified xml. otherwise ill take it down again.

just replace the xml in \Mods\ED-SubspaceTransponder\Defs\ThingDefs_Buildings.

What was the problem ingame? I thought it was looking ok to me. Having that xml file there is fine, but if there is a problem I want to fix it in the mod itself.

Quote from: JingleHell on August 04, 2016, 12:53:31 PM
Great work :D
Is it possible to trap wild animals while using safe traps?

Yes, only things of the Player Faction should be safe. Wild animals, raiders, traders and visitors should all be fair game.

eskoONE

The image u took for the transponder is the same as the commsconsole but with a satalite on it. For me the transponder was stretched weirdly. Like I mentioned in my post earlier I changed the size in the XML only to fix the  propotions.  The values are the same as the vanilla commsconsole.

Slye_Fox

Is the Combat Realism patch for Embrasures A14 compatible, or is it out of date?

MikeExp

Quote from: Jaxxa on July 29, 2016, 09:33:21 PM
Updated:

• ED-SubspaceTransponder
  • ED-LaserDrill
  • ED-Embrasures

/snip

I am interested in the Embrasures Mod. What was the update? I am not sure whether you are aware of a quite interesting discussion about how your Embrasures Mod is OP on Steam. Their arguments summed up are:
- FoV too high
- 99% chance too high, should be 75% (I have no idea what chance they are talking about but you probably know)
- AI does often not react to shot from embrasures
- Embrasures act as a wall in terms of temperature

IMHO these are all quite good points. Do you think that you can do anything about them?

Jaxxa

The update reduced the fillPercent from .99 to .70
That in general represents how likely it is to block a bullet.

As far as I am aware FOV is not a concept in Rimworld.

QuoteAI does often not react to shot from embrasures
I am aware that this is an issue, that the AI does not really know how to react to embrasures.
I would like to fix it but have run into issues with it not decompiling nicely and reluctant to make such low level changes to avoid breaking something else.

I might do something like a separate Barricades mod (or include it in embrasures), that would basically be sandbags with a really high path cost, that might solve some of the issues.