[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

C0pper

Quote from: Jaxxa on June 04, 2017, 12:49:42 AM
-snip-
If you use
    <recipeUsers>
       <li>Table_MK1_Replicator</li>
    </recipeUsers>

In the recipies, there is no need to make a recipe list the workbenches look for, instead you can go backwards and add recipies dynamically and easiers with the above code.
I learned this from vegetable garden mod...
Which means i'm making a personal update to your mod to do this.
Which also means i can make my own recipes easier and faster using the recipes you already have in the mod as template for my own recipes :P

So far, i have yet to run across any problems doing this.

My suggestion; you make this transition to use this dynamic system instead.
If anything, will make modding your mod for personal uses, easier...

But that is bout all i wanted to say this time around.

Oh and great work updating the mods, and even more so, good you got better, or atleast seemingly so.
Or did you cave in to the peer pressure on updating the mods, even when still sick? if so... if i knew you real life, i'd slap your wrist with a big 2pound gummy bear :D

Jaxxa

Quote from: C0pper on June 04, 2017, 06:54:44 AM
First of: THANKS SO FREAKING MUCH!
And good that you got better!

Now on to my question;
Snooping around in your mods i came across a line of text in the Buildings_Temerature.xml in your reverse cooler mod.

What does " <fillPercent>1</fillPercent> " mean and do?
Seen it a few other times in other such things, did some googling, but found no actual answer...

2nd question: How can i increase the effectiveness of the Reverse cooler?
Would like to make it so there is a Mk2 and Mk3 with respective researches with much much more powerful coolers.
Would also make a Mk4-cheat just to be in the line of some of the mods i already got :P

FillPercent is the percentage of the square that the building fills. With 1 being completely full. As far as I know it is used for Cover calculations in combat. Probably a few other things, maybe temperature leakage and casting shadows although I have not checked anything about that. Embrasures have "<fillPercent>0.70</fillPercent>" that is what makes them act like Embrasures being able to be shot through and not just walls.

For Coolers I have not tested this but it should use the "<energyPerSecond>-21</energyPerSecond>" defined in CompProperties_TempControl. You should be able to duplicate the XML and change that value. Let me know how that goes.

Quote from: C0pper on June 04, 2017, 02:07:53 PM
-snip-
If you use
    <recipeUsers>
       <li>Table_MK1_Replicator</li>
    </recipeUsers>

In the recipies, there is no need to make a recipe list the workbenches look for, instead you can go backwards and add recipies dynamically and easiers with the above code.
I learned this from vegetable garden mod...
Which means i'm making a personal update to your mod to do this.
Which also means i can make my own recipes easier and faster using the recipes you already have in the mod as template for my own recipes :P

So far, i have yet to run across any problems doing this.

My suggestion; you make this transition to use this dynamic system instead.
If anything, will make modding your mod for personal uses, easier...

But that is bout all i wanted to say this time around.

Oh and great work updating the mods, and even more so, good you got better, or atleast seemingly so.
Or did you cave in to the peer pressure on updating the mods, even when still sick? if so... if i knew you real life, i'd slap your wrist with a big 2pound gummy bear :D

Thanks, still not quite 100% but feeling better.

When I originally made the mod that method was either not available or I didn't know about it back then and havnt updated it.
Thanks for pointing that out, it is probably a good idea to change that in the next version, but might not put out a version for just that change.

C0pper

Quote from: Jaxxa on June 04, 2017, 07:17:42 PM-snip-
When I originally made the mod that method was either not available or I didn't know about it back then and havnt updated it.
Thanks for pointing that out, it is probably a good idea to change that in the next version, but might not put out a version for just that change.
Alright, well i did my own modding of the mod and went ahead and did this for the copy i got. works like a charm.
And i can even do it across mods.

For instance, i made it so i can create Bulk Energized Components for EPOE as that is a lacking function.

Would it be okay if i uploaded the changes here + the cheat version(s)?

Jaxxa

Yeah go for it.
Either put it up in this thread or make a new thread if you like and just link back to here.

Vaulter69

C0pper

Quote from: Jaxxa on June 05, 2017, 07:10:35 PM
Yeah go for it.
Either put it up in this thread or make a new thread if you like and just link back to here.
Just gonna post it here as it's not a full fledged mod, just edits and extra files that gets ADDED to the mod folder of the mod.

Next post (might be double post) will be the Edits of OmniGel and all the (VERY VERY) cheaty glory.

EDIT: As of this post/edit, gonna go to the store, when i get back, will post the mods/edits to my Dropbox as that's super easy for me, and once they are synched with my dropbox, will post the links to the edits/mods.

C0pper

___ Update/Edits of Jaxxa's ED-OmniGel Mod By the silly Copper Boltwire ___

Jaxxa's ED-OmniGel mod - This is not needed at all. I just offer this version in case you don't want to mess with the workshop version, but still want my additions/edits.
Changes:
Workbenches USED to CALL for recipes, and if there was a typo or recipe removed, it'd spew errors.
I changed it around, so now the Recipes add themselves to the workbench, which also makes them more dynamic.

Cheat Table For ED-OmniGel v01 - Standard
Adds a new table that requires a huge amount of omnigel poured into the creation of the 3 items "Ch" "EA" "TS" (see what i did there?) to be able to create the table.
Ch requires 100 Omnigel, and you need 11 of these for the Cheat Table. The CH recipe can be found in the MK1 Replicator table.
EA requires 100 Omnigel and 10 Ch, And you need 12 of these to make the Cheat Table. The EA recipe can be found in the MK2 Replicator table.
TS requires 100 Omnigel and 10 EA, And you need 13 of these to make the Cheat Table. The TS recipe can be found in the MK3 Replicator table.
The recipes, for the most part, requires only one Omnigel and provides you with 50 of which ever vanilla resource.
NOTICE: Textures are currently placeholders. Will/may update them later -- if I feel up to it,
or someone else who likes this Edit of OmniGel can do it for me...

Cheat Table For ED-OmniGel v01 - Standard Alt version
Requires nearly no Omnigel to create the CH, EA, TS components for the Cheat table,
little else has been changed, still need to make all 3 MK1, 2 & 3 Replicator Tables.
So yeah, this is pretty much like the standard version, but way easier to get the cheat table using this.
NOTICE: Still don't have any textures...

Cheat Table EPOE Patch
Adds a recipe to make bulk (10) Energized Components in the component assembly, as it was lacking.
And adds the ability to make 50 Energized Components from 1 single OmniGel in the Cheat Table
Needs Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.0:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725956940

Cheat Table Dryxsteel Patch
Allows you to make 50 of this glorious material from 1 OmniGel
Needs Dryxsteel:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=917057191

Cheat Table Ultraweave Patch
Allows you to make 50 of this soft fabric from 1 OmniGel, a true barging if you ask a cheater...
And this one needs Ultraweave:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=916312692

How to install:
Drag or Copy/paste the "Def" and "Textures" folder on top of the "Def" and "Textures" folder from within the zips into the OmniGel mod.

Load Order:
Load last or as close to last mod on the mod list...

Now I get asked/told often to just use the Dev Menu; and those those of you, have a raspberry: pfpfpttfptptfftptptptffttppftt
But seriously tho', i find this a more fun way around to getting these materials.
And it gives my colonists something to do as well. Win Win.

Want me to make a patch/edit in the spirit of this kind for some other mod? Let me know!
Contemplating doing some for Misc. Robots... but i'm torn 50/50 on doing that.

Do you think i missed a material/fabric, also, just let me know, i'm very active in this thread, and even more so now that i now released my personal edits.

I won't do foods or items directly, just raw items and components for mods.
Besides, anyone with a bi of skill in seeing patterns can quickly get the hang of making their own edits, like i did.
One of the few easy mods to actually edit since it's just recipes.

Anyways, hope you'll enjoy these edits and see you around...

And as of posting this, will be starting streaming me playing games on Twitch from this very friday, if i can get it to work...
Games like RimWorld, Hexen (dos), Heretic (dos), Realms of the Hauning, and many many more games.
So if you'd like to watch... Just hit up Twitch.tv/CopperBoltwire

blackysun

C0pper

Quote from: blackysun on June 07, 2017, 08:14:58 AM
hey Jaxxa, any eta on plants24h?
Considering that there is already a bunch of other mods doing the same thing, there really isen't a need for his Plant24H mod.
Not saying he shouldn't make it, just that there is other mods already doing this...
One mod that does it is "Static quality plus" over on the workshop. Of course there are also other mods doing this, but that was the first mod that came to mind that does this.

Comrade Smartass

It doesn't appear that "I have you in my sights" has been updated.  I checked and the A16 version causes raiders to never attack colonists except with melee after being attacked first. Do you have any idea if it will be updated in the near future or are you by chance working on a replacement mod so that Embrasures aren't totally OP?

Devdisigdu

I've got raiders shooting back at my colonists behind embrasures in A17 without any other mods altering their AI.

Canute

Quote from: Devdisigdu on June 07, 2017, 01:31:30 PM
I've got raiders shooting back at my colonists behind embrasures in A17 without any other mods altering their AI.
And where is the problem ?
Embrassures are just a better cover (but impassable) and enemys can shoot back.

Comrade Smartass

Don't think the guy after me has a problem.  Mine is that raiders don't register that my colonists exist behind embrasures. 

ImStereotype

Love the "Embrasures" mod, I've used it for a few Alpha's now. Thank you.

HexCube

Hi Jaxxa, I'm also a massive fan of the embrasures mod, but at the moment, the texture looks really zoomed in for some reason. It's the same colour as the wall of the same material. but takes up a whole cell, with no 'sides' to the wall, if you know what I mean, and no black outlines. I saw on the steam branch you were trying to work on a fix, just wondering if it looks like an easy fix or not? Anything I can do to help?