[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Jaxxa

Quote from: Knotts on April 18, 2016, 05:36:57 PM
Loved using the Stargate in A12, but I don't see any mention of it here. Any plans on it in the current/future versions?

Now that I have split it up from having a single mod I am putting them up one by one.
Yes Stargate should be coming soon, depending on when I have time and how testing goes, I am 95% certain it will be up within the week.

Also the Stargate files should now be stored with your saves (including if you override it) and not with the game executable.

WHiZ

Jaxxa, i can't seem to find the shallow moat in your a13 version of the turrets mod, was it removed?

Jaxxa

Quote from: WHiZ on April 19, 2016, 08:13:10 AM
Jaxxa, i can't seem to find the shallow moat in your a13 version of the turrets mod, was it removed?

Yes currently it is not included. I didn't use it much and it isn't a really a VanillaTurret. If you want I can look into adding it as a separate mod.

WHiZ

Quote from: Jaxxa on April 19, 2016, 07:11:16 PM

Yes currently it is not included. I didn't use it much and it isn't a really a VanillaTurret. If you want I can look into adding it as a separate mod.

yeah if you could please, it is better than rock chunks or sandbags to slow masses of people down when they are storming in.

Jaxxa

Quote from: WHiZ on April 19, 2016, 07:32:08 PM
Quote from: Jaxxa on April 19, 2016, 07:11:16 PM

yeah if you could please, it is better than rock chunks or sandbags to slow masses of people down when they are storming in.

Ok, I will add that to my list and get to it hopefully soon.

lagkill

Happy 4-20 Jaxxa!

I just wanted to say I love your mods. Can't wait for stargate and omnigel. Not impatient though, well-using what you've put up so far.

Keep up the good work!

Dakkon

Jaxxa

Glad you like them :)

Good news and Bad news about the Stargate.

Good news is that it should be Released Tonight / Tomorrow. Bad news is that it looks to not play nice with the new Social Relationships system, they are lost after travelling through the Gate, and with how the saves are working I dont know that it is fixable.

Jaxxa

MisterVertigo

I just installed the Moat mod, and it works well. Thank you very much! I have been waiting for something to come out that I could use to slow down incoming raiders besides sandbags.

I have just one comment about the mod though. The texture for it is kind of weird. I used it to fill in the area inside my killbox and it looks strange because the corners where tiles come together do not touch. There is a gap between the tiles. If it looked more like the vanilla shallow water texture that would look a lot better in my opinion.

Anyway, just a bit of feedback, you can do with it what you will! I'll keep using it regardless. Thanks again!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

hector212121

I don't suppose you could put all of this into 1 mod that you update as you update the others? It's a bit annoying to both clutter my mod screen and download all these things. :O that said cool mods!

MisterVertigo

Quote from: hector212121 on April 22, 2016, 10:42:42 AM
I don't suppose you could put all of this into 1 mod that you update as you update the others? It's a bit annoying to both clutter my mod screen and download all these things. :O that said cool mods!
I see your point, but I don't use all of these mods so I like having them separated out. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'm also sure you aren't the only one who thought they should all be together too though! It's completely up to the author, but my opinion would be to keep them separate.

hector212121

I'm saying to have seperate AND together, though. Update each individually, but also the pack.

WHiZ

MisterVertigo

Quote from: hector212121 on April 22, 2016, 11:17:13 AM
I'm saying to have seperate AND together, though. Update each individually, but also the pack.
Ah gotcha. That is a good idea!