[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Jaxxa

Quote from: HexCube on June 16, 2017, 08:17:49 PM
Hi Jaxxa, I'm also a massive fan of the embrasures mod, but at the moment, the texture looks really zoomed in for some reason. It's the same colour as the wall of the same material. but takes up a whole cell, with no 'sides' to the wall, if you know what I mean, and no black outlines. I saw on the steam branch you were trying to work on a fix, just wondering if it looks like an easy fix or not? Anything I can do to help?

Just put up a new version, Please let me know what you think. I went with a different graphics style.

HexCube

Quote from: Jaxxa on June 18, 2017, 08:28:59 AM
Just put up a new version, Please let me know what you think. I went with a different graphics style.
Hi Jaxxa, sorry I took so long to respond, I've been really busy. I really like the new art, and as far as I can tell, it's working as it should be now :) Thanks for the quick fix :)

Warforyou

Seems like shields block even pods from orbital traders. One's just burned 6k silver worth of cargo.

Canute

Yep, they block any drop-pod. You should disable the shield before you trade.
It could be that the trader drop a microwave bomb at the pods, disable all your pawns because he is a disguise slaver ! :-)

Hammerskyne

Regarding the embrasures specifically: I could swear that at one point in previous versions the embrasures were good cover for your pawns to stand behind, as well as being shoot-through-able. In the current version, they seem to  just be a non-passable but otherwise intangible wall. Is this a change you made intentionally, or something that happened due to other changes?

Jaxxa

Updated ED-Embrasures:

Added Korean translation by Steam user "Coldmoon"
Added ChineseSimplified Translation by Github user "WishingLaws"

Quote from: Hammerskyne on June 30, 2017, 03:39:44 PM
Regarding the embrasures specifically: I could swear that at one point in previous versions the embrasures were good cover for your pawns to stand behind, as well as being shoot-through-able. In the current version, they seem to  just be a non-passable but otherwise intangible wall. Is this a change you made intentionally, or something that happened due to other changes?

They should still provide about the same cover as sandbags do if they dont this sounds like a bug. In some previous alphas there was an issue with enemies not targeting pawns that they could not path to, so if you were totally surrounded by embrasures and doors they would never fire back. This is no longer the case in A17 and I view it as a bug when it was happening. When I need a bit of extra defense I usually invest in shield generators to cover the embrasures.

buckykat

Quote from: Jaxxa on July 01, 2017, 07:24:09 AM

They should still provide about the same cover as sandbags do if they dont this sounds like a bug. In some previous alphas there was an issue with enemies not targeting pawns that they could not path to, so if you were totally surrounded by embrasures and doors they would never fire back. This is no longer the case in A17 and I view it as a bug when it was happening. When I need a bit of extra defense I usually invest in shield generators to cover the embrasures.

So, embrasures are broken and you have no intent to fix them. Thanks. The whole point of building a castle with murder holes is so the barbarians at the gates can't shoot back.

Jaxxa

If you view the current implimentation as broken, then Yes I have no current plans for major changes.
I may tweek the numbers in reponce to playtesting.

Feel free to make your own mod from scratch or based on this mod if you want to not get shot back at all.

thorpey949

I was wondering is it possible to add your own recipes to the omni-gel mod at all?

PreDiabetic

Hoping to see A17 safe traps. Maybe with custom compability support with custom traps mod.

randy

i was adding things to the allowed items list for the sif shield and everything was good then all of a sudden the game crashed and now i cant use your ed shields mod cause it keeps resetting my mod list which has worked for the last 200 hours

destructomac

im having a very similer problem with ed shields i was also adding things to the sif shield allow list then when i tried the game it blue screened my computer and now messes with my mod order saying something about being corrupt or inconpatable

Jaxxa

Hey randy and destructomac.
Sorry to hear that it is crashing, is this happening consistently with your modified allowed items?

If so can you please send me the file that you modified and I will have a look if i can replicate the issue.

destructomac

<SIFBuildings>
               <li>Sandbags</li>
               <li>Wall</li>
               <li>Door</li>
               <li>Autodoor</li>
               <li>Embrasure</li>
               <li>ReinforcedFireResistantEmbrasures<li>
               <li>ReinforcedEmbrasures<li>
               <li>FireResistantEmbrasures<li>
               <li>Barricades<li>
               <li>RazerWire<li>
               <li>BlastDoor<li>
            </SIFBuildings>
thats all i changed and after much time messing with mods it seems like everything blows up when i try to enable the shield mod this was my last attempt at loading mods https://pastebin.com/kiurPSKS i used the old mod order which worked previously to re enable mods but when i got to the shields mod i activated it and it kinda blew up