[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Jaxxa

Quote from: Hanarck on April 23, 2016, 10:02:04 PM
is the Autoloader able to work whit regular mortar? because i can't make it work whit it, if its not suppose, ok, if not, i have a mod conflicting or its bugged.

No it does not work with the regular mortar. I might make somthing later to make it work with it, and it used to before turret ammo was a thing in the base game.

Quote from: Nanao-kun on April 23, 2016, 11:23:43 PM
Thanks for the screenshots, I can replicate the bug now. The edge of the shield is a bit approximate so it can look like you are just inside the shield but it still blocks it like in the first screenshot, but the other a bugs that I will fix soon.

Quote from: hoochy on April 23, 2016, 11:50:13 PM
Thanks for these mods Jaxxa they are truly great, most of them should be core game stuff, 24 hour plants, omnigel, to name some. Having zero way to be self sufficient on a map kills the base game.

Thanks.

Quote from: Loomis503 on April 24, 2016, 04:04:44 AM
i am getting an error when i try to load the Subspace Transponder in A13. The in game console spits red errors lines at me when i activate the mod.

Can you check that it is installed correctly, and is not inside a extra folder. it should be you should have a folder "\Mods\ED-SubspaceTransponder\About". If that does not fix it what does the error say?

Quote from: Eruga on April 24, 2016, 05:08:57 AM
I noticed something interesting about the subspace transponder: once its fully charged, and you still turn power toggle off, you can instaspam the call ship without waiting for the recharge. it goes transmiting 0, than a ship pops up, and the transponder remains fully charged with no downtime. Since if you have power toggle on theres a countdown and you have to recharge this didint seem intentional.

I also really like your mods btw. Very functional without normally breaking the game too much.

Also any chance of the plant-24 mod getting a vegtable garden patch?

Thanks, glad you like the mods :)

Yes there is a bug with the Transponder. It should go Charging->Charged->Activated by Player->Transmitting->Ship Arrives->Back to Charging.

I will look at releasing a patch later.

Jaxxa

Just updated ED-Shields and ED-SubspaceTransponder

hoochy

Omnigel recipes seem to require too much omnigel to make it worth it.

If you look at what potatoes is worth, somewhere around $0.50 depending upon skill level of trader, and you get 10 per plant usually, thats 5 silver per plant. And when you look at what you get for actually using omnigel it makes no sense in this scale. Since you have to waste time building these things I think getting roughly an equal comparison to what you would trading makes more sense than a severely high penalty.

So with this in mind, this is a lot better in my playtesting.

100 omnigel = 70 steel (higher than it should be to balance the component need)
100 omnigel = 50 silver
100 omnigel = 10 gold
100 omnigel = 5 plasteel
100 omnigel = 5 uranium

Nanao-kun

Just tested the updated shields. Seems to work fine now. Thanks for your hard work! :)

EDIT: Using the Rimsenal mod, some of the weapons like the Crucible Rifle fire really fast moving shots that ignore the shield. Is there any way to deal with this?

Ghizmo

Jaxxa,
I am using quite a few mods, and I seem to have an issue with the shield reactors not connecting to the power grid.
And upon constructing the powerline directly underneath the generator the game crashes.

I have added the mods as an image in the attachment.
I was hoping that maybe you would be able to tell me which of the mods might be conflicting with your ED-shields mod.
Or maybe it is the order in which I have placed them..

Cos I think I was careful enough in selecting the mods to not overlap with any additions the mods give.

Edit: Same thing applies to the laserdrill and the stargate.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Ghizmo

Rather then cluttering up my previous post, i'll be posting this in a new one:

This morning I decided to run it through the devmode with most of the other mods disabled to prevent any conflicting issues. (added the modlist + order in attachment)
Resulting in the following error messages:

XML error: <researchPrerequisite>Research_LaserDrill</researchPrerequisite> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

XML error: <startElectricalFires>false</startElectricalFires> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

XML error: <basePowerConsumption>1200</basePowerConsumption> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

XML error: <basePowerConsumption>1200</basePowerConsumption> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

XML error: <transmitsPower>true</transmitsPower> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

XML error: <powerToggleable>false</powerToggleable> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

XML error: <researchPrerequisite>Research_LaserFiller</researchPrerequisite> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.

XML error: <combatTargetBuilding>true</combatTargetBuilding> doesn't correspond to any field in type ShieldBuildingThingDef.

XML error: <researchPrerequisite>Building_ShieldStandard_research</researchPrerequisite> doesn't correspond to any field in type ShieldBuildingThingDef.

XML error: <basePowerConsumption>1000</basePowerConsumption> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

XML error: <combatTargetBuilding>true</combatTargetBuilding> doesn't correspond to any field in type ShieldBuildingThingDef.

XML error: <researchPrerequisite>Building_ShieldSmall_research</researchPrerequisite> doesn't correspond to any field in type ShieldBuildingThingDef.

XML error: <basePowerConsumption>1000</basePowerConsumption> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

XML error: <researchPrerequisite>Building_ShieldFortress_research</researchPrerequisite> doesn't correspond to any field in type ShieldBuildingThingDef.

XML error: <researchPrerequisite>Building_ShieldSIF_research</researchPrerequisite> doesn't correspond to any field in type ShieldBuildingThingDef.

XML error: <researchPrerequisite><li>Building_Stargate_research</li></researchPrerequisite> doesn't correspond to any field in type StargateThingDef.

XML error: <startElectricalFires>false</startElectricalFires> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

Non platform assembly: data-0D08E310 (this message is harmless)
Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.ThingDef named OmniGel found to give to RimWorld.PlantProperties RimWorld.PlantProperties

Cannot call ItemFromXmlFile with resolveCrossRefs=true while loading is already in progress.

Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.ThingDef named OmniGel found to give to RimWorld.PlantProperties RimWorld.PlantProperties

Cannot call ItemFromXmlFile with resolveCrossRefs=true while loading is already in progress.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

ORCACommander

So i have stumbled onto a little bit of annoying. The embrasures fail to protect power conduit like a normal wall would so entire sections of fortifications of auto turrets can go down with a few charging grenadiers

anonloli

I've encountered an issue with the laser drill/fill... I can place them, colonists bring out the materials, go through the whole building process, but as soon as it's complete, there's nothing on the map. It could be a conflict with another mod. I'll see if I can get more info.

oreganor

Thanks for the very nice mods. I think I have found a glitch with shields (Standard ones are the only one I have researched ATM):

- When powered and charging they require 1500W.

- When fully charged at 4k, power requirement goes down to 1000W.

- If you power them down (Directly on them, or by using a switch on the power line they are attached to) WHILE they are not full, as expected, they slowly discharge.

- Meanwhile, if you switch power off after they have charged to full, they do not drain any power at all and retain their full 4k charge (Again, doesn't matter if you switch them off directly or by disabling the power line they are attached to).

Intended? Or glitch?

EDIT: Probably related... One of my Standard Shields fully charged has just become damaged (due to the malfunction event) and it didn't loose its charge while it was damaged nor after been repaired.
Contributions:
Melee Skill Rebalance

WaYa

about ED-Shields:

Under ReCalibrateCells()
            Log.Message("Testing:" + current.ToString());
keeps flooding the debug screen

Jaxxa

Quote from: hoochy on April 24, 2016, 09:14:43 PM
I will think about changing the balancing for it. Although Gell does have the advantage of not having to wait for ships to sell to / buy from.

Quote from: Nanao-kun on April 25, 2016, 01:37:25 AM
Just tested the updated shields. Seems to work fine now. Thanks for your hard work! :)

EDIT: Using the Rimsenal mod, some of the weapons like the Crucible Rifle fire really fast moving shots that ignore the shield. Is there any way to deal with this?

Dont know exactly, how did it work in the previous version, before the fix I just did? Is it that it is just passing over the cell within the one frame that it is checked?

Quote from: Ghizmo on April 26, 2016, 01:52:52 AM

Are you on Alpha 13 of Rimworld and did you grab the Release versions of my mods?

Quote from: ORCACommander on April 26, 2016, 01:49:22 PM
So i have stumbled onto a little bit of annoying. The embrasures fail to protect power conduit like a normal wall would so entire sections of fortifications of auto turrets can go down with a few charging grenadiers
That is a bit annoying but I dont know what I can do to fix it.

Quote from: anonloli on April 26, 2016, 02:07:30 PM
I've encountered an issue with the laser drill/fill... I can place them, colonists bring out the materials, go through the whole building process, but as soon as it's complete, there's nothing on the map. It could be a conflict with another mod. I'll see if I can get more info.

Nothing the building disappears, or nothing it sits there and does nothing? Because after you build it takes some time to work.

Quote from: oreganor on April 26, 2016, 02:11:53 PM
Thanks for the very nice mods. I think I have found a glitch with shields (Standard ones are the only one I have researched ATM):

- When powered and charging they require 1500W.

- When fully charged at 4k, power requirement goes down to 1000W.

- If you power them down (Directly on them, or by using a switch on the power line they are attached to) WHILE they are not full, as expected, they slowly discharge.

- Meanwhile, if you switch power off after they have charged to full, they do not drain any power at all and retain their full 4k charge (Again, doesn't matter if you switch them off directly or by disabling the power line they are attached to).

Intended? Or glitch?

EDIT: Probably related... One of my Standard Shields fully charged has just become damaged (due to the malfunction event) and it didn't loose its charge while it was damaged nor after been repaired.

Thanks, is bug, will look into it.

Quote from: WaYa on April 26, 2016, 02:38:34 PM
about ED-Shields:

Under ReCalibrateCells()
            Log.Message("Testing:" + current.ToString());
keeps flooding the debug screen

Thanks for reporting, will fix in next version.

oronnoro2

Not to sound like a parrot if this was already asked, could you please combine all of your mods into a single folder? Ill be downloading most of them because I quite like your mods and would like the convenience.

Thank you,
Oron

Dave-In-Texas

poor mod developers.. they make one big mod and users whine to get it in pieces.. make it in pieces and people want it in one big mod..

oronnoro2

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on April 27, 2016, 12:15:06 AM
poor mod developers.. they make one big mod and users whine to get it in pieces.. make it in pieces and people want it in one big mod..

Alright, or don't. =P

But I never asked to make it one big mod tho, just to place everything in a folder.

Would you like me to demonstrate what it would look like? ~ Sarcasm

-------------------------------
Jaxxa,

Please do what you want, I was merely asking for your mods not to be combined into one but, have them all in one folder (easy drag and drop). I do not mind downloading them at all, however, out of all of them I only skipped 1.

I cannot imagine the amount of free time you have given to the mods you have created and the dedication you have put to keep these mods up to date so I thank you, thank you. As I do not know how to create mods, I am very much grateful for having you in the community.

If you feel like keeping the mods separated is the best option please do not feel like you owe me or anyone else anything.

Again, thank you, and please, take what I have requested as a suggestion and nothing more.

Thank you,
Oron

Ghizmo

Hey Jaxxa,

I do use A13, and I toke your advice and re-downloaded all the mods.
I also removed the ED-core mod, since it doesnt seem to be needed from the text in your OP.

Everything works now! Thanks :)
I'll be back if I got something to report.

Loving the shields and the vulcan btw haha