[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Jaxxa

Quote from: Nanao-kun on April 29, 2016, 02:30:56 PM
Quote from: Jaxxa on April 28, 2016, 10:40:39 PM
Quote from: Nanao-kun on April 27, 2016, 01:27:27 PM
Quote from: Jaxxa on April 26, 2016, 10:13:05 PM
Quote from: Nanao-kun on April 25, 2016, 01:37:25 AM
Just tested the updated shields. Seems to work fine now. Thanks for your hard work! :)

EDIT: Using the Rimsenal mod, some of the weapons like the Crucible Rifle fire really fast moving shots that ignore the shield. Is there any way to deal with this?

Dont know exactly, how did it work in the previous version, before the fix I just did? Is it that it is just passing over the cell within the one frame that it is checked?

I think it's just coming through too fast for the shield to check for it. I think there was a similar problem when using it with combat realism a while back, since bullets move much faster with combat realism.

Ok, I will look into that, but I dont know that there is much that can be done.

I suppose it's not a big deal though, since the faction that uses that weapon is supposed to be widely feared and stuff. Being able to pierce shields like that definitely helps them seem more threatening.

I have an idea on how it could be modified to work with fast projectiles, but I Would have to completely change how projectile detection is done, so probably not any time soon and it might not work.

Quote from: Timmiej93 on May 01, 2016, 02:03:19 PM
I feel so stupid.. Saw somebody using your mod on YouTube, so I googled it. Found the A11 version, figured that would probably still work (since I usually see topics get updated instead of new ones opened). Then later, I found the A12 version (since A11 didn't work). And now, finally I found the A13 version. I should REALLY start checking the last post more often. Thanks for your continued work!

Glad you found the right thread in the end. :)

Quote from: Maitri on May 01, 2016, 06:02:01 PM
[lightning fast edit!] I found the problem. Don't download the 'source code' zip/7z file as it has a different folder name than the top most file. I think it throws it off. Using the top most file link fixes both this and the laser drill issues! I hope this helps anyone else having this issue!

Glad you figured it out. I did have a note to download the release versions in the OP, but I have edited that and made it clearer.

Grynnreaper

does the subspace transponder call ships from other mods? or just the vanilla ones?

Jaxxa

Quote from: Grynnreaper on May 01, 2016, 10:27:49 PM
does the subspace transponder call ships from other mods? or just the vanilla ones?

I think it should, I have not tested it, but it triggers the OrbitalTraderArrival event so it should work for mods that add new traders to that event. Give it a go and let me know if it works.

crusader2010

Hello and thanks for the great mods!!
I believe the ones called "Reverse Cycle Cooler" and "Closable Vent" aren't properly working together with Latta's "Better Coolers" and "Better Vents". For example, there is no "rotate" icon on the coolers. If you have the time, please take a look (I've tried loading these mods before and after each other, and the only thing that changes is the appearance).

Also, is "More Vanilla Turrets" compatible with "Combat realism" (or can it be made so)?

Thanks!
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Jaxxa

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 02, 2016, 02:31:38 PM
I believe the ones called "Reverse Cycle Cooler" and "Closable Vent" aren't properly working together with Latta's "Better Coolers" and "Better Vents". For example, there is no "rotate" icon on the coolers. If you have the time, please take a look (I've tried loading these mods before and after each other, and the only thing that changes is the appearance).

Also, is "More Vanilla Turrets" compatible with "Combat realism" (or can it be made so)?

Thanks!

Glad you like the mods.

I dont think that More Vanilla Turrets should have a problem with Combat realism. I it will not be using any of the new features, but as far as I know it should still work.

What is the specific  "Better Coolers" and "Better Vents" mod you are trying to work with, please provide link?

crusader2010

Quote from: Jaxxa on May 02, 2016, 07:16:00 PM
Quote from: crusader2010 on May 02, 2016, 02:31:38 PM

Thanks!

Glad you like the mods.

I dont think that More Vanilla Turrets should have a problem with Combat realism. I it will not be using any of the new features, but as far as I know it should still work.

What is the specific  "Better Coolers" and "Better Vents" mod you are trying to work with, please provide link?

Here's the link: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14177.0
I'm not sure, but Latta's mods (repackaged by Skullywag) might change only the appearance of the coolers/vents. The powered vent is working properly.  Thank you!
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Maitri

Trying to use the Stargate but I can't seem to move anything or anyone to anywhere else. How does this work? Halp!

I think I might've been confused.

Is this basically just a fancy way of moving colonists from one saved file (colony) to another? i.e. You put them into the Stargate using 'Load Colonists' and then load up a different save file, with a different colony, build the 'Offworld Stargate' and activate it, then loading the colonists into it?

I figured this allowed you to explore the other 'plots' of land in the world that was generated. i.e. Around the settlement you created. Is this not the case?

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Jaxxa on April 16, 2016, 02:46:25 AM
Plant24H:
-snip-
This mod contains unmodified core game files (and by extension, thingdefs) which breaks compatibility between this mod and one of my mods. I suggest removing all unmodified thingdefs from the mod to ensure compatibility between this mod and other mods that do change those things.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Jaxxa

Quote from: Maitri on May 03, 2016, 01:04:06 PM
Trying to use the Stargate but I can't seem to move anything or anyone to anywhere else. How does this work? Halp!

I think I might've been confused.

Is this basically just a fancy way of moving colonists from one saved file (colony) to another? i.e. You put them into the Stargate using 'Load Colonists' and then load up a different save file, with a different colony, build the 'Offworld Stargate' and activate it, then loading the colonists into it?

I figured this allowed you to explore the other 'plots' of land in the world that was generated. i.e. Around the settlement you created. Is this not the case?

That is basically how it works, but you need to add the colonists / resources. Then Press "Dial Out", I think this is the part you may be missing. Then on a new map you can recall them. Let me know if that still does not work.

Quote from: ItchyFlea on May 03, 2016, 11:55:16 PM
Quote from: Jaxxa on April 16, 2016, 02:46:25 AM
Plant24H:
-snip-
This mod contains unmodified core game files (and by extension, thingdefs) which breaks compatibility between this mod and one of my mods. I suggest removing all unmodified thingdefs from the mod to ensure compatibility between this mod and other mods that do change those things.

Thanks for the feedback, but unfortunatly it is not that simple because as far as I am aware there are no unmodified thingdefs in the mod.

While most of the files are identical to the base one, a modification has been done to "PlantBase" inside "Plants_Cultivated.xml" setting the thingClass to "Enhanced_Development.Plants24H.Plant". Redefining the other definitions serves to make them use this new thingClass, even though the individual definitions in each file have not change from the base one.

I will have a look into either creating a compatibility patch for your mod. I dont think I can completely replace the Plant class in the Rimworld namespace, but if you have a better idea on how I could approach this I am open to suggestions.

hoochy

@Jaxxa can't you just hook (detours) the functions you want to modify in the base game therefore removing the need to have to modify any XML?

Jaxxa

I will have a look into that.

New Updates, including some compatibility patches:

2016-05-07
* Updating
  * ED-Shields to 01.00.02
  * ED-SubspaceTransponder 01.00.02
* Adding
  * ED-Embrasures-CR
  * ED-ClosableVent-BetterVents
  * ED-PoweredVents-BetterVents
  * ED-ReverseCycleCooler-BetterCoolers
  * ED-PersonalAnimalShields
  * ED-PersonalNanoShields

Exende

wait, doesn't the vanilla vent in A13 do the same thing as your powered vents without the power usage?

Jaxxa

Initially yes, that is why the powered vent is added in addition to the standard vent. However you are able to increase the power usage of the powered vent to increase the speed that the temperature changes. So instead of having 20 separate vents to equalise a massive room  you can have one vent and dump a bunch of power into it.

BlackflagNarwhal

Is there a core mod for this? That plant growth 24/7 wont work or somethin. :/

hoochy

Quote from: BlackflagNarwhal on May 07, 2016, 07:05:12 PM
Is there a core mod for this? That plant growth 24/7 wont work or somethin. :/

Jaxxa will have to change the way he does the mod if he wants any other plant based mod to work correctly with his. If you remove all other plant based mods it should work though.

Basically the best way seems to be to hook the relevant function(s) and then he won't need to modify any XML or anything like that, and provided his mod is loaded before other plant based ones most other mods should work with it unless they are also hooking the same functions.