[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Sujus

First of all, thank you for your great mods, I'm using almost all of them ^^
So far everything works fine, but I found some things you could fix/change. Plant24h doesn't work for Omnigel plants and your Omnigel matter replicators produce energy (useful but I guess it wasn't intended to do so). Finally your new NanoShields count as clothes instead of armor and nudists aren't happy anymore if they wear them. Also after the first charge, the Colonist Upgrade Station produces infinity shields in no time, with no recharge time required for the station.
Keep up your work, it's making Rimworld much more interesting :)

crusader2010

Hello! I just now realized that the MoreVanillaTurrets mods isn't working properly with the latest patches of CombatRealism (i.e. turrets should have ammo types/requirements, they should need to be reloaded, they should allow forced firing at a certain tile,etc). Thank you for the mods and keep up the good work!
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Nanao-kun

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 08, 2016, 11:18:57 AM
Hello! I just now realized that the MoreVanillaTurrets mods isn't working properly with the latest patches of CombatRealism (i.e. turrets should have ammo types/requirements, they should need to be reloaded, they should allow forced firing at a certain tile,etc). Thank you for the mods and keep up the good work!

Pretty sure something like that requires a compatibility patch.

top_hat_tomato

I'm having some difficulties with the auto-loader on mortars. Is there any specific way that you have set it up?

Derpythemongol

I'm having trouble with the Laser Drill; I'm unsure if it is actually working at this point, I made two of them in one of my colonies and a year has passed without any noticeable progress. How long did you happen to code it to be? I'm not sure if the mod itself is working or if I just haven't waited enough.
Thank you so much for your mods though, I'm using most of them and they add so much to the game!  :)

MisterVertigo

Quote from: Derpythemongol on May 09, 2016, 01:01:32 PM
I'm having trouble with the Laser Drill; I'm unsure if it is actually working at this point, I made two of them in one of my colonies and a year has passed without any noticeable progress. How long did you happen to code it to be? I'm not sure if the mod itself is working or if I just haven't waited enough.
Thank you so much for your mods though, I'm using most of them and they add so much to the game!  :)
I've been using this mod, and I haven't had any trouble with my setup. Everyone is different though.

If you have it built and connected to power, when you click on it the window should show how much work is left. As long as it's powered that number should be steadily decreasing. Once it reaches zero it will go away and you will have a new geyser. It does take a while, but no where near that long.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Sujus

Quote from: MisterVertigo on May 09, 2016, 01:29:22 PM
I've been using this mod, and I haven't had any trouble with my setup. Everyone is different though.

If you have it built and connected to power, when you click on it the window should show how much work is left. As long as it's powered that number should be steadily decreasing. Once it reaches zero it will go away and you will have a new geyser. It does take a while, but no where near that long.

Once I built a Laser Drill besides a Geothermal Generator and although it was directly connected, it didn't get any power. But as I connected both with additional wires, it worked, so perhaps this could solve your problem too :)

Derpythemongol

Quote from: Sujus on May 09, 2016, 03:56:19 PM

Once I built a Laser Drill besides a Geothermal Generator and although it was directly connected, it didn't get any power. But as I connected both with additional wires, it worked, so perhaps this could solve your problem too :)

Alrighty. I'll be sure to double check with my colony. Thank you both so much for your replies and have a fantastic day! :D

SynsPlayground

Quote from: Jaxxa on April 16, 2016, 02:45:22 AM

The shields will stop projectiles that try to enter it, but allow weapons to be fired out.

Been testing this out, bullets still seem to get through even when the sheild is at full charge
Sadism Isnt All Fun And Games, At Least Not For You, I'm Having A Ball! -A Sadist You've Never Seen(Syns)

laser_man6

Where are the stargates in the archatect?

Jaxxa

Quote from: hoochy on May 08, 2016, 04:39:02 AM
Quote from: BlackflagNarwhal on May 07, 2016, 07:05:12 PM
Is there a core mod for this? That plant growth 24/7 wont work or somethin. :/

Jaxxa will have to change the way he does the mod if he wants any other plant based mod to work correctly with his. If you remove all other plant based mods it should work though.

Basically the best way seems to be to hook the relevant function(s) and then he won't need to modify any XML or anything like that, and provided his mod is loaded before other plant based ones most other mods should work with it unless they are also hooking the same functions.

Yes, No core mod, but it could be an incomparability with another mod. I am looking into changing how the mod works by using Detours.

Quote from: Sujus on May 08, 2016, 10:52:49 AM
First of all, thank you for your great mods, I'm using almost all of them ^^
So far everything works fine, but I found some things you could fix/change. Plant24h doesn't work for Omnigel plants and your Omnigel matter replicators produce energy (useful but I guess it wasn't intended to do so). Finally your new NanoShields count as clothes instead of armor and nudists aren't happy anymore if they wear them. Also after the first charge, the Colonist Upgrade Station produces infinity shields in no time, with no recharge time required for the station.
Keep up your work, it's making Rimworld much more interesting :)

Glad you like the mods and thanks for reporting those bugs.

Quote from: Nanao-kun on May 08, 2016, 01:26:21 PM
Quote from: crusader2010 on May 08, 2016, 11:18:57 AM

Pretty sure something like that requires a compatibility patch.

Yes that will need a patch, I will look into that.

Quote from: top_hat_tomato on May 08, 2016, 05:56:31 PM
I'm having some difficulties with the auto-loader on mortars. Is there any specific way that you have set it up?

Yes, currently what is not working with turrets, only a few of the other ED mods can use Autoloader currently. Working with turrets is on my todo list, but I dont know when I will get to it.

Quote from: Derpythemongol on May 09, 2016, 08:11:14 PM
Quote from: Sujus on May 09, 2016, 03:56:19 PM

Alrighty. I'll be sure to double check with my colony. Thank you both so much for your replies and have a fantastic day! :D

Hope you got it figured out, It should not be taking that long. You should be able to see the progress in the text at the lower left when you have the drill selected. Also only one drill can be activated at any one time. Try toggling the power on/off.

Quote from: SynsPlayground on May 10, 2016, 09:48:39 AM
Quote from: Jaxxa on April 16, 2016, 02:45:22 AM

The shields will stop projectiles that try to enter it, but allow weapons to be fired out.

Been testing this out, bullets still seem to get through even when the sheild is at full charge

Are you using any modded weapons?

Quote from: laser_man6 on May 10, 2016, 06:03:43 PM
Where are the stargates in the archatect?

I think they are under Misc

laser_man6

i just checked and thay are not there, is the convaterbelt mods conflicting? it adds a cutom tab in the archatect and adds a new black bar,il will test with out it

laser_man6

laser_man6

OMG,I am super sorry, i forgot to enable the mod XD

laser_man6