[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Elysium

Jaxxa

Thanks for the report, can you please get the latest version of the mod and let me know if it still happens.

Elysium

Oh, I had no idea it was fixed already, there was no mention of it on the forums and your post still says 08-02.

Jaxxa

Yeah, sorry about that, Looks like I missed posting on the forum that a new update was out.

H8ff0000

Quote from: Jaxxa on April 16, 2016, 02:46:00 AM
ED-ClosableVent:

Modified the existing Vent System by allowing the Vents to be closed.

Download:
https://github.com/jaxxa/ED-ClosableVent/releases

Patches:
Better Vents:
https://github.com/jaxxa/ED-ClosableVent-BetterVents/releases
Could use some clarification about the vent mods. So I see there are compatibility patches with the ED vent mods to use the graphics from BetterVents. I would like to use this. My questions are:
- I see that ED-ClosableVent and ED-PoweredVent are listed as A14 compatible. However on Skullywags page, BetterVents itself is listed as still being worked on for A14. Will the compatibility patches for ClosableVent and PoweredVent work for A14? And will I still need to wait for Skullywags to update BetterVents?
- If I want to use the above-mentioned mods and patches, do I need to use both the mods and the patches? And what about BetterVents itself? Or, and this is what I'm assuming is the correct method, do I not use those 2 of ED's mods themselves, and instead use the compatibility patches + Skullywags BetterVents mod?
- How do we install those compatibility patches? Are they installed seperately like other mods, or are they placed inside of another mod, I assume in this case that would be BetterVents?

MarineStardust

just wondering, do the safe trap mod prevent animal pet from triggering a trap?

Jaxxa

Could use some clarification about the vent mods. So I see there are compatibility patches with the ED vent mods to use the graphics from BetterVents. I would like to use this. My questions are:
- I see that ED-ClosableVent and ED-PoweredVent are listed as A14 compatible. However on Skullywags page, BetterVents itself is listed as still being worked on for A14. Will the compatibility patches for ClosableVent and PoweredVent work for A14? And will I still need to wait for Skullywags to update BetterVents?
- If I want to use the above-mentioned mods and patches, do I need to use both the mods and the patches? And what about BetterVents itself? Or, and this is what I'm assuming is the correct method, do I not use those 2 of ED's mods themselves, and instead use the compatibility patches + Skullywags BetterVents mod?
- How do we install those compatibility patches? Are they installed seperately like other mods, or are they placed inside of another mod, I assume in this case that would be BetterVents?
[/quote]

Currently the compatibility Patches are all for A13. I have updated the post to reflect that better. After the base mods are released If requested I will work on updating the patches.

Quote from: MarineStardust on August 13, 2016, 01:34:57 PM
just wondering, do the safe trap mod prevent animal pet from triggering a trap?

It should stop your pets from triggering traps. If it does not please report it as a bug.

Elysium

Manhunter packs do not seem to trigger traps.

Jaxxa

They should still be triggering traps as much as they do in the base game. But animals have a reduced chance to trigger traps compared to a similar human.

Elysium

Quote from: Jaxxa on August 15, 2016, 07:13:11 PM
They should still be triggering traps as much as they do in the base game. But animals have a reduced chance to trigger traps compared to a similar human.

46 boomrats walked over 7 traps

Gfurst

Hey Jaxxa, as usual thanks for the great mods.
Over the discussions of embrasures, I would like to voice my opinion as well:
I too like the idea of building fortified bunkers and structures from which my fighters can shoot, however (like already mentioned) the AI does not know how to deal with it, considering a closed off wall with embrasures as indoors, and simply ignoring it going still for the entrance or whatever else is on their way. So they won't try to fire or even blow the wall up, for that reason alone its a sort of broken feature.
I see no other solution as well to just using sandbags as a sort of fence on the game, as it is the closest thing to fence in the game. Perhaps some sort of halfway concept? Either way, having a 1 wall column provides a pretty good protection advantage.
As for the other point, the game doesn't seem to have a FOV feature, but it does have line of sight, and those in embrasures seems to be like 90° open to the front of the peer( 45° each side). its good enough, though one could expect a more restrict thin line in front of it.

Lady Wolf

Loving these mods for the latest release so far, any word on when the stargates and person nano shields will be upgraded to A14?

H8ff0000

Quote from: Gfurst on August 15, 2016, 08:47:31 PM
Hey Jaxxa, as usual thanks for the great mods.
Over the discussions of embrasures, I would like to voice my opinion as well:
I too like the idea of building fortified bunkers and structures from which my fighters can shoot, however (like already mentioned) the AI does not know how to deal with it, considering a closed off wall with embrasures as indoors, and simply ignoring it going still for the entrance or whatever else is on their way. So they won't try to fire or even blow the wall up, for that reason alone its a sort of broken feature.
I see no other solution as well to just using sandbags as a sort of fence on the game, as it is the closest thing to fence in the game. Perhaps some sort of halfway concept? Either way, having a 1 wall column provides a pretty good protection advantage.
As for the other point, the game doesn't seem to have a FOV feature, but it does have line of sight, and those in embrasures seems to be like 90° open to the front of the peer( 45° each side). its good enough, though one could expect a more restrict thin line in front of it.
So if I understand this correctly, if you use embrasures to make a bunker, meaning some sort of room and a section of that room being an embrasure (which by the way is a great idea), it doesn't work properly. But if we use the embrasure in a space that is at some point open, and therefore not considered a room, then it works fine? Like for example, maybe a single tile left open on one side so it isn't considered an enclosed space? And does this lapse in functionality effect all embrasures (brunayla's, skullywag's, etc.)?

BG-0

Hey Jaxxa, awesome, awesome mods. SafeTraps is my favorite, I hate designing killboxes and exploiting AI to control enemy movements and this actually makes it viable to defend yourself without those.

However... Is it possible to mod the colonist pathing AI to not avoid traps at all costs? My colonists are going around mountains to avoid stepping on a trap or two...

SpaceDorf

Why not make a path with doors next to your traps ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.