[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Gfurst

Quote from: H8ff0000 on August 16, 2016, 12:44:54 AM
So if I understand this correctly, if you use embrasures to make a bunker, meaning some sort of room and a section of that room being an embrasure (which by the way is a great idea), it doesn't work properly. But if we use the embrasure in a space that is at some point open, and therefore not considered a room, then it works fine? Like for example, maybe a single tile left open on one side so it isn't considered an enclosed space? And does this lapse in functionality effect all embrasures (brunayla's, skullywag's, etc.)?
Yeah that seems to be the way its working, eg I tried building bunkers attached to my bunker base, closer to where my pawns should with safe access.
I haven't tested with other mods but they probably work the same way.

Quote from: BG-0 on August 17, 2016, 08:20:16 AM
However... Is it possible to mod the colonist pathing AI to not avoid traps at all costs? My colonists are going around mountains to avoid stepping on a trap or two...
Wait, so the safe trap mod actually makes the pawns avoid the traps instead of reducing their chances?

BG-0

Quote from: Gfurst on August 17, 2016, 03:27:45 PM

However... Is it possible to mod the colonist pathing AI to not avoid traps at all costs? My colonists are going around mountains to avoid stepping on a trap or two...
Wait, so the safe trap mod actually makes the pawns avoid the traps instead of reducing their chances?

No it makes them not trigger the traps at all, but as part of vanilla? behaviour, they will also do their best not to step on any traps ever. A 5-tile path with a trap on it will be less preferable to pawns than a 5000-tile path that has no traps.

Edit: It might actually take two consecutive trapped tiles on a path to make it infinitely repulsive to pawns

SpaceDorf

Could Embrasures mess with the room detection ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

SpaceDorf

Hmm .. To bad nobody answered that ..

Well. Doesn't matter anymore anyway.

But I would like to pose a request :)
It would be very, very nice if your Subspace Transponder could send an UI Message when fully charged.
I forget about it half of the time, since it is a long time between sending and being fully charged again, so a small reminder would make this great mode even better.

Gfurst

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 22, 2016, 11:17:03 PM
Hmm .. To bad nobody answered that ..
Well. Doesn't matter anymore anyway.
Why do you ask that?
I had the issue, sometimes room will not auto detect, separate from outdoors/other room. Its minor and gets corrected once you reload your save.
Anyway, I don't it has anything to do with the mod, just general rimworld bug. I actually think it may be related somehow with roofs detection.

SpaceDorf

Possible :)
I feared it had to do with my generous use of embrasures and I asked because I remembered reading in some thread that the use of embrasures could cause problems.

But thanks for answering. :)

ruzackovich

update a14 for personal nano shield please !

Jaxxa

Just Update:

• ED-Stargate_02.00.02
  • ED-PersonalNanoShields_02.00.00
  • ED-PersonalAnimalShields_02.00.00

Quote from: Elysium on August 15, 2016, 07:19:02 PM
Quote from: Jaxxa on August 15, 2016, 07:13:11 PM
They should still be triggering traps as much as they do in the base game. But animals have a reduced chance to trigger traps compared to a similar human.

46 boomrats walked over 7 traps

Animals look to have a low chance to trigger traps, that combined with the small size of boomrats that also factor into the chance to trigger does not convince me that this is a bug that I have introduced.

Quote from: Lady Wolf on August 16, 2016, 12:07:32 AM
Loving these mods for the latest release so far, any word on when the stargates and person nano shields will be upgraded to A14?
Quote from: ruzackovich on August 23, 2016, 12:30:18 PM
update a14 for personal nano shield please !

Right now :)

Hey Jaxxa, awesome, awesome mods. SafeTraps is my favorite, I hate designing killboxes and exploiting AI to control enemy movements and this actually makes it viable to defend yourself without those.

Might be possible, have not looked into it, but I am heasetant to add too much complexity.

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 23, 2016, 03:47:43 AM
I feared it had to do with my generous use of embrasures and I asked because I remembered reading in some thread that the use of embrasures could cause problems.

I think as far as room detection goes they should just be seen as normal walls. There are some problems with Raiders not knowing that they can fire through embrasures.

Nanao-kun

Any chance for a compatibility patch for Combat Realism 1.6.7.3 and ED-Shields?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Jaxxa on August 26, 2016, 08:07:03 PM

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 23, 2016, 03:47:43 AM

I think as far as room detection goes they should just be seen as normal walls. There are some problems with Raiders not knowing that they can fire through embrasures.

Thanks for answering, I may have overdone it with doors on that occasion.
And I had enough raiders shooting through embrasures, that I have no problem with the knowledge that they are doing it less than they could.

And as always. Gratz on a Release, Thanks for the great work.

kahlzun

Sorry to be That Guy, but here's a nod to many of these for Alpha 15!
Look for me on the KSP forums!
Rimworld. The game where getting a cannibal psychopath with bloodlust is a good thing.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: kahlzun on August 29, 2016, 10:13:22 AM
Sorry to be That Guy, but here's a nod to many of these for Alpha 15!

There is no such thing as to many mods, or modders for that.

Kassidoo

Hi, will there be a BasicShield compatability patch with Combat Realism for A14, or will you just update them straigth to A15

Edit: Using the A13 CR patch with A14 gives me this error when I build a shield(it also never spawns so the resources are wasted) :

Exception in Tick (pawn=Ed, job=FinishFrame A=Thing_Building_ShieldStandard_Frame4610118, CurToil=2): System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
  at System.Activator.CheckType (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Frame.CompleteConstruction (Verse.Pawn worker) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_ConstructFinishFrame+<MakeNewToils>c__IteratorB.<>m__28 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Is there anything I can do to make it work?

shhfiftyfive

request: can you please increase the amount of uranium crafted per job from omni gel mk 3 replicator. 1 per job is extremely low, and you need 20 uranium to do anything. (such as skullywag's armor repair mod to repair 1 crummy personal shield.)

i only ask this because uranium is so rare to be found for sale from the traders. so i really have no good way to get uranium.

i find the other material outputs are also quite low but i can just buy those materials from traders. really sad the replicators are not worth it except for the steel. you get a decent amount of steel per job, but every other material you try to craft gives just 1 of each which is awful. those ratios are just so bad it will take ages of growing to get enough resources to convert to anything. the math doesn't add up. you're better off growing something else. even cloth. the returns on anything but steel are so bad that i just skip it and make money selling clothes and buy the materials instead of wasting the omni gel on them.

pktongrimworld