[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Jaxxa

Update. I had wanted to get some some of the mods updated over the weekend, but that didn't end up happening. Intend to find the time soon, hopefully get some updated Tonight.

I had intended to skip a Shields patch for CR in A14 and focus on A15, but since a few people have asked about it assuming there is no major problems with it I will bring out a A14 patch.

The cost for things using OmniGel was balanced against the MarketValue in the base game. If you are finding that most things are not worth it then maybe I need to look at increasing its use across the board. Maybe having the Replicator not have to be manned, just fill it and leave it to work? Do you thing that would be an improvement, maybe for the higher level ones.

shhfiftyfive

Quote from: Jaxxa on September 04, 2016, 08:11:45 PM
The cost for things using OmniGel was balanced against the MarketValue in the base game. If you are finding that most things are not worth it then maybe I need to look at increasing its use across the board. Maybe having the Replicator not have to be manned, just fill it and leave it to work? Do you thing that would be an improvement, maybe for the higher level ones.

for me in particular, i find biomes with good weather and long grow seasons are too easy. so i play extreme cassandra on cold biome. and to make things less easy-mode, i do not use grow zones for crops. hydroponics only. the only thing i grow outside of hydroponics is trees and devilstrand.

so, the amount of omni gel i typically grow is limited. hydroponics operation is costly.

but even if i could fill the entire map with free grow zones and had level 20 growers working it, the ratios are very wrong for the amount of time it takes to harvest/collect that much omni gel. not all outputs are created equal...

in terms of market value, each job seems to output different amount of silver/value, so only one job is worth doing because it outputs the best market value.

40 omni gel for 20 steel is okay. steel is worth $2.00. this makes each omni gel worth $1.00
75 omni gel for 30 silver? 30=$30.00. so each omni gel is only worth 40 cents!
and so on...
60 for 1 plasteel. valued @ $27 per plasteel = 45 cents per omni gel.
30 for 1 gold. valued @ $15 per gold = 50 cents per omni gel.
50 for 1 uranium. valued @ $5.00 per uranium = 10 cents per omni gel
40 for 1 medicine. valued @ $25.00 per medicine = 62 cents per onmi gel
60 for 2 artillery shells. valued @ $14.00 per shell =  40 cents per omni gel

meanwhile, if i crafted these items and tried to sell them for a profit, i'd get nowhere near those values. none would be more profitable than making cotton and crafting clothing and selling the clothing.

currently i find it only worth crafting steel from mk 2 replicator. otherwise i just grow cotton instead and have my level 20 tailor craft clothing to sell, then i buy what i need from traders (usually gold for EPOE).

as i mentioned, the reason i suggest uranium production be boosted is because it is rarely available for sale, so market value means nothing if the stock available to purchase is always zero.

i went ahead and edited the xml file to output 10 uranium per job, which i find more reasonable. this makes omni gel worth about $1.00 instead of 10 cents. this makes uranium obtainable. and you need 20 uranium at a time to do anything with it so...

i'd also suggest all other outputs be adjusted so that omni gel market value is at least $1.00 (as good as steel output), instead of less than 1/2 the value of steel...

so this:
40 for 20 steel
75 for 75 silver
270 for 10 plasteel.
150 for 10 gold.
50 for 10 uranium.
25 for 1 medicine.
70 for 5 artillery shells.

and the amount of work to do each job should be pretty quick, which i think it already is.

Jaxxa

Thanks for the detailed reply. Yeah those numbers do look off, it looks  like I may not have rebalanced them after the A14 update, so they were all against the A13 values. From memory I thing i was going with each plant being worth about $0.50 of materials.
Although the next version may have to by higher now that there is deep drilling in core to keep it competitive.

I am thinking that each OmniGel gives $1 of materials and have the Mark3 Bench be able to produce without someone having to keep working it, just fill it up and start it.

Does that sound like a good balance to you?

shhfiftyfive

late edit of previous post:

i'd also suggest all other outputs be adjusted so that omni gel market value is at least $1.00 (as good as steel output), instead of less than 1/2 the value of steel...

so this:
40 for 20 steel
75 for 75 silver
270 for 10 plasteel.
150 for 10 gold.
50 for 10 uranium.
25 for 1 medicine.
70 for 5 artillery shells.

and the amount of work to do each job should be pretty quick, which i think it already is.

as for making mk 3 unmanned, idk. i never had an issue with the work times (of steel). the amount of work it takes to grow and haul from grow site to the mk1/2/3 replicator is far more time consuming in comparison than the amount of time required to process the gel to steel...

shhfiftyfive

i'd also request that the power cost for these replicators be adjusted to work like most vanilla stations. so... only require/draw power when in operation, instead of drawing massive amounts of power from the power grid when idle.

as of now i keep all 3 of these powered off, and only occasionally turn on the mk 2 when i get enough omni gel to keep my crafter busy for a day, then i shut it off again.

i'd also consider wanting the same functionality for the ed-more vanilla turrets 'devastator mortar', so i don't have to flick them off/on before and after each use. maybe just make them draw power when they are being "manned". not a major deal. just tedious micro management doing all that flicking.

Mese

Are you planning on updating the laser drill to version 15 anytime soon ?

Jaxxa

Cool, I will look into changing the power requirements and do another rebalance with the latest market values.

Although from memory there was a limit to the amount you can use in a single recipe of about 70, so gold and plasteel might have to be made in smaller batches.

Quote from: Mese on September 04, 2016, 10:36:35 PM
Are you planning on updating the laser drill to version 15 anytime soon ?
Yes

Jaxxa

Just Updated ED-ShieldsBasic to A15 and ED-Shields-CR patch to A14.

okiri

Quote from: Jaxxa on September 05, 2016, 09:12:32 AM
Just Updated ED-ShieldsBasic to A15 and ED-Shields-CR patch to A14.

This is the one I love. Thanks for the update.

Jaxxa

Updated

* ED-CheatReactor_02.00.00
* ED-Embrasures_03.00.00

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Jaxxa on September 07, 2016, 08:30:37 AM
Updated

* ED-CheatReactor_02.00.00
* ED-Embrasures_03.00.00

Accepting the Danger of embedding my foot deeply into my behind .. whats the cheat reactor ? and where ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Jaxxa

Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 07, 2016, 03:34:19 PM

Accepting the Danger of embedding my foot deeply into my behind .. whats the cheat reactor ? and where ?

What are you talking about? There is a link to it on the main post, A link that has TOTALLY been there this whole time and I in no way just added right now. /s  ::)

I was putting it up late at night and didn't actually have the post set up.

Basically it does what it says. You can build it for free with out research and it produces a bunch of power, I use it for testing things that need power quickly. Start a new game Drop one of those in, drop in a shield generator next to it and see if it works.

https://github.com/jaxxa/ED-CheatReactor/releases

SpaceDorf

I don't know how I could have overlooked this.
Very useful indeed.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Jdalt40

Hey does your shield mod work with Alpha 15? Your main post said it was for Alpha 14 but the latest download for the Shield mod said Alpha 15, which one? :D

Jaxxa

Quote from: Jdalt40 on September 08, 2016, 02:29:45 AM
Hey does your shield mod work with Alpha 15? Your main post said it was for Alpha 14 but the latest download for the Shield mod said Alpha 15, which one? :D

My bad, looks like I copied it from the A14 list instead of moving it. Fixed Now.
The latest ED-ShieldsBasic should be working for A15, let me know if you have any issues with it.