[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Snownova

For me shields is the main one I'm looking forwards to.

Maybe Stargate if it's reworked to teleport between colonies (since between saves no longer seems necessary)

MarcTheMerc

Just so you know your embrasures work in alpha 16 all it really needs is the target version changed in the abouts page. (as far as I know)
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

Jaxxa

Just Updated:

ED-Embrasures
ED-CheatReactor
ED-LaserDrill

As always let me know if there are any issues with them.

Smexy_Vampire

funny thing is stargate still kinda works XD

Wendigo

Looking forward to a Shields update.  I also miss PersonalNanoShields and SubspaceTransponder, but not sure if the A14 stuff is getting a kick up to A16.  Either way, glad to see you updating ED again, Jaxxa.

iamyourgoldfish

Request for PersonalNanoShields to be updated. My favorite mod, has saved me tons of damaged limbs, and makes melee colonists actualy worth it.
Also if you do update it, a way to recharge the shields during caravans would be great. Some sort of natural regen, or a portable generator or something that could be uninstalled and transported and deployed on the temporary / raider maps.

asquirrel

Thanks a bunch man for the Alpha 16 updates that you've done so far.  They are a necessity for every Rimworld game I play.  Looking forward to the  rest of the updates.  Hey, do you do a global shield mod too?

darkhowle

ED Laser drill bug when i unzip it :v fix it please

Jaxxa

Quote from: darkhowle on December 27, 2016, 09:59:56 AM
ED Laser drill bug when i unzip it :v fix it please
It was a .7z file not a .zip file. I have added a .zip file now.

Quote from: asquirrel on December 24, 2016, 06:34:48 PM
Thanks a bunch man for the Alpha 16 updates that you've done so far.  They are a necessity for every Rimworld game I play.  Looking forward to the  rest of the updates.  Hey, do you do a global shield mod too?

What do you mean by "global shield mod"?

Kerobeross

Do you have ETA on shields ? I have a fully operational mod selection for A16 and Shields would be the icing on the cake.

On a side note, embrasures and laser drill(also part of my selection :D) seem to be working fine so far. Thanks for the work you put in your mods, they are really game practical and balanced imo.

asquirrel

Second on ED Shields.  Another one of my must have mods!! :)

HowAboutScience

I don't have permission to do this so if this is bad someone let me know.

I got ED-Shields working in A16, took a few simple edits to some method calls to account for the new map and world system. I have not extensively tested this, but instead of throwing DivideByZero exceptions it makes a shield so I'm calling it good.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mytojf2movhsqu1/ED-ShieldsBasic.zip?dl=1

Enjoy

asquirrel

Quote from: HowAboutScience on December 30, 2016, 03:12:13 PM
I don't have permission to do this so if this is bad someone let me know.

I got ED-Shields working in A16, took a few simple edits to some method calls to account for the new map and world system. I have not extensively tested this, but instead of throwing DivideByZero exceptions it makes a shield so I'm calling it good.

Oh sweet goodness!  I'm going to try it out as soon as I can get my game unscrewed.  It's throwing all kinds of errors when I try to cook.  Is there a way to clean out config files and stuff?  Maybe I got some old Rimworld crap (A15) messing with the A16 build?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mytojf2movhsqu1/ED-ShieldsBasic.zip?dl=1

Enjoy

HowAboutScience

Quote from: asquirrel on December 30, 2016, 03:38:21 PM
Oh sweet goodness!  I'm going to try it out as soon as I can get my game unscrewed.  It's throwing all kinds of errors when I try to cook.  Is there a way to clean out config files and stuff?  Maybe I got some old Rimworld crap (A15) messing with the A16 build?

Only rimworld files in my knowledge would be wherever you downloaded the game, and the config files in appdata/locallow/ludeon.  Could try deleting the contents of that folder, but you will lose all settings/saves ect.

Good Luck

asquirrel

Quote from: HowAboutScience on December 30, 2016, 03:48:04 PM
Quote from: asquirrel on December 30, 2016, 03:38:21 PM

Hmm.  Seeing as I'm in screwsville right now I'm gonna try it. :D

Only rimworld files in my knowledge would be wherever you downloaded the game, and the config files in appdata/locallow/ludeon.  Could try deleting the contents of that folder, but you will lose all settings/saves ect.

Good Luck