[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

asquirrel

I think I might have spoken too soon about the shield mod.  Did you get crazy stuff like this?  It looks like a missing texture or something:

Edit - Newp.  Looks like there was a conflict with another texture maybe or the install was corrupt.  I disabled the mod and then closed Rimworld.  Then re-copied the files from the mod archive back into the Ed-Shield folder in Rimworld.  Then re-enabled the mod and put it last on the mod load list.  The textures are normal again.  Whew. :)

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Jaxxa

Yeah, posting a updated version is fine. Have had less time than expected. Planning to get an official update of that and a few other mods tomorrow.

Updating someone elses mod to a new Alpha is actually how I got started with modding.

Tgr

Hi, when using this mod enemy ranged units don't stand off as normal, and instead try to rush the door or pile up climbing through the embrasures.

I'm not sure there's  a quick fix to this ... I am also unsure if the exact same thing would happen if, say, I build sandbags in the same pattern with doors. It may be a vanilla AI bug.

Jaxxa

Updated ED-ShieldsBasic.

Also included some new Art by Rilamus.

CathDubh

Any chance of a combat realism patch for the shields in a16?
Great mod by the way

Screech

I tried to refill a steam vent with the laser drill filler, it just doesn't want to sit properly on the geyser. I can put it right next to it but it won't detect the hole. Plus it has a white outline like those of the sunlamps have, I don't think that's necessary. Could it be a conflicting mod? Or is it just broken?

Jaxxa

Quote from: CathDubh on January 05, 2017, 12:08:29 PM
Any chance of a combat realism patch for the shields in a16?
Great mod by the way

Haven't used CR any time recently, is this the latest version / one you want a patch for?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27374.0

Quote from: Screech on January 05, 2017, 12:16:07 PM
I tried to refill a steam vent with the laser drill filler, it just doesn't want to sit properly on the geyser. I can put it right next to it but it won't detect the hole. Plus it has a white outline like those of the sunlamps have, I don't think that's necessary. Could it be a conflicting mod? Or is it just broken?

The Laser Filler no longer gets placed directly on a geyser. There was an issue with a geyser too close to water so you could not place a generator on it, but you also could not place a Filler on it, so now it just has to be close not directly on. When you activate and power the filler you should see the work remaining counting down.

joaonunes

Quote from: Jaxxa on January 05, 2017, 05:24:24 PM
Haven't used CR any time recently, is this the latest version / one you want a patch for?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27374.0

That is the latest alright
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

CathDubh

RoronoaDroagon

hello
awesome mod, use it in my mod colection, love it ^^
just wondering if this was the mod that had the embrasures that could be used as doors??
the embrasures could be retracted down in the ground and you could even toggel the embrasure effect/status to a normal wall/full wall??
whould be awesome to have that ^^

123nick

Quote from: RoronoaDroagon on January 07, 2017, 05:35:17 PM
hello
awesome mod, use it in my mod colection, love it ^^
just wondering if this was the mod that had the embrasures that could be used as doors??
the embrasures could be retracted down in the ground and you could even toggel the embrasure effect/status to a normal wall/full wall??
whould be awesome to have that ^^

i remember that mod, it was mechanical defense 2 and not this one, and i dont think mechanical defense was updated.

also, will 24 hour plants be updated soon?

Smexy_Vampire

is it posable to get stargate working agin :D i kinda like story line my poeple retreat into one and pop out in a new land

ADM-Ntek

i love the shields and the Embrasures. but is it just me or does the texture for the Embrasures not align properly.

Snownova

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on January 08, 2017, 02:39:42 AM
is it posable to get stargate working agin :D i kinda like story line my poeple retreat into one and pop out in a new land

I agree, also with the new world mapit would be awesome to connect colonies with a stargate, for a faster alternative to caravans

Jaxxa

Just Released a number of Updates. Including a compatibility patch for CR and Shields.

2017-01-21
* ED-CheatReactor_03.00.01
* ED-Embrasures_04.00.01
* ED-LaserDrill_04.00.01
* ED-ReverseCycleCooler_04.00.00
* ED-ShieldsBasic_04.00.00
* ED-Shields-CR_03.00.00