Mod Request Bugs nerf

Started by tonsrd, April 16, 2016, 08:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonsrd

I request a mod that simply nerfs the mega-spider hp by50%

and all dmg of thebugs by 50%.
and a decrease in the hive showing up from day 25 to day 50 ( "less troll incidents" does this but I think others might like it here also )

silenced

What exactly is your issue with them?

They're easily killed, can be kited (since they won't move away too far from their hive), and are rather studid AI-wise, like moving around a corner and they "forget" what they were doing.

Having one colonist with a survival rifle, one with a shotgun and one with grenades works wonders, but even one colonist with shotgun/survival rifle is enough, and enough to take out a whole hive-spawn before the next ones hatch out of it.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ...

ricemaster

if you don't have combat asset, just block spawn point with walls and install some air conditioner and freeze them out.

temperature below about -25C can kill bugs hive and you can just leave the bug there to starve.

Ashiver

Myself I don't have a problem with the bugs early on, I have burned them out and I have just straight up fought them.  I however do want to be able to control where the infestations will happen better though, because late game you get a bunch of hives at once and I am really tired of that more or less telling me "You can't have colonist bed rooms that are underground."  I feel like they shouldn't occur as often or at all in well trafficked areas, especially lit ones.  I would definitely settle for a mod that gave me some kind of sub sonic vibration device that made it so infestations were prevented, or prevented in a radius around it.

ricemaster

Quote from: Ashiver on April 16, 2016, 09:30:48 AM
Myself I don't have a problem with the bugs early on, I have burned them out and I have just straight up fought them.  I however do want to be able to control where the infestations will happen better though, because late game you get a bunch of hives at once and I am really tired of that more or less telling me "You can't have colonist bed rooms that are underground."  I feel like they shouldn't occur as often or at all in well trafficked areas, especially lit ones.  I would definitely settle for a mod that gave me some kind of sub sonic vibration device that made it so infestations were prevented, or prevented in a radius around it.

yeah. I like to use 'cave dweller' strategy in late game too and those bugs are really pain in the neck.
preventing bugs is nice idea tho. maybe I can dig some sourcefiles and make mod about that.