Request:Tipped Spears

Started by hector212121, April 16, 2016, 08:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hector212121

I mean, come on, who makes a entire spear out of steel?

Slightly lower damage spears that cost a bunch of wood and 10-20 of the resource you're tipping it with.

xDahaka2012x

The name of the thread intrigued me. I was waiting for something like "poison tipped" spears and then different types of poisons. Maybe someone can also come up with some crafting recipes for spears coated in different poisons? And different poisons may affect different functions of the body (movement, manipulation, sight and consciousness are the most preferable).

Boston

Why would the spear do any less damage with a shaft made from wood? The point is the bit that counts.

No, what concerns me is the spears that are made from different stone types. Slate, ok, I have made projectile points from slate before, but granite? Sandstone?

Not gonna happen, and even if it could, they wouldn't be spears, as those types of stones can't really hold sharp edges. Not that well.

hector212121

Because of momentum, eh? A spear made entirely out of a weighted metal like steel(though maybe not plasteel) would weigh more, and thus have more force when thrust at the same speed.

Poison would be interesting but also a different thing, i feel.

Also, maybe add tipped pila? I mean, if a wooden spear is *such* a horrible weapon, why does throwing it make it do so much more damage?