A system for efficiently cooking meals.

Started by Thoughtless, February 28, 2014, 03:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thoughtless

Currently, the best way to make meals is to set up a bill for infinite and then turn the voltage on/off as needed, I just thought I'd suggest a system that cooks a meal for each person in your base 2-3 times a day, so you could just tell people what to cook and then the rest is completely hands off.

(Also something that can be built that will store meals so they don't take up so much space.)

keylocke

Quote from: Thoughtless on February 28, 2014, 03:00:01 AM
(Also something that can be built that will store meals so they don't take up so much space.)

yea. barrels and crates ftw. also, there should be food spoilage and decomposing corpses of un-stored items as well... which leads to diseases and stuff..

as for the cooking bills... i usually play randy random. so my colony has a tendency to balloon up in size rather quickly, so food production is practically a constant thing for me. but i think others have already suggested about the "target production amount" option, so colonists will stop production when they've reached the target amount produced. this should apply to other crafts as well besides cooking.