Kibble requirements

Started by hyperkiller, April 16, 2016, 02:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hyperkiller

It says the kibble requires 1x (meat) and 1x (veg) of ingredients so i was confused of why i couldn't make any. Then I noticed one of them hauling 50x (i think i saw) of each to make the kibble which makes 50 kibble.

Mathenaut

It's 20/20.

A bit of debate on how much it's worth. It seems like you're getting more out of it, but kibble is consumed at extremely fast rates.

Rahjital

It's simple: It says that that kibble requires one nutrition worth of veggies, and one nutrition worth of meat. Since one unit of raw food has 0.05 nutrition, so you need 20 of each to reach the required 1 nutrition. It's done this way because eggs are more nutritious, and so you wouldn't use as many of them in the recipe. (if I remember right, each egg has 0.25 nutrition, so you'd only use 4 of them instead of 20).

I agree that it's very confusing, though, it could really use an improvement.

(By the way, kibble has 0.05 nutrition too, so you effectively gain 20% extra food by cooking it)

hyperkiller

Quote from: Rahjital on April 16, 2016, 03:03:09 PM
It's simple: It says that that kibble requires one nutrition worth of veggies, and one nutrition worth of meat. Since one unit of raw food has 0.05 nutrition, so you need 20 of each to reach the required 1 nutrition. It's done this way because eggs are more nutritious, and so you wouldn't use as many of them in the recipe. (if I remember right, each egg has 0.25 nutrition, so you'd only use 4 of them instead of 20).

I agree that it's very confusing, though, it could really use an improvement.

(By the way, kibble has 0.05 nutrition too, so you effectively gain 20% extra food by cooking it)
Oh alright, I see now. I didn't think/realized about the nutrition info, was assuming unit amounts

Jonofwrath

Can you make kibble with rotting meat?

Wex

You can make it with human meat.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Damien Hart

Quote from: Jonofwrath on May 21, 2016, 07:04:02 PM

No such thing. Rotting corpses can't be butchered, and meat that hits its use by date crumbles to dust.

Vaporisor

You can make kibble with hay though!  That is what I do.  If particularily vicious, human and hay kibble.

Kibble has advantage of not spoiling.  Word of experience.  If you set to make quantity of X, be sure that kibble gets its own stockpile.  I once had a spot blocked.  Result was the person mass made kibble cause stockpiles never got up to the minimum.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Wex

As an alternative to kibble, you can always have a corpse stockpile near your animals' sleeping spot. As long as they eat meat.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Chibiabos

Quote from: Wex on May 22, 2016, 12:07:17 AM
As an alternative to kibble, you can always have a corpse stockpile near your animals' sleeping spot. As long as they eat meat.

Double great if you check to allow it to accept rotting corpses, as animals can eat those even though they're useless to you.  Desiccated corpses are entirely useless though, and unfortunately the storage zone filters don't distinguish between rotting and desiccated corpses.
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Jonofwrath

Quote from: Damien Hart on May 21, 2016, 11:01:24 PM
Quote from: Jonofwrath on May 21, 2016, 07:04:02 PM

No such thing. Rotting corpses can't be butchered, and meat that hits its use by date crumbles to dust.

Ah. Thanks.