Successful ways to farm Insect Hives?

Started by Dartonian, April 16, 2016, 05:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dartonian

Everytime I try to farm the hives my colonists are murdered.. Have any of you found successful ways to minimize your casualties and farm the hives?

mumblemumble

Burning them out with pure heat, assuming you have a place to hide out of aggro range seems to work. Get a molotov, stand in a door, and throw them until the room hits around 500. Bugs will cook and get burned, yet insect jelly usually stays.

Course, I don't see the appeal in insect jelly...
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

zenwolf

Have 1 or 2 colonist skilled in shooting and equipe with charge rifle or minigun. Then just shoot and run and repeat. Bug doesn't chase too far from their nest so they will return at one point

litlbear

I had an insect hive grow so large they took up about 1/8 of the map.  If you wait 2 years the hives just die and you can kill off all the bugs.  Let me tell you I had enough meat to last me, but I ended up flying off the planet.
yes