How does the brawler trait work exactly?

Started by Negocromn, April 23, 2016, 03:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Negocromn

The game doesn't show any real info, the brawler bonus is listed as a factor on the hit chance calculations but it doesn't modify the final result, as in, the hit chance shown for brawlers and non brawlers of the same skill is the same.

Limdood

I'd love a dev or someone more code-savvy to weigh in here exactly how the "175% chance to hit" is actually calculated or applied.

Mathenaut

It doesn't.

It's just a bonus to the skill.

A Friend

Imo, I think Brawler traits decreasing melee cooldown instead of accuracy boost would work better for the trait.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

rexx1888

brawler is just a bizarro skill :\ are you legit telling me that someone would rather a knife over a rifle when hunting anything, let alone a damnable elephant :\

mumblemumble

I think brawler could be done better too,  still a hit chance bonus,  but say a 10-15% higher swing rate. Nothing huge, but an edge.

Also,  i think the hit rate for melee in stats is taken before the bonus is applied. Like the game calculates hit chance by skill,  weapon,  health effects, puts it on stats, but applies it during attack. Just a theory.

Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Negocromn

Quote from: A Friend on April 24, 2016, 12:22:42 AM
Imo, I think Brawler traits decreasing melee cooldown instead of accuracy boost would work better for the trait.

Quote from: mumblemumble on April 24, 2016, 03:10:24 AM
I think brawler could be done better too,  still a hit chance bonus,  but say a 10-15% higher swing rate. Nothing huge, but an edge.

I don't see the point of your changes, if the trait were to be modified it would make more sense to move it away from a simple combat bonus (we already have the melee skill for that)  to a more situational advantage. Something like losing less consciousness due to damage for example.

Anyway, still curious about the current brawler bonus.