Meal eat order

Started by GronkJuice, August 12, 2014, 02:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GronkJuice

Have played a few games on Alpha 5, just started this game a few days ago, and noticed that I can't seem to get my people to eat cooked meals over those starting packs in the game.  I mean if they can last years why would they eat them over a cooked meal that day, or even a day ago.  I rushed food for the reason to have those packs for events that prevent me from cooking for my people, or even the case I have to stop cooking for a few days to get other things done.  Would love to see that those well preserved emergency rations would actually be eaten in emergencies, rather then eating a letting perfectly cooked food go bad.

bobucles

If you don't eat them, the local wildlife will!

The best option you have is to keep the food safely in storage and have it forbidden until there's an emergency.

BetaSpectre

Setting meal eat order priorities per colonist would make sense.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

RawCode

colonists should select meal with least "spoiler" timer available.

i hit issue when colonists eat fresh meals and reserve meals just spoil.

_alphaBeta_

This may interest you. We briefly discuss the need, among some other wishlist items, for meal rationing and priorities under player control. PSMs are currently prioritized over standard meals, and stockpiling them can be tedious. This has been discussed in more detail amongst the testers as well.