Medical Bed

Started by Tbtemplex, February 02, 2014, 03:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tbtemplex

Its a bed which has a higher rate of health regeneration but a lower rate of rest

Thunder Rahja

What I'd like to see is that incapacitated colonists get placed into these beds when available instead of their owned beds and provide a faster recovery time.

Stormkiko

I think there should be a hospital option like the prison option. Any beds in the room become hospital beds for people who are incapacitated. Incapacitated people can only be healed in hospitals, and medkits are used by doctors in the hospital to speed healing.

Zblugg

Trensicourt

Can we add equipment to medical beds like hoppers to Dispensers?
WHAT IS RIM WORLD? A RAIDER DEATH BALL. LITERALLY.

Tynan

I was thinking we'd use normal beds, but put medical equipment next to them. So your doctor could take a rapid-manufactured medicine (dispensed by a machine similar to the paste dispenser) and give it to your wounded patient. Or you could have one machine for a big hospital. I think it's more interesting when you have elements interacting instead of packing more functionality into one element.

That said, it'll be easy to mod in beds in the next version :D
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

mrofa

Why not both machine and beds, you would need to put med kits into machine and connect machine with beds with some kinda of drug tube( kinda like electricity)
All i do is clutter all around.

Trensicourt

Quote from: mrofa on February 03, 2014, 08:19:51 PM
Why not both machine and beds, you would need to put med kits into machine and connect machine with beds with some kinda of drug tube( kinda like electricity)

That is exactly what Tynan wrote.  8) 8) Please read the posts before.

Tynan

Well, not exactly. I think they'd be normal beds.

Anyway, advanced hospital stuff is some ways into the future.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Trensicourt

Quote from: Tynan on February 03, 2014, 10:06:51 PM
Well, not exactly. I think they'd be normal beds.

Anyway, advanced hospital stuff is some ways into the future.

What about a medical desk besides the bed. You can put equipment of all tech on the desk that connects to the bed. How does that sound?

GC13

We could at least get the hurt residents into normal beds marked as for wounded colonists now, and add the medical gear later. Our medical wards just won't be as advanced until then. :)

Trensicourt

Quote from: GC13 on February 04, 2014, 04:44:17 PM
We could at least get the hurt residents into normal beds marked as for wounded colonists now, and add the medical gear later. Our medical wards just won't be as advanced until then. :)

Maybe we should make wounded colonists stay hurt longer, but in return. colonists get medic kits when they crash land on Rim World. This way sentry guns aren't too useless.

Jadmas

Thanks for sharing! I found a great website if you are looking for more ideas:
www.medicalexpo.com/tab/medical-beds.html

ApexPredator

Quote from: Stormkiko on February 02, 2014, 07:06:34 PM
I think there should be a hospital option like the prison option. Any beds in the room become hospital beds for people who are incapacitated. Incapacitated people can only be healed in hospitals, and medkits are used by doctors in the hospital to speed healing.

This many times over. I like the idea of having a room close to the normal defense area where incaped people can be taken. I have had many colonists die as someone carts them off to their specific bed a mile away.

Rahjital

Just so that everyone knows, medical beds are present in the newly released Alpha, whooo!