Cyborg?

Started by Silvador, April 17, 2016, 07:42:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvador

Has anyone attempted to make one of their colonists entirely bionic? Bionic eyes. Bionic arms. Bionic legs. And anything else that could be replaced with bionics...

I'm curious to know if there is a limit to what can be done, and if not, how effective a "cyborg colonists" is, especially in combat.

mumblemumble

I've done it it debug,  and a cyborg colonist with all limbs,  eyes,  joywire,, painstopper,  ect,  with power armor is A force to be reckoned with.

Course, it isn't god mode, but painstopper / joywire makes them pretty much not have needs,  outside food and sleep.

So extremely fast and efficient workers,  deadly fighters,  and they don't give a shit about getting hurt or sleeping in a blood spattered room eating human flesh. Pretty cool. Just mama sure they don't get infections / critical damage,, and generally they never let you down.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Aarkreinsil

Besides the combat stuff, they also make for good surgeons. Even a mediocre-skilled cyborg dude will probably have a 101%+ chance of success with surgeries and will be able to give good treatments without medicine, since medicine needs sight and manipulation, just like the shooting skill.

Technically you can replace ANY bodypart with bionics, and if there's a hard cap, I haven't found it yet.
It can get pretty dangerous when they go berserk, since bionic arms punch ridiculously hard. I think it was around 10 base damage for a bionic arm punch.

If you wanna go for extreme shooting accuracy, you just have to give them bionic eyes and maybe bionic arms. Makes for really good snipers.

Since I always play with the EPOE mod, I don't actually know if vanilla has bionic internal organs, but technically you could also replace their kidneys with a bionically enhanced variant, thus making it easier for them to develop immunities against diseases, that sort of thing.
Now I think the downside of bionics is, that they're supposed not to heal on their own, so if a bionic arm gets damaged you have to repair it since it won't heal naturally. Afaik that's not implemented yet, but other than that and the "Prostophobe" trait, cybernetic upgrades are always a significant advantage.