0.5x/0.25x speed

Started by Goldenpotatoes, January 18, 2017, 11:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldenpotatoes

Rimworld combat relies pretty decently on prioritizing targets for pawns to shoot at or moving them in/out of positions, but the only way to effectively do this is pausing the game and giving the orders, which to me feels like it breaks up the flow of combat too much.

A 0.5x/0.25x speed option, even if just hotkeys without on-screen buttons, would help by giving a larger reaction time window without having to pause/unpause for giving multiple orders. If not for the tactical value, at least you can appreciate the ability to slow down time to watch something like a clutch mortar shot or just watching your colonists throw lead downrange at a cinematic speed, right?

OFWG

As long as the default doesn't get even slower... 1x is already far, far too slow for my taste. I'd prefer that it just allow any speed during a fight tbh.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

JuicyPVP

I agree- would be very useful in combat. I currently have to pause constantly while under attack.

Losttruppen

I've been thinking of this for some time and I think it would be a great addition, especially now that you can have multiple colonies running at once. Would make it easier to deal with simultaneous events.

b0rsuk

It would be handy for "bullet time" videos as well.

MikeLemmer

Eh, maybe 1/3x speed. I agree that the default 1x speed is already too slow, aside from specific situations in combat.

JuicyPVP

Quote from: MikeLemmer on January 19, 2017, 03:10:09 AM
aside from specific situations in combat.

This is the reason everyone is asking for. lol.

Sola

I'd never use it, but I can see why others would want it.

0.25x sounds excessive, though.
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

JuicyPVP

I just want 1/2 speed. I would also be interested in 4x or 5x speed too tho ;p lol.