[A13] MsCarsonelle's Theme

Started by Mightyrick1, April 17, 2016, 03:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mightyrick1

Hello everyone,

this is my first mod, and it's a rather small one. All it does is introduce a new song to play in the background.
MsCarsonelle is a YouTuber who might be doing a LetsPlay of Rimworld at some point, and she thought that her theme song which was written for her would make a good fit for the Rimworld soundtrack, and I took it upon myself to write this little mod to make that happen.
For those of you who want to preview the song before downloading the mod, you can do so Here

And if you would like to download this mod :
Download the mod

Regarding licenses, and more importantly, the following two questions :

•Can modpack makers include your mod in their modpack?
      Sure you can! Just be sure to link back here and credit me for the mod :)

•Can other modders make derivative mods based on yours?
      You're free to take this mod and butcher the code, it's pretty much an example mod for how to change background music. If you do want to use the music itself, please provide credits to MsCarsonelle, as it is her theme song, composed for her by Matt Greco.

Any feedback is appreciated, and I hope you guys will enjoy this new song in the background :)

edit : forgot to include licensing. Oops!
Amateur modder / YT LPer at www.tiny.cc/DDYoutube
mods : Elysian Flags - Mscarsonelle's theme

MrWashingToad

Very cool! Thanks Mightyrick1, and MsCarsonelle is a great YT'er!
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

Mightyrick1

My pleasure :) Now that I'm in the modding mood I will give custom animals a go, which means Badgers. All the badgers.

MrWashingToad

Please, please, please badgers.. also... I know someone did hedgehogs... but how about a boom-hog? Need small ones and huge ones (wild-boar sized).
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

Oxym0ron

Quote from: MrWashingToad on April 17, 2016, 04:01:16 PM
Please, please, please badgers.. also... I know someone did hedgehogs... but how about a boom-hog? Need small ones and huge ones (wild-boar sized).

Yes, we need arm-ripping badgers.

prongssage

Very nice song, great idea on adding more default music. I ask that if you do make more animals that you do each one as a stand alone which would allow people to pick and choose which animals they want (don't know if it would be more work or not though). I would love badgers or horses or merkatz, but would dislike anything that goes boom.

Mightyrick1

I will probably stick to a standalone format, and maybe in the future I will pack them all up while still offering individual downloads. I can imagine that some people prefer to be a bit more picky about the mods while others would prefer a package :)

prongssage

I shall be looking forward to seeing more work from you then :) (Hopeful you will have the time lol)

Mightyrick1

Ha, not a lot of time left while trying to ensure 2 YouTube videos per day and 2 twitch streams per week, buuut I have been enjoying Rimworld so much that I'm so ready to start making more/better mods. I'll leave a post in here when killer badgers are introduced :P I could include a reference to badgers going insane with a special event or something

SadisticNemesis

ooo this sounds good, I'll have to add it to the mod list. Just a quick question, it won't require a new colony? *I don't expect it would but I thought I'd ask regardless*

Mightyrick1

It's certainly a valid question! Seeing how this mod doesn't actually change anything except music, it SHOULDN't require a restart. I've been able to open old colonies and use the debug menu to play the song, so I assume it will play itself naturally aswell. There are mods which can add different things to world generation and ores etc, which of course DO require a restart.

By the way, the first time when you load a colony which didn't have previous mods installed you will get a message displaying the old chronological mod load order ( Only includes Core if you're playing vanilla ) and the second part is the new chronological mod order ( which should include MsCarsonelleTheme in this case ).

TL;DR : You should be fine with this mod, but always be careful with others :)

Bodog999

Ah, vely nice. Does this song just play as random ambience music or does it also play whenever you get attacked?

Mightyrick1

It only plays outside of combat, and it can trigger both during day- and nighttime. Of course this is all tweakable!

SmartererThanYou

Oh this is so perfect. Is there many mods that add more music? I would love a mod that added a bunch of songs that fit the theme to Rimworld.

Mightyrick1

I believe the hardcore SK pack added a few songs, but it adds way more than just music. I haven't really seen many dedicated music mods on the forum. I'd add more, but I already added the one particular song that I knew would fit in with the vanilla soundtrack, and I have the owner's permission to use it