Odd social impacts

Started by HartfulFlash, April 17, 2016, 03:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HartfulFlash

So one of my colonist's mother came through the area once and I noticed his relation to her was low. As it turns out, her being ugly completly nullified the relation to each other since being his mother is +30 and her being ugly is -30. Then he was "hard worker" and she didn't have a work speed trait, which made his opinion of her -5. I'm surprised her being a cannibal and him not being one didn't affect it even more.

Klitri

It will once she actually eats someone.

PotatoeTater

Quote from: Klitri on April 17, 2016, 03:41:21 PM
It will once she actually eats someone.

Very true. Most people don't care until you actually do something negative.
Life is Strange

Panzer

I cant help but notice that the actual bad actions dont have as much negative impact as the appearance ones. "You killed a colonist, a colony animal and butchered a human corpse, but thats not as bad as you being ugly" ??? Whoever set those values doesnt really think highly of his fellow men, sure, a lot of douchebags around, but come on, the majority of people is ok more or less..

Mathenaut

I like how a pair of my colonists are ex-lovers. Over time, their relations went from negative to overwhelmingly positive because of the attraction and compatibility modifiers.

Not sure if they'll hook back up though.

mumblemumble

Disfigurement is a bit much,  especially for friends.

Im concerned how social chat mood buffs were removed,  yet nobody has noticed.  It all goes to relationships,  no amount of it helps mood.  Kinda a pain
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

RazorHed

I had a somewhat low % chance to recruit prisoner, so I forgot about him.  Later I get the message Colonist needs rescue !!   Turns out he didn't have a leg . So I peg leg him and within a day or two he is lovers with a colonist babe !   They love those peg legs !