coldest seed in A13?

Started by ReZpawner, April 17, 2016, 07:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReZpawner

So, today after almost two full days of trying to find a properly cold seed, I encountered 'NRWG' which has a pleasant -70.5C on average. If anyone has been able to find a colder one, me and the rest of the guys over on the subreddit would love to hear about it :)

Kluge

lol. I have thirty minutes left in my work shift. I will try to help you out. (by this, I mean I will put thirty minutes of effort in)

Best: y3p1 24.00, 78.40 (-67)

Kluge

I have failed you.... but at least now I have something to do tomorrow after I'm done working at work. ;D

ReZpawner

Haha, don't feel bad. It took me two whole days to find that seed. (Yes. I did infact spend my entire weekend clicking away trying to find it). I just had to beat the old record on reddit, which was -69.2C.
While it would sadden me that my record is beaten, the upside is that I would then get an even colder map to play, so I wish you the best in your endeavours, sir!

tonsrd

Try -
"zeebonite" hottest seed  yet bottom right of landmass mostly Arid Shrubland biome

"4fmy" is the coldest seed (-96C in January, -70C average )

unless other have been found  ( taken from a twitch streamer )

Pickle

pa0l has a -94C map in January, I'm playing on it and it's nice because there is plenty of marble (I like the look of it for a base). But, wow, -96C will be hard to beat. What's the name of the streamer ?

ReZpawner

Pickle and Tonsrd: This map has -70.5C on average. Average temperature in January is -96.9C Average temperature in July is -44.2C. Making this map colder than any of the others mentioned so far (by -0.5C, which is a nice margin).
Going to check out that hottest one though, could be a fun thing to try out.

Britnoth

Seed 4fmy has a location with an average of -71.1 C.

Doesn't beat my best map for alpha 12 with an average of -72.4 though. :( RIP old maps.

ReZpawner

Quote from: Britnoth on April 18, 2016, 08:57:47 AM
Seed 4fmy has a location with an average of -71.1 C.

Doesn't beat my best map for alpha 12 with an average of -72.4 though. :( RIP old maps.

I am soundly beaten! Well done!
I can't seem to find the 71.1 area though, just the 70.9, you have the coordinates handy?

Jakub k.

p27n very cool seed.january goes to -95 i think. the place is at the top,use the temperature feature to find the coldest place

ReZpawner

This is the lowest AVERAGE temperature. -70.9C has an average temperature in january of -97.3.
-95 doesn't quite cut it, I'm afraid.

Britnoth

350 x 262 map size, 98.93 E 79.39 N.

I like this seed as it has multiple spots all around -69 to -71 C. Changing map size will give different game map seeds, so you can play 30+ times and not have to repeat playing a map.

It is a pity the starting month was changed into the starting season though. The January landing at -107 C is now a little bit easier. ;)

ReZpawner

Quote from: Britnoth on April 18, 2016, 01:23:03 PM

I like this seed as it has multiple spots all around -69 to -71 C. Changing map size will give different game map seeds, so you can play 30+ times and not have to repeat playing a map.

It is a pity the starting month was changed into the starting season though. The January landing at -107 C is now a little bit easier. ;)

Awesome! I never thought about changing the map size to that size before. Thanks!

Jakub k.

heres the screenshot of the map i found

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Vaporisor

Quote from: Britnoth on April 18, 2016, 01:23:03 PM

You can fix that.  Advanced settings on landing selections.  Yeah, still winter but starts a cold winter!

I need to check the avg temp in my coldest.  Saw -90s on start...
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes