Social refinements

Started by mumblemumble, April 17, 2016, 11:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumblemumble

So social features are awesome,  as with most of alpha 13...this said,  here's many things i think that could help

Re-add social talk bonus / penalties.

They were removed,  I'm guessing,  because social slot takes it now.  Its fine to have it be social,  but i think chats and deep talks could subtly effect mood. I think having chats and deep talks should bolster mood just slightly,  as removing them seemed to make managing mood all the more harder.  Granted this should apply to insults too,  so an insult could be the straw that broke the camels back.

Second,  proximity to friends / enemies. We have friends / enemies,  yet besides marriage, and fights...  They... Really don't mean that much,  gameplay wise. Neat as hell,  don't get me wrong,  but social fights are really the only reason to pay attention to socializing objectively speaking :outsde that,  and breakups, its no issue. I think again,  a small mood bonus should be around for being around friends,  family,  and especially lovers.  I know just having them around puts me at ease,  being around good friends,  pepeop i consider family,  and a good girlfriend,  even if nothing else is great can really shape a mood. So maybe within the beauty scan range,  if pawns see a friend,  they get a mood boost during. Likewise for enemies,  seeing enemies,  exes,  might tense people up. I know if i thoroughly dislike someone,  my mood worsens just seeing them  i get bitter,  angry, and more pent up.

I think if these were added,  socializing wouldn't just be an odd social fight,  or relationship, but could be even more interesting to manage for good effects,  partnering friends in combat,  assigning areas so bitter exes don't piss each other off,  or just let it be,  and see what happens.

Also,  if its not already done,  i think social stat should raise the rate of deep talk / insults,  making them work as consolers of sorts,  talking to tense people to calm them.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.