Mod request disable Mechanoid in ruins

Started by Nebbeh, April 19, 2016, 12:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbeh

Any chance someone could make a mod that disables the mechanoids that spawns in ruins inside mountains? I've had so many colonies wiped at the beginning now because I open a ruin with 3-5 mechanoids...

dragoduval

I think that if you edit the mapgeneration def you could do it easily (i think), but yea its possible.

If you want (And if no one better propose himself), i could try to do this tonight. Funny but i would like that too if they where gone, or weaker.
Im making my own mod !!!! Also im pretty sure that i started World Wars 3.....

Also if i spawn too many subject then dont mind me, i'm just bored at school :D. Damn 3 hours long video's....

Gabe C

Whenever I see a large ruin I build a bunch of turrets powered by a separate system and get a single colonist to deconstruct the wall. The turrets should be spaced around 4 apart and about 4 of them should work. This is how I do it but there is a chance that someone could make a mod like the one you wanted.
If you think about it, than it will be possible within one of many infinite universes.

hector212121

dragoduval

Two words : no refund.

Also never got lucky enough to get any. So a mod would be better.

Also turrets are quite time consuming, so i second the post maker on the need for a mod.

Also if i spawn too many subject then dont mind me, i'm just bored at school :D. Damn 3 hours long video's....

Nebbeh

Quote from: dragoduval on April 19, 2016, 12:26:35 PM
I think that if you edit the mapgeneration def you could do it easily (i think), but yea its possible.

If you want (And if no one better propose himself), i could try to do this tonight. Funny but i would like that too if they where gone, or weaker.

I'm going to need to look into this.

Quote from: ConnivingCougar on April 19, 2016, 12:27:53 PM
Whenever I see a large ruin I build a bunch of turrets powered by a separate system and get a single colonist to deconstruct the wall. The turrets should be spaced around 4 apart and about 4 of them should work. This is how I do it but there is a chance that someone could make a mod like the one you wanted.

This is kinda hard to do when you dont know if its a ruin or just a random wall when digging inside a mountain.

Quote from: hector212121 on April 19, 2016, 12:33:26 PM
Two words: EMP grenades.

Well EMP would be fine and dandy, if I just had any, I'm not talking about 4-5 hours into the game, I'm talking about fresh colony that has barely started.

Nebbeh

Ok, so I had a look but I couldnt figure it out. If you could have a look at it when you get the time that would be great!. I dont really care if you remove ruins all together or just the mecs. As long as the mechs are gone in the ruins I'm happy :)

Britnoth

QuoteThis is kinda hard to do when you dont know if its a ruin or just a random wall when digging inside a mountain.

You always get the 'ancient danger' warning though. No reason to ever open one by accident.

Nebbeh

Well have happened several times the pawn runs up and deconstructs a piece of wall before the warning appears or before I have time to react when the warning appears.

hector212121

Quote from: Nebbeh on April 19, 2016, 02:08:08 PM

I'm going to need to look into this.

Quote from: ConnivingCougar on April 19, 2016, 12:27:53 PM

This is kinda hard to do when you dont know if its a ruin or just a random wall when digging inside a mountain.

Quote from: hector212121 on April 19, 2016, 12:33:26 PM
Two words: EMP grenades.

Well EMP would be fine and dandy, if I just had any, I'm not talking about 4-5 hours into the game, I'm talking about fresh colony that has barely started.

That isn't a time to DO anything with ruins. The most you should do is order someone nearby.

dragoduval

Yea i looked into it and i found scrap too, so better ask a better modder. But i'm still sure that it's about the generation of the map.

You could also simply delete them from your save file, should work.

skullywag

Genstep_ScatterShrines is a class that iterates over the different types of shrine and sets them up randomly, its easy enough to remove a certain type but would be a c# mod not a pure xml one.

If you want to remove the mech shrines and all others, you remove the lines below from MapGenerators.xml:

<!-- Ancient casket shrines -->
      <li Class="Genstep_ScatterShrines">
        <countPer10kCellsRange><min>0.12</min><max>0.25</max></countPer10kCellsRange>
      </li>

Do this by making a new folder in "mods" and call it whatever you want, put a new folder in that called "Defs" and one inside that called "MapGeneratorDefs" (so you should have the structure "Mods\MyNewMod\Defs\MapGeneratorDefs") and copy into there the MapGenerators.xml file from core. Now edit the file removing the lines above. Enable your mod ingame. Done.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

A Friend

Well, you could just use the dev tool to destroy the mechs when you find them.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Nebbeh

Quote from: skullywag on April 20, 2016, 08:10:28 AM
Genstep_ScatterShrines is a class that iterates over the different types of shrine and sets them up randomly, its easy enough to remove a certain type but would be a c# mod not a pure xml one.

If you want to remove the mech shrines and all others, you remove the lines below from MapGenerators.xml:

<!-- Ancient casket shrines -->
      <li Class="Genstep_ScatterShrines">
        <countPer10kCellsRange><min>0.12</min><max>0.25</max></countPer10kCellsRange>
      </li>

Do this by making a new folder in "mods" and call it whatever you want, put a new folder in that called "Defs" and one inside that called "MapGeneratorDefs" (so you should have the structure "Mods\MyNewMod\Defs\MapGeneratorDefs") and copy into there the MapGenerators.xml file from core. Now edit the file removing the lines above. Enable your mod ingame. Done.

Awsome, thanks Skullywag! This worked absolutely perfect! :D

Nebbeh

And if anyone that was here needs it.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19259.0

Modified it a bit to remove Shrines, Ruins and random rock chunks on spawn.

Again big thanks to Skullywag.