Prison break

Started by NemesisN, April 19, 2016, 05:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NemesisN

I got 1 guy in prison and Prison Break starts....and he just walks out....6 doors all open for him and he walks right out....should he try to brake the doors down not easily walk out like that

They are not even electric doors they are manual doors they should not open magically for him like that

Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

erdrik

IIRC, the description for the prison break was that they somehow got the keys.

JonoRig

The first once says he has picked the lock or something.

After that, whilst i agree with you, and mentioned in suggestions we should have a prison tab, with special lock down doors and stuff, the implication is that really he was just under "house" arrest, rather than prison, so, really, why wouldnt he be able to just walk out if your colonists dont lock doors (which they dont, thats a mod i miss, and hope will be updated)

I think the prison needs to be fleshed out, not anything that "takes over" the game, but certainly a little more "control" over it all.

RickyMartini

I think the point of the prison break is that he manages to hack your system (or fabricate a key) meaning that he can access all the doors as he wants.

And even if it doesn't make sense, from a gameplay standpoint, he has to be able to do this. Otherwise, if he just waits for a fight, his chances of getting out are pretty much 0%. And it's a prison break, not a prison riot.

NemesisN

yes because when they raid they don't have any knowledge how to open a door knob and try to brake down your doors but when they go to prison they suddenly realize the mastery behind the door knob....he was not even long in prison to learn much maybe 2 RimWorld days

I mean this makes prison way to easy to escape and pointless

breaking down doors is not that hard to do especially with groups....it gives me time to arm my people and set a tactical defense

But this way I will have to make a kill box for prison

I hope its some sort of "stole keys" system and that it does not happen that often....but if this is how prison brakes are suppose to happen then it needs a patch....its way too easy for them to escape from a prison (place that should be hard to escape from)
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

NemesisN

Quote from: JonoRig on April 19, 2016, 05:23:20 PM
The first once says he has picked the lock or something.

he magically picked 6 doors in front of him from distance without touching them first....yup I captured Houdini

stefanstr

I haven't had a single prison break yet. :( My prisoners patiently wait in their cells until I recruit them.

Also: even if the way it works doesn't make sense, how else would you implement it? As others have said, without this measure, it wouldn't be much different from a prisoner going berserk which we already had.

NemesisN

Quote from: stefanstr on April 19, 2016, 05:46:46 PM
I haven't had a single prison break yet. :( My prisoners patiently wait in their cells until I recruit them.

Also: even if the way it works doesn't make sense, how else would you implement it? As others have said, without this measure, it wouldn't be much different from a prisoner going berserk which we already had.

brake down doors...not that difficult...wait for colonist to come knock him out take his keys....lock pick when no one is watching (something like fog war can't see what he is doing)...idk anything then just walk right out with no effort at all...its a prison

RickyMartini

Considering prison breaks are not so common, the current difficulty is absolutely okay.

A prison break is supposed to be a race to freedom. It's not an event that should make you prepare for anything. And also, it makes for funny stories if 1 or 2 prisoners manage to escape a big colony.

Every second counts. if they would have to break down only one door this could already mean that a bigger colony could gather 30 colonists to wait for them. It makes no sense, and would open up ways to build prisons so that escaping is impossible.

mumblemumble

I think that perhaps they pickpocketed a prison guards key or something. But yes,  them being a little less swift would be nice,  really theres no good way to react,  and short of turrets,  base design doesn't help.

I also think they run a bit too fast.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Shurp

Something that could slow them down a little is if in addition to the "hold open" setting doors had a "locked" setting.  "Locked" doors would be slower to pass through for everyone who has the keys, which would give you an incentive to leave interior doors unlocked normally.  But if you were paranoid about keeping your prisoners locked up you could at least slow them down by having a lot of locked doors for them to go through -- and it would also slow your colonists down whenever they wanted to warden them, giving you an incentive not to put 20 locked doors between you and your prisoners.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

mumblemumble

Locked doors would coincidentally also help the whole visitors situation, and make raids deeper i think,  if raiders could just go through unlocked doors.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Nictis

What do you mean they found the keys? Well when you lock them up ask them about it, I've been missing them for two alphas now...

I miss my locked doors, helped keep the visitors out of my food and my breaking colonists a barrier.