Show me your hospital designs!

Started by Silvador, April 20, 2016, 02:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0rsuk

It's a shame cryosleep caskets are harder to get than hospital beds, because otherwise they would have a purpose. With a single doctor you could haul the badly wounded to caskets, to minimize the chance of bleeding to death. But bleeding to death is so slow unless you're hit by a triple rocket launcher...

dragoduval

I make a 3x9 room, whit 5 2x1 hospital bed (or simple bed) and between each of them (4 in total) i add that machine that help healing.

It give me 5 bed and a small corridor-like space for lamps and moving around. Plus i also add a door to a small reserve full of medicine, to shorten healing time.

Would be better if i had ground light, but still :D
Im making my own mod !!!! Also im pretty sure that i started World Wars 3.....

Also if i spawn too many subject then dont mind me, i'm just bored at school :D. Damn 3 hours long video's....

falconbunker

Quote from: christhekiller on April 20, 2016, 04:13:57 AM
I'll usually build a hospital wing with separate rooms for each bed and one room for medicine storage

That

Listy

Quote from: Shabazza on April 20, 2016, 12:18:37 PM
Question: Does ill peoples mood actually benefit from a tv in the room? Can they use it in their beds?

Yes, Yes it does. It was added in the current build. Previously your only hope was beer and Art.

Negocromn

Quote from: b0rsuk on April 20, 2016, 01:12:21 PM
It's a shame cryosleep caskets are harder to get than hospital beds, because otherwise they would have a purpose. With a single doctor you could haul the badly wounded to caskets, to minimize the chance of bleeding to death. But bleeding to death is so slow unless you're hit by a triple rocket launcher...

they are useful in some situations, I had a raid where one of my two doctors was killed, the other was very sick with malaria and the only colonist besides my doctors with more than 4 medicine was incapped in the fight, they were pretty handy then

but yeah, their main function for me is to freeze colonists going mad when things start to go out of control

Mathenaut

Question: Does ill peoples mood actually benefit from a tv in the room? Can they use it in their beds?

It's more than just a mood boost. If the bed is facing the TV (like in my setup), then the colonists use the TV while they are in bed. They'll max out on joy, which has indirect benefits for recovery.

ChimpX

Quote from: Listy on April 20, 2016, 01:26:57 PM

Yes, Yes it does. It was added in the current build. Previously your only hope was beer and Art.

Beer and Art is still my only hope.

...wait, are you guys still talking about the game?

falconbunker

Quote from: b0rsuk on April 20, 2016, 01:12:21 PM

With Combat Realism updating soon enough to A13, you can start worrying about your people bleeding out in less than a minute if they have taken enough damage

Silvador

Quote from: ChimpX on April 20, 2016, 02:56:03 PMBeer and Art is still my only hope.

...wait, are you guys still talking about the game?

lol!

Quote from: falconbunker on April 20, 2016, 06:41:27 PM
With Combat Realism updating soon enough to A13, you can start worrying about your people bleeding out in less than a minute if they have taken enough damage

I hope not! That'll cause serious problems for people rescuing pawns that have fallen (or crashed) far away from settlements on the larger maps.

Also, do herbals really need freezing, now? I've noticed that my herbals say they'll expire in 2 years, even when just lying about on the ground in 20c weather.

cultist

Quote from: Silvador on April 20, 2016, 11:50:28 PM
Also, do herbals really need freezing, now? I've noticed that my herbals say they'll expire in 2 years, even when just lying about on the ground in 20c weather.
They will get deteriorate outside long before they spoil. Inside, you don't really need to freeze them. They last a very long time.

Shabazza

Quote from: Nictis on April 20, 2016, 01:07:52 PM
This is my usual dsign, with the medicine directly next to the hospital in a cooled state (for herbals) and the organ storage nearby.
Ignore the weapons stash. I needed the room before I had the first spare organs/limbs to store.  ;D
[picture]
That'll show 'em, stupid prisoners thinking they can just open the armory door...

I actually had to think about why the turret wasn't in the hallway instead, realized how ugly they are for colonists.
Yeah, that was actually the idea behind that thing.
I have a turret in the main corridor of my prison too, as well as some traps at the entrance, plus the prison is outside of the main complex.
I'm pretty paranoid about that new prison break system...  ::)

Nictis

Quote from: Shabazza on April 21, 2016, 11:33:34 AM
Yeah, that was actually the idea behind that thing.
I have a turret in the main corridor of my prison too, as well as some traps at the entrance, plus the prison is outside of the main complex.
I'm pretty paranoid about that new prison break system...  ::)
I wonder how they prioritize their escape, I'm thinking if they go straight for the weapons I could set up a small armory for the deteriorating weapons behind the prison with a few deadfall traps (Or incendiary mine if I want them alive...) or just having a melee stash be on their way out so they don't pick up a sniper rifle...

Sadly the prison break doesn't happen often enough for me to try and figure it out.

viperwasp

Here is a screenshot of my Hospital and Prison/Hospital Setup.  I should note I use a couple small mods. The only mod I think you may see here is the modular table mod which you can see in some bedrooms and in the prison. It's not used in my regular hospital rooms.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

hwfanatic

Whichever the design you choose, keep the tiles left and right of the bed clear of obstacles.

viperwasp

Why is it important to keep tiles left and right clear. I have never had problems.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4