1st Permadeath game.. Damn you Machette the huskie

Started by Agent00Soul, April 20, 2016, 12:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent00Soul

Cassandra Challenge.. some basic combat mods but nothing too heavy.

Got it going nice n good to a good 5 man team.. Unfortunately they were all related and two were married..

When the husband went down the wife copped a -30+ modifier for losing a friend and husband.. they stack. Needless to say she didnt make it.

Her father then went nuts because he had now lost his daughter and two friends. He went into a soft daze and wandered off south to be set upon by a cougar.

LeBlanc set out to avenge the family and bury them all in the hopes of starting again solo.

Unfortunately Machette the huskie was bonded to the father and went rogue declaring himself manhunter.

RIP.

Edit; point isnt the story. point is theres something stacking that maybe shouldn't :)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

cultist

Great read, but it really belongs in the stories section of the forum.

PotatoeTater

I would like to make a note that when a colonist dies, you can negate the penalty by burying them in a sarcophagus. They get a huge mood bonus for laying them to rest in an ornate place.
Life is Strange

Agent00Soul

Quote from: PotatoeTater on April 20, 2016, 01:44:48 PM
I would like to make a note that when a colonist dies, you can negate the penalty by burying them in a sarcophagus. They get a huge mood bonus for laying them to rest in an ornate place.

Did that, but thats +10..

For a married son/daughter you get about -45.. for 2 seasons..

The double stack seems to be wrong. It's almost impossible to offset that debuff..

-29 seems hard but fair.. -45 would probably have killed the colony no matter its size as I killed off each "friend" to try to end the chain of misery. Extra -15ish per friend on top of any family relation.

Surely someone else has run into this.

A Friend

Quote from: PotatoeTater on April 20, 2016, 01:44:48 PM

Huh, does that only happen for sarcophagi or does it also happen for graves?
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Vaporisor

Not impossible to set off, just difficult.  In a case like that, I might throw them in the prison to cool down for a couple seasons.  This was a case of "Fun" though if I ever saw one!
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes