Suggestions for recruited colonists

Started by Jman117, February 03, 2014, 01:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jman117

I'm brand new to the game, and I've been loving it so far. I just had a quick suggestion for dealing with raider attacks.

Right now, you need to select every colonist and recruit them. Even if you don't plan on using them to attack raiders, you still have to recruit them so they stay somewhere safe. I'm suggesting a "military orders" system. Basically, you've got some colony-wide orders you can give by clicking on a button in the menu. There would be a "Prepare Defense" button that would order all your colonists to arm themselves if they're not already armed. And then there would be a "Recruit/Release All" button that would recruit every colonist automatically. It's not a big deal, but it feels like a waste of time to pause and manually recruit each colonist.

Thoughts?

mrofa

There could be a Safe zone like with store and dump if the alert is activated all not drafted colonits will work/stay only in that zone, if the alrert is sound.
All i do is clutter all around.

Zblugg

Hell, I should've read your post, I just suggested pretty much the same thing (alert system) in the Colonist interaction thread.

Needless to say, I support this!

*ringing support alert*

Coenmcj

This is more of a convenience thing if you're rather far into a randy random game but still welcome. I'm personally un-phased by ordering all my soldiers about, it is based on a tactical game after all however I do wish that the colonists would stay in the damn base while I'm fighting, all my mules keep getting shot.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite