Make "Custom" pawns less common

Started by Coenmcj, February 03, 2014, 05:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coenmcj

In the most recent update I seem to be receiving ALOT of bad magicians among other things, like Jenson the governor (Who is actually pretty good, kudos to the person that had him made) and all those test subjects, It takes me about 40 to 50 rerolls before I end up with a "normal" colonist (eg. Scientist, Miner, Settler, Entrepeneur)

I was wondering if this is just appallingly bad luck or if this was an unintentional glitch as I thought they were supposed to be significantly rarer than they are.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Tynan

I'll probably bias them down a bit and check this over. I'm also hoping that it'll repeat less as the content pool deepens. There's actually more player-entered content and Ludeon content as of now, though. Though the Ludeon stuff reshuffles so it can make more combinations.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Coenmcj

Fair enough, it's just when trying to settle for a somewhat decent team it's rather annoying to be shuffling through all these people who have negative attributes.

I think it also goes into random character generation when you're getting groups of raiders, I had 3 Tynan's running around blowing apart my buildings with frag grenades and assault rifles, the whole bad magician thing really isn't a joke is it... My walls didn't come back after they made them "Disappear"

Galileus

Reappearing walls are a p2p feature, you must be on freemium version of the show.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Coenmcj on February 04, 2014, 03:15:47 AM
Fair enough, it's just when trying to settle for a somewhat decent team it's rather annoying to be shuffling through all these people who have negative attributes.

I think it also goes into random character generation when you're getting groups of raiders, I had 3 Tynan's running around blowing apart my buildings with frag grenades and assault rifles, the whole bad magician thing really isn't a joke is it... My walls didn't come back after they made them "Disappear"

They need to be reduced significantly, but not because they have bad attributes (I am fine with bad attributes)
they are not professional colonists.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Nasikabatrachus

Personally, I'd appreciate the ability to leave out the custom personalities altogether. For whatever reason, I just feel less investment in characters whom I know were specifically created by someone. Call it the aesthetics of the procedural, I guess.

Edit: For instance, I remember the "Wedge" character because he has the same name as a character from Star Wars and because he has decent stats. On the other hand, I remember Guerrero, a space marine who lived in a Randy Random colony from build 254, because of how she joined the colony (she was captured) and because of the role she played in the colony (she slept in the "gatehouse" and was a first-responder to raids and mad muffalo, etc.).

Coenmcj

I Don't mind that they have bad skills, infact I mainly go for settlers so I can start with the bare minimum but still having the chance for those skills to be used.

And I feel much the same way as Nasika, I still remember Erell the insane teenage Miner, who had a past of violence and ended her life in a spree of murder.