[A17] Rimstation13 (v0.94) Bringing SS13 to Rimworld

Started by Bendigeidfran, April 20, 2016, 03:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bendigeidfran

Rimstation 13

Rimstation 13 is a mod intended to replicate as best as possible the functionality and atmosphere of Spacestation 13 in Rimworld.

Due to the time between releases of the mod I have created a new thread, find the up-to-date version here:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=36827.0

What is Spacestation 13?

Spacestation 13 is a game in which the player takes the role of a crewman on a futuristic Plasma Research Station run by a corporation known as NanoTrasen. There are usually between 20 and 60 crewmembers onboard and each is controlled by a player with their own jobs to fulfill and responsibilities to the station, these vary from Security Officers to maintain order and Atmospherics Engineers to keep the fully simulated atmosphere inside the station from leaking out into space or catching fire and killing everyone. There are also Botanists to grow food and Chefs to cook it, Engineers to build and repair, Scientists to Science and Doctors to heal the myriad viruses and wounds that can be sustained as part of the complex health, body and chemistry systems. Throw in the fact that an unhealthy number of the crew are either incompetent or have been given various kinds of malicious tasks to complete and I'm sure you can all see the potential for catastrophic meltdown which can be easily equated to Rimworld's own sick brand of awesome.

Mod Content:
Floors: Around 40 including a Space floor.

Structural: Normal and Reinforced Walls as well as a functional Reinforced Window and 16 doors.

Furniture: Stool, Steel Chair, Comfy Armchair, modular Steel and Wooden Tables(Thanks Itchyflea), 17 Beds, 24 Lockers, 10 Crates, assorted
Vendors and Slot/Arcade machines, Welding Tank, Water Tank, Circuit Imprinter, Heavy Lathe.

Lighting: Tube and Bulb lights, rotatable to fit against walls.

Power: SMES Unit, Red Power Cable, Portable Generator and Power Sink, Singularity Generator.

Medical: Sleeper Pod, Crematorium, Morgue and Surgical Table.

Machinery/Consoles: Communications Console, Hydroponics Tray, Grinder, Autolathe, Microwave, Meat Spikes.

Food/Plants: 6 Station Snacks + growable Ambrosia Vulgaris and wheat, wheat refineable into Flour which can be made into bread and sliced bread.

Atmos/Temperature: Big and Small Scrubbers and Siphons, Space Heater, floor Vents/Scrubbers.

Sounds: Melee hit and miss sounds, Laser gun firing sounds, sounds for hitting buildings etc.

Thoughts/Moodlets: Stoned mood effect for Ambrosia Vulgaris.

Weaponry: Toolbox, Shard Spear, Red + Blue Laser sword, Fire Axe, Laser Pistol, Laser Rifle, Captain's Laser Pistol, Mateba, C20R SMG, Double Barrel Shotgun, Pump Shotgun, Combat Shotgun, Automated Laser Turret and Bear Trap.

Animals: Space Carp, Lisa and Ian the Corgis.

Clothing: Most common clothing has been added.

Bodies: Vanilla body types have been overwritten with SS13 bodies to allow for SS13 clothing.

Storage: Vast range of crates and lockers.

Other Misc stuff I forgot.

If you have any thoughts, questions, requests or opinions please by all means leave a reply on this thread and I'll answer asap.

Currently Finished for Next Update:
Expansion of chemistry system, more parts for shuttle(ship).

Changelog:
0.1: Added Floors
0.11: Fixed Issue with Floors being too dark
0.2: Added Normal and Reinforced Station Walls
0.3: Added Reinforced Windows
0.4: Added Wooden Tables, Metal Stools and Metal Chairs
0.5: Added Sound Effects and Lights
0.55: Added SMES, Item Descriptions/balancing, cleaned up some sprites.
0.6: Added Crematorium, Morgue, Clown Suit, Comfy Chair and Wooden Floor.
0.65: Added Sleeper Pod, Comms Console, Surgical Table and Space Heater.
0.7: Fixed bug with Surgical Table, Sounds should now work too. Also added Toolbox as a Melee Weapon and a Space floor tile for bonus effect.
0.75: Fixed Issue with Clown Suit on Hulk bodies, added Hydroponics Tables, small and big air Siphons(They function as coolers without vents) and growable Ambrosia Vulgaris along with a custom "stoned" modifier to go with it.
0.8: Added 17 Beds, 16 Doors, 6 Foods, working red cables, and integrated Itchyflea's Modular Tables mod to replace old tables with new dynamic tables(Existing old tables will be converted to stools and should be deleted.).
0.9: Added Vendors, Slot Machine, Arcade Machine, Portable Generator, Power Sink, Automated Turret, Bear Trap, Scrubber, Big Scrubber, Floor Vent + Scrubber, Shard Spear, Red + Blue Laser Sword, Fire Axe, Laser Pistol, Laser Rifle, Captain's Laser Pistol, Mateba, C20R SMG, Double Barrel Shotgun, Pump Shotgun, Combat Shotgun, some other stuff I may have forgotten, misc fixes and balance tweaks.
0.92: Added Space Carp, Corgis, Meat Spike, Microwave, Autolathe, Wheat, Bread, Sliced Bread, Grinder, Tweaked Wall and Door flammability and health.
0.93: Minor Update: Added categories to lower the number of objects in existing categories, fixed various bugs (wheat now grows in hydroponics for example) and also fixed compatibility issue with the Vegetable Gardens mod caused by both mods using the same def name for wheat, also something else I forgot.
0.94: The beginnings of a chemistry system, basic version of singularity generator (very simple, expect large revisions later on), SS13 bodies, hair and clothing have been added to replace vanilla. Object sizes have been standardised. Beginnings of a circuitry system.

Download
Google Drive (I don't have Dropbox): https://goo.gl/nLTK56

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Known Issues:
Slight desync between bodies, hair and clothing, there are so many variations that it would take forever to test, if you notice a severe desync please let me know which item of clothing and which body type are conflicting.

Numerous minor issues with crafting, some things may not be achievable yet with the current set of tools available. Please be patient and I will address these over time.

License:

As I don't own the Art/Sound effects contained within (They're all freely available as part of the open source SS13 server package) I obviously can't stop anyone from using them so go nuts. I doubt it'd fit within a modpack but if this would work for yours please feel free, just let me know about it as I'd love to know where it was being used.

igz33

I got the reinforcement bench from another mods, I cannot figure a way to use it, there no bills bar task when I click on it or else. How does it work?

Bendigeidfran

Reinforcement bench? I'm not sure what you mean my friend. You may be thinking of a different mod.

Artyom15

Don't know if this screenshot will work, but shortly after building an SMES unit I get a garbled description and then... http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/499147520046940769/2460E6EBBCEE002634297025E2B4C145B22DBB97/

Bendigeidfran

Oh wow, I've not had that myself. I'll have a look at that, thanks.

Artyom15

Realized I should probably SHOW you said garbled description as well. Here is is shortly before I connected it up to power to recreate the colour bug - which worked perfectly, so the first screenshot happens when I hook an SMES up to power.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/499147520046990421/477FFF376828E5573EBDBF5649BC538E939CCD3B/

Jaxxa

Quote from: igz33 on April 20, 2016, 05:20:34 PM
I got the reinforcement bench from another mods, I cannot figure a way to use it, there no bills bar task when I click on it or else. How does it work?

I have something like to that in one of my mods. If it is my mod you are having trouble with ask in that thread.

darkrage000

bit confused.... you listed this in the A13 mod list but it says it doesnt work on A13 in the OP...

Bendigeidfran

Yes, my bad. Thanks for reminding me, I'll remove my post and re-post it later. Essentially I tested it and it worked but apparently I didn't test it well enough as it's still not A13 compatible.

James009

Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

Bendigeidfran

Thanks very much, I hope to have it updated soon.

Mathenaut

Bendigeidfran

Well by all means find out for yourself, let me know what you think and what I should add. Updated to A13. (Properly this time).

Pewpew

We need Officer Beepsky in some form, maybe redo Tribals to greyshirts with toolboxes.

mo0504

Quote from: Bendigeidfran on April 22, 2016, 12:57:39 AM
Well by all means find out for yourself, let me know what you think and what I should add. Updated to A13. (Properly this time).

I want the auto doors from SS13 :) Just for the walls you've made.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]