[A17] Rimstation13 (v0.94) Bringing SS13 to Rimworld

Started by Bendigeidfran, April 20, 2016, 03:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bendigeidfran

Great ideas guys. As for the doors, I looked into adding those first and they would look awful due to the way doors are coded in Rimworld, they're coded to be one sprite split exactly down the middle and just pushed apart when opened.
Also just to let everyone know, I'm about to put up an update that adds a bunch of extra stuff.

Bendigeidfran

Updated to 0.7 adding Space tiles, fixing a couple of issues with the sounds not working and the Surgical Table being the wrong way around (lol) and most importantly added the Toolbox as a mighty melee weapon of maximum robustion.

Bendigeidfran

Updated to 0.75, fixing an issue with the Clown Suit on "Hulk" body shape(I left out the H in Hulk, my bad), I also added 1x1 Hydroponics Tables, Small and Large Air Siphons which function as Coolers but without the heat producing end, and also growable Ambrosia Vulgaris or "Space Weed" with the appropriate custom "stoned" modifier. I would very much appreciate feedback, particularly on any bugs or balance issues as well as any ideas for future additions. Have fun!

Bendigeidfran

Updated to 0.8 adding a tonne of doors, beds, foods and cables as well as integrating Itchyflea's Modular Tables mod.

Bendigeidfran

Updated to 0.9 adding Vendors, Slot Machine, Arcade Machine, Portable Generator, Power Sink, Automated Turret, Bear Trap, Scrubber, Big Scrubber, Floor Vent + Scrubber, Shard Spear, Red + Blue Laser Sword, Fire Axe, Laser Pistol, Laser Rifle, Captain's Laser Pistol, Mateba, C20R SMG, Double Barrel Shotgun, Pump Shotgun, Combat Shotgun, some other stuff I may have forgotten, misc fixes and balance tweaks. Clown Shootouts with lightsaber wielding Tribesmen is now possible, have fun!

rockybukkake

Excellent work, SS13 is a gem in the rough, absolutely appreciate you updating this project continually and it's really satisfying to finally have SS13 in Rimworld. I'd like to request maybe adding some of the mining monsters or other fun creatures heh.

rockybukkake

Also curious if it's possible to make the beds a tad bit larger?

I'd kill to have someone who could redesign some SS13 uniforms and outfits for Rimworld.

rockybukkake

More ideas:

•Critters both harmful and passive: Space Carp, monkeys, mice, Ian the dog, etc.
•Robots: Cleanbot, Medibot, Mr.Beepsy or even cyborgs etc.
•This one would probably require a lot of scripting but hell: Blob.

Bendigeidfran

Brilliant suggestions, thanks for the kind words. I will look into adding some of the creatures, I don't imagine it'll be too tough. As for the redesigned outfits, I could do it myself but I've largely been trying to maintain the same aesthetic. If you'd like redesigned stuff then that's fine by me. I could make beds longer also, I'll do that for next version. As for critters, Space Carp etc, I was already in the process of adding those so it's good y'all like the idea. Bots I have no idea how to add. Mr Beepsky could have the same AI as a Dog which would be easy but Cleanbots and Medibots would require a bit more work. I'll have to look into it. I could add Blob as a form of plant like grass which spreads across the station but not sure if I could make it hurt. Could add Blob monsters as an additional entity?  Let me know what you guys think of these ideas and I'll have an update out in a few days depending on how difficult this stuff turns out to be.

Bendigeidfran

Added an example of the sort of map you can make, this one is Boxstation from the /tg/ branch. If you want the save file let me know. I intend to furnish it.

rockybukkake

No problem heh, and hell yeah I'll take a copy my dude.

caekdaemon

This is probably going to be a pretty strange request, but is there a chance we could get the different loaves of bread as items for this mod? It's pretty strange being a space colony without bread, and SS13 has a few different recipes for bread and some pretty neat sprites, so we might as well make use of them :D I guess you could probably set up the wheat production chain from the game here, going from wheat > flour > bread, a cheap and easily producible food item, but one that doesn't have much of an effect on morale or cash value. A step up from nutrient paste, but below simple meals.

And it's nice to see this mod here! :) I first played SS13 back in...2004 or so, long before the game went open source, back when Exadv still played and when the game looked a hell of a lot different than it does now, so seeing this here is like going for a walk down memory lane. Ah, the nostalgia! :D

Bendigeidfran

That sounds easy enough to do, you're right, we might as well make use of them. I've actually put the sprite for flour in the mod already it's just not used yet. I'll add a few recipes in with the next release. I haven't played SS13 quite so long but I've played it for a good few years, maybe 2009, 2010? It's hard to remember at this point. It's come a long way, I hope someone comes along and makes a proper successor at some point. Until then I hope to make this mod into an overhaul eventually, replacing the Core jobs and such, with the aim to make it a sort of singleplayer SS13. If you've any other requests just let me know, it'd be nice to have the opinion of someone who's played the game for so long.

rockybukkake

Quote from: Bendigeidfran on April 30, 2016, 10:13:32 PM
Added an example of the sort of map you can make, this one is Boxstation from the /tg/ branch. If you want the save file let me know. I intend to furnish it.

I'll take a copy

TheNewTeddy

sig