[A17] Rimstation13 (v0.94) Bringing SS13 to Rimworld

Started by Bendigeidfran, April 20, 2016, 03:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bendigeidfran

NemesisN

there is not much difference between doors except texture....all 250 hit points and 100% flammability....there should be a difference between security door and glass door....also walls are 100% flammable like they are made out of wood....I find it better to use default walls then this mod walls

could you upload this map you showed on your screenshot....it looks amazing
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Bendigeidfran

You are right, the stats do need to be changed around but I've been focused on adding in the new stuff instead. I'll see about changing the stats for the next version. I'll upload the map as soon as I'm done furnishing it.

NemesisN

Quote from: Bendigeidfran on May 19, 2016, 02:22:38 AM
You are right, the stats do need to be changed around but I've been focused on adding in the new stuff instead. I'll see about changing the stats for the next version. I'll upload the map as soon as I'm done furnishing it.

maybe its better if you upload it without furnishing so we can do it by ourself
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Bendigeidfran

0.92: Added Space Carp, Corgis, Meat Spike, Microwave, Autolathe, Wheat, Bread, Sliced Bread, Grinder, Tweaked Wall and Door flammability and health, other stuff I forgot. If you've any requests, now is the ideal time.

MechanoidHater

Quote from: Bendigeidfran on May 20, 2016, 06:11:40 PM
0.92: Added Space Carp, Corgis, Meat Spike, Microwave, Autolathe, Wheat, Bread, Sliced Bread, Grinder, Tweaked Wall and Door flammability and health, other stuff I forgot. If you've any requests, now is the ideal time.

Well then I have a request. There is so much beds in Furniture tab they obscure the entire screen.

Bendigeidfran

That's how the Rimworld interface works I'm afraid, you can't add subsections to the Furniture etc Tabs. If you have any ideas as to how to fix this issue do let me know, but I don't want to remove the variations of beds etc as that's kinda the point of the mod, to add SS13 themed variants. I do see your point though, folks with smaller monitors would have issues with i I just don't know how to fix them.

MechanoidHater

Quote from: Bendigeidfran on May 21, 2016, 08:01:38 AM
That's how the Rimworld interface works I'm afraid, you can't add subsections to the Furniture etc Tabs. If you have any ideas as to how to fix this issue do let me know, but I don't want to remove the variations of beds etc as that's kinda the point of the mod, to add SS13 themed variants. I do see your point though, folks with smaller monitors would have issues with i I just don't know how to fix them.
There is a way to fix that. Make the furniture items show in a whole new, separate tab called "SS13 Furniture" for example. But dont ask me how to do this because I dont know. Try asking the person behind this mod:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10644.0
or this mod:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11056.0
because those mods have their items in new tabs.

Bendigeidfran

I know you can add whole new tabs, but I'd been trying to avoid adding too many extra categories. If it's an issue for people then I'll do that for next time.

Sinitell

Hi, I love this mod. :D The new update includes wheat, so am I right to assume it will now conflict with the Vegetable Garden mod ( https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12934.0 ) which also has a wheat crop? If so, would it be too much to ask for a version that does not contain the wheat (and recipes that use it), or is somehow compatible? Thanks for your time.  :)

Bendigeidfran

I've taken a look and it appears only slight changes need to be made in order to make the two mods compatible, I'll have it updated tonight or tomorrow at the latest as I'm a bit busy right this second. Thanks for letting me know though, I'd hate to make people have to jump through hoops to use the mod.

Sinitell

Quote from: Bendigeidfran on May 24, 2016, 06:28:35 PM
I've taken a look and it appears only slight changes need to be made in order to make the two mods compatible, I'll have it updated tonight or tomorrow at the latest as I'm a bit busy right this second. Thanks for letting me know though, I'd hate to make people have to jump through hoops to use the mod.

Thanks for looking into this! I appreciate it.  :D

Bendigeidfran

V0.93 adds a number of fixes to some objects for example you can now grow wheat in hydroponics(oops), it also adds categories to try to limit the number of objects in one category to avoid it filling up smaller monitors, finally it makes the mod compatible with the Vegetable Gardens mod. This incompatibility was caused by both mods using the same defname for wheat crops(mine is now called space wheat instead of wheat plant). As always please report any issues OR imbalances, I realise there are likely a large number of imbalanced features in the game but I don't have time to test them outside of God Mode so that would be a big help. Regarding the map I've been working on, I'll be uploading it alongside the next version which adds the beginnings of a chemistry system as well as an alternative (powerful) energy source ;) which is required to power such a large number of lights and vents etc.