[A13]Arbitration: Realistic Research - Overhaul, modpack, vehicles 06/13 v0.07

Started by jackarbiter, April 20, 2016, 09:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotel

Sounds awesome.... Seriously I know ModVarietyPack maker is having issues so I doubt we will get a version for A13, this seems like a fantastic and potentially better alternative.

SmartererThanYou

Firefighter427

m33n

Wow, sounds really interesting. I got to try this mod next playtrough. GJ

AllenWL

A modpack without tons of everything everywhere? Defiantly keeping a eye on this.

A question though it says 'Alpha, use at own risk' but doesn't have downloads or anything of the sort?

SmartererThanYou

Quote from: AllenWL on May 21, 2016, 05:42:50 AM
A modpack without tons of everything everywhere? Defiantly keeping a eye on this.

A question though it says 'Alpha, use at own risk' but doesn't have downloads or anything of the sort?

It's because it isn't set up properly yet. --JUST WRITING RIGHT NOW, IT ISN'T UP YET, I BET NOBODY SEES THIS MWAHAHAHAHAHA--

Wivex

It looks interesting and surprisingly close to what i'm working on atm. But the only question i have here: why it's in release section and not the unfinished mods one?

SirDerpface

Orion

Vehicles sounds very awesome. Would be great if they could be a separate mod, though, so we don't have to take the whole thing if we just want vehicles.

AllenWL

Quote from: SmartererThanYou on May 21, 2016, 08:17:44 AM

It's because it isn't set up properly yet. --JUST WRITING RIGHT NOW, IT ISN'T UP YET, I BET NOBODY SEES THIS MWAHAHAHAHAHA--
I did see that, but I saw the 'use at own risk' note right after, and got horribly confused.

SmartererThanYou

Quote from: AllenWL on May 22, 2016, 10:52:39 AM
Quote from: SmartererThanYou on May 21, 2016, 08:17:44 AM

I did see that, but I saw the 'use at own risk' note right after, and got horribly confused.

He probably just wanted to set up the wall of text first.

jackarbiter

Published.

I would have gotten away with writing this first if it weren't for you pesky kids and your bumping.

I almost got away with it without anyone noticing the walls of text, - I had this partially up since the 13th, before I started putting the stupid vehicles in, and it was so buried I didn't worry about it... but once I updated the title and then turned around and didn't put it up because I ran out of time and kept adding just one more thing (like raiders with ATVs)... yeah, didn't get away with it.

Anyway, the first version is up now. It is relatively feature-complete. Definitely playable. A few bugs are noted on the front page. Please give feedback.

QuoteVehicles sounds very awesome. Would be great if they could be a separate mod, though, so we don't have to take the whole thing if we just want vehicles.

I will definitely be putting them up separately, but I have to extricate them from CR first and make sure they're stable. I shouldn't have included them here at all TBH, really killed my timeline. SCOPE CREEPED.

Quote2nd EDIT hold on are you the same Jack arbiter as the YouTube channel? If so that's awesome I'm one of your subscribers.

I accidentally have a youtube channel with 12 subscribers because of some of the videos I put up for my fallout 4 mods. So if you're one of the 12, that's REALLY random :D

But most likely you are thinking of someone else maybe?
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

zzz1000

I have opposite reaction - is there version without vehicles? I consider it silly gimmick like morrowind horse mod -  pants in shape of horse that add a speed when equped :)
To have DF like mine carts and wheelbarrows will be nice

Selling feature for me is CR support and mod list. But main concern, as always, is compatiblity, while you alredy included most things I like   - will it  work with other nice things like crash landing or hospitality and such(looks like it work)? Also what about other CR weapons, like High Caliber - is your CR is just regular CR? Or Panda mods, like Pharma, I didn't tried it, but will it work with your Panda core? What  are the pitfalls?

First thing I noticed, because foraging is my main food source in first days -  if I understand correctly, you could not to harvest berries without tools and tools made it potentially 14(140?) times faster.
You not need tools for that and tools do not help much, even today there lot of hand work involved. 
It's ok for wood cut, and at some extend for sowing  and, depending on plant, with harvest. 

Grogfeld

Hi jackarbiter!

Mod seems legit :) I've install it with bunch interface mods and everything works fine. But first two suggestions. I don't think its something on my side but construction speed is downgraded to 1% not 10%  like it says in notifications if it's intended than cool but I don't think that building 1 cell long wall should take 3 days, why not give wood, you can equip it, property "5% construction speed"? It would make sense and speed up building research bench which is necessary to do anything else. So I propose another suggestion, have you played earlier versions of Rimworld? There was a great modpack TTM (TechTree Minami) where at beginning you had everything obscured behind research, and by everything I'm really mean it. But with your colonist there is another drop, small one cell movable research bench. You could make now restrictions that first thing you research needs this type "bench". You can't build another one but it can be moved. It could be just a book for bookcase ;)

Modpack have great foundations so I will observe how you develop it. Everything needs time so no hurry :)

PS: I suggest also add Colonists Bar, and Fluffy Tabs with great work tab mods. I know that everyone can install them by themselves but you create one folder mod for integrity so that's why I'm speaking to you.