[A13]Arbitration: Realistic Research - Overhaul, modpack, vehicles 06/13 v0.07

Started by jackarbiter, April 20, 2016, 09:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

AllenWL

Quote from: Kitsune on July 07, 2016, 04:32:02 AM
Quote from: AllenWL on July 07, 2016, 04:25:51 AM
I think I said this before, but the foundations research, which says 'unlocks beds', does not, in fact, unlock beds.

As far i remember, the foundation research unlocks the cloth padded sleeping spot or i'm wrong? And i think its ok with that because, it is somehow a bed. ;)
I'm like, 99% sure you start out with the padded sleeping spot, which is also kinda weird, because until you research the butcher table, you can't make the padded sleeping spot anyways.

Kitsune

Quote from: AllenWL on July 08, 2016, 11:29:08 PM
I think I said this before, but the foundations research, which says 'unlocks beds', does not, in fact, unlock beds.

As far i remember, the foundation research unlocks the cloth padded sleeping spot or i'm wrong? And i think its ok with that because, it is somehow a bed. ;)
I'm like, 99% sure you start out with the padded sleeping spot, which is also kinda weird, because until you research the butcher table, you can't make the padded sleeping spot anyways.

Or you get lucky, the magic word is trade caravan. *~*

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Kitsune on July 09, 2016, 03:45:02 AM

Or even better.... cargo pods!

AllenWL

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on July 09, 2016, 06:32:56 AM
Quote from: Kitsune on July 09, 2016, 03:45:02 AM

Or even better.... cargo pods!
So far, all the caravans and pods brought are food.
I'm not complaining though, because my colony goes through a lot. Mostly due to rot.
How many food-preservation methods do we have with this modpack?

kaptain_kavern

TehRaven

I'm having an issue. I've downloaded the mod pack and it comes as one large, disorganized, chunk of files that I can't seem to get to work. I've tried placing all of the files into one folder and naming it Arbitration but that doesn't seem to work. I can select it in the Rimworld mod selection screen but still no change to gameplay features. Please help! I want to try this out. I'll upload a picture of the mess I'm looking at.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

kaptain_kavern

Please be sure to download CCL first and put it in the mod folder of your Rimworld folder (At this moment it should only contain a folder called "Core" + The 2 CCL Folders (Community Core Library + Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks)

Then be sure to download again Arbitration Mod from Original Post (the one i saw in your pic is not right) and put it in the same folder (Mods).

Here the inside of the mod folder :

Now your mod folder should look like this :

Now start Rimworld and go to the "Mod" section. Activate the 2 CCL and Arbitration (in that order).

Restart the game (CCL window should tell you to do it and it's important)

Now after restart it should work.

Tell us there if not

And when your getting used to it you can even go nuts on the mods :p

TehRaven

Yeah I realized the problem shortly after posting. I originally downloaded the files from Nexus, which gave me the garbled mess. I noticed another download link from your original post and it works PERFECT. Great mod so far. Exactly what I have been looking for in Rimworld. Nice work!

Thank you!

CrownBee

When playing this mod, Rimworld hard crashes randomly after I build / buy robots. Does anyone else have this problem? For me, it tends to crop up every 3-5 days in game, and I think it happens whenever there is a conflict between robots, because it is somewhat random. I don't even know how to provide more information, as the whole game just locks up and dies....

TehRaven

I only use two robots and have been using them for a VERY long time at this point. So far no glitches or issues have occurred.

On a side note though. THIS MOD IS AMAZING. I strongly suggest this be integrated into the final product of Rimworld. It seems to completely encompass the essence of what Rimworld should be. I'm a veteran player so I may be a bit jaded by the "complexity" (although it really is straight forward). EXCELLENT WORK ON THIS MOD! I'm very impressed.

Oragepoilu

I have two things that give me some trouble, though :
-People using ATV often get stuck in a loop when trying to haul debris. Can be helped by disabling debris in the ATV.
-I just made some short bow and arrow for my 4 guys, meanwhile a crashed ship spawn on my map (and triggered by a lost bullet -_-) near my only entrance (but not enough close to attack my base).

Scyther are extremely OP. At short range they instant kill or incapacitate all the time, at medium range people stay a bit around them but can't deal enough damage, and at long range, well, I have yet to get anything long range to try. As the charge lance have 120 range anyway, I don't think it's an option. (I would miss too often)
They are 3, heal over time, too much resistant to die even if only one is focus. Bow, crossbow, arbalest do nothing against them so I'm stuck with the Psychic drone though, waiting for them to run out of ammo (130/200 left for each scythe).

If someone have an idea to deal with them, I'm listening. In case it happen to someone else ... just reload, don't try to keep on like me xD

Anyway, beside this I enjoy a lot. I didn't go further than the moment where you need books for your research in my last game, but was still a good game.

CrownBee

Quote from: Oragepoilu on July 15, 2016, 11:35:49 AM
I have two things that give me some trouble, though :
-People using ATV often get stuck in a loop when trying to haul debris. Can be helped by disabling debris in the ATV.
-I just made some short bow and arrow for my 4 guys, meanwhile a crashed ship spawn on my map (and triggered by a lost bullet -_-) near my only entrance (but not enough close to attack my base).

Scyther are extremely OP. At short range they instant kill or incapacitate all the time, at medium range people stay a bit around them but can't deal enough damage, and at long range, well, I have yet to get anything long range to try. As the charge lance have 120 range anyway, I don't think it's an option. (I would miss too often)
They are 3, heal over time, too much resistant to die even if only one is focus. Bow, crossbow, arbalest do nothing against them so I'm stuck with the Psychic drone though, waiting for them to run out of ammo (130/200 left for each scythe).

If someone have an idea to deal with them, I'm listening. In case it happen to someone else ... just reload, don't try to keep on like me xD

Anyway, beside this I enjoy a lot. I didn't go further than the moment where you need books for your research in my last game, but was still a good game.

Mechanoids are super tough to deal with early in the game. You pretty much need to get cannon before you have a chance of hurting them. I think this is why Jack created the "nice" versions of the storytellers, so you have a much reduced chance of the RNG bringing in Mechanoids until your tech level is high enough to deal with them.

There are some tricks to deal with them:

Try to get other raiders or visitors to fight them for you.

Steal higher tech guns from raiders, or buy them from traders. I used to use prepare carefully to launch my colony with an assault rifle or two (if I could afford the points) specifically for emergencies like this. I'm now experimenting with just bringing knives, and I have yet to run into a scenario like you describe, but it might just be luck.

Construct traps / defenses, then lure the scythers in. This is difficult if you are not very high-tech, but I think a polybolos will damage a scyther with a direct hit.

Good luck!

Dante King