[A13]Arbitration: Realistic Research - Overhaul, modpack, vehicles 06/13 v0.07

Started by jackarbiter, April 20, 2016, 09:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackarbiter

06/13/2016 - v13a - A:RR v. 0.07

Changelog:

v0.07:

-You can now unlock advanced printing options at the normal 3D printer (the component assembly bench) - the nanoprinter resisted my efforts to modify it
-Padded sleeping spots now have comfort
-Added advanced battery to flesh out advanced energy research
-Raiders now use base sandbags and mortars, while the player uses copies - allows creation of sandbags from stuff instead of costlist and allows raiders to construct low-work versions without needing tools
-Fences are no longer impassable, but have a high pathing cost. This means roofs won't spawn over them just because a regular wall is nearby, and they can't be exploited as super-embrasures.
-Sandbags can now be made with either leather or cloth - cost increased and work reduced
-Stamped earth ramparts are no longer impassable (high path cost) and now show up in the security tab instead of the structures tab
-Sandbag, cheval de frise, barbed wire, and moat path cost increased drastically
-Fixed wood log wall and stone wall descriptions
-Reduced wood needed for tool production
-Beds now require less wood
-Reduced direct wood cost for production buildings, giving wood/metal/stone options where available
-Reclaiming fabric no longer works on tools
-Tools have their own reclaim recipes
-Recipes for smelting ammo including subrecipes like stone arrows, plasteel arrows, etc. - credits to Grogfeld for getting me started
-Ammo removed from normal smelt weapon recipe
-Bots and mechanoids no longer use vehicles
-Hauling bots speed increased 2x to make them worthwhile in the face of colonists with vehicles
-Edge-map mechanoid raiders will no longer spawn with vehicles, even though it was hilarious
-Skydrillers, drill heads, railguns, and personal shields now have unfinished thing defs
-ATVs and Speeders now have unfinished things that look like ATVs and Speeders instead of carts
-Fixed auto turret to properly unlock with ai research
-Wood floors now have 2 beauty, require 1 more wood, and a lot more work
-Carpets require less cloth but beauty reduced from 2 to 1, because I have a personal vendetta against carpet, because it is disgusting

v0.06:

With much thanks to Grogfeld (quite a few of these were suggested or caught by him) and others for testing :)

-FIXED THE HAULING LOOP BUG.
-Fixed shields for CR by rebuilding ED-Shields with Jaxxa's CR patch embedded inside the main assembly
DELETE YOUR OLD SHIELDS AND GODMODE IN NEW ONES TO REPLACE THEM - the old ones won't work, but the saves will load fine.
-Fixed FSX extraction job description.
-Added correct item filter to molotov recipe.
-Agave and berry bush harvesting time greatly reduced; was very high in vanilla, but tools made it even worse at first.
-Added ceiling lamps and wall lamps (from skullywag's additional lighting mod)
-Added way to reclaim any stuff from any clothing such as CR clothing (from skullywag's reclaim fabrics mod), removed old recipes for reclaiming individually (save-safe)
-Removed duplicate harvest and simple prosthetic choices on health tab.
-Beds now require tailoring to unlock; royal beds require smithing (all the gold inlay) - makes sleeping spots and such more useful early on (Grogfeld's suggestion)
-Simple prosthetics now properly unlocked by anatomy rather than smithing
-Incidents per day for the Jack Arbiter storytellers brought in line with Randy Random (somewhat more for Nice and less for not-nice). Max days between big threats still longer.
-Auto-Turrets from CR defense now have unfinished thing defs so that their production can be paused by colonists without starting over (CR Defense Bug)
-Diesel generators now require thermodynamics research instead of basic electrical research.
-Changed browning machine gun base and minified browning to be not-ludicrous size. Not sure how I let it get ludicrous size.
-Fixed sentence fragment in advanced energy research description
-Vehicles don't have an unmount option when driven by non-colonist pawns, and forbidding them won't make non-colonist pawns dismount them

REQUIRES CCL. YOU MUST RESTART RIMWORLD AFTER ACTIVATING CCL AND THIS MOD, just like if this were CR, because this contains CR.

Download at the Nexus

Temporary dropbox link (OrangeDox version tracks download count so I know if it's near the limit; the Nexus is slow at uploading new files at the moment because of their new archival project so I'm using this.)

I've added a patch to remove raider ATVs for people who don't want the feature. Here and on the nexus.

Arbitration: Realistic Research

Motorized vehicles.
Occasionally raiders bring their ATVs.
50-item research tree
Realisticish sciency research; no more carpet making
Marathon game pace, governed by research unlocks
Progressive unlocks through eras of technology from bows to advanced biotech
Rebalance of work costs (components easier to make, clothes and swords don't take longer than guns to make)
Tools feature; colonists work slowly at first but speed up once they can craft tools (makes your first few days harder)
Not a lot of bloat
Not supercomplicated
Research usually presented as a few choices at once instead of 15
New features show up a few at a time with each research unlock
Other mods that are incorporated were stripped of most things extraneous to the goal of this mod
Small traders working with CR, they spawn with carts so they don't walk slow. Minimum speed after CR weight adjustment now 10% instead of 1%. Other CR stuff fixed.
All in one folder. Install CCL, install this, activate CCL, activate this, restart the game, play.

I finally got my raiders-on-ATVs functionality to work and what do I get on my very first test? Shield dudes. If you thought it was hard killing these ****ers before, just wait til you try to do it with a handful of cannons and gatling guns while they come flying in at 5x the speed of a normal pawn.

Yes, I will make the vehicles separate at some point so you don't have to play a marathon session to get to them. Right now they're enmeshed with some CR functionality, and I'd like to see if they're stable (and fix any known issues) before I pull them out.

Click here for a list of minor issues you may encounter with vehicles.

THIS IS ALPHA. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Runs stable and is balanced through the first portion of the game. I have tested well into the research tree (and of course the obligatory test all the way through with dev tools), which is important since most of my own work pertains to the beginning of the game and I've caught a lot of little balance issues and problems. But I need testing and feedback for the whole thing, especially later game. Your late game might get broken, more likely there are just balance issues; usually the changes I have to implement at this point are completely savegame compatible. In fact I have used the same playtest over the past week while making changes and haven't had issues. No promises, though.

Vehicle Feature Information:

I was going to release this a week (and a half, now) ago but I had an idea of how to get vehicles in the game using BBream's hauling mod as a base (after updating and bugfixing it - I sorta got backpacks working with combat realism but they are buggy so I am leaving them out). Of course this took forever to get done but I didn't want to just stick them in without integrating them into the game. They can be used to quickly haul things, but once they are attached your colonists can ride them to do most outside and some inside work.

Colonists will pick up vehicles and haul, then drop them off. Or, you can attach the vehicle to them. Once you do this they'll keep the vehicle and do whatever outside jobs and some inside jobs (like cleaning, for some reason; I can't remember why I made that decision). For inside jobs that they normally wouldn't involve a vehicle in (like lovin' but including many more) they'll drop the vehicle as soon as they hit a roofed area. So you can design a garage, sortof. This is a workaround as otherwise I'd have to hook into every damn job they do, though I have an idea or two about how I can do this better. Honestly, the jobs thing is the most complicated part of this type of modding, and I've only got my head partially wrapped around it. So for now, they want to eat, they ride to the colony and park at the first roofed area. If the first roofed area is your door, that's prolly not good. So make a garage outside the front door.

If you look at the xml defs you can see pretty easily how to create your own vehicles (I spent some time on this before release to make sure saves wouldn't break). If you want a vehicle that looks loaded down when it's full, make sure the FullStorage names of the images begin with the defname and underscore like so: VehicleCart_FullStorage_front.png. If you want no axles (like the floating speeder) leave the axles list empty (but keep the comp there) - if you want a truck with 8 wheels define 4 axles and use the coordinates system to get the wheels where you want them.

Vehicles:

• Hauling cart (vanilla BBream cart, capacity:4, no speed)
  • Truck (capacity: 8 speed: 9)
  • ATV (capacity: 2, speed: 15)
  • Star wars-ish speeder (capacity: 2, speed: 30, no fuel required)

Current features:

They carry stuff
Require biodiesel to run, made from corn at the brewery
Carts for small traders to fix CR problem with them (really I fixed the CR problem and then attached the carts, and they take the movement nerf from the cart and not whatever bulk/weight, which usually places them at the speed of their companions who have the weight movement nerf).
Repairable. Was not something that worked out of the box.
Leak fuel slowly at a certain point (defined in the xml def) and catch fire 50% of the time they're damaged below that limit.
They 'splode
Trail fuel puddles as that raider tries to get away.
Oh yeah: 50% of edge-map non-neolithic raiders come with ATVs.

They show as cover but are not considered by CR to be cover when deciding what to shoot at - this way they don't prevent enemies from firing.
They do provide cover for the colonist in them, right now it isnt set up for full defense (not like a tank), more like shooting at someone in a vehicle and maybe it hits them, maybe it hits the vehicle. The amount is roughly 50/50 for a vehicle set up as .99 fillage, which they are all set at at the moment, though at mid-to-close range the person is generally going to be the one shot. Bullets don't damage them as much as some people may like; I'm open to tweak this.

Note:
You can't manually target one, only the driver. It looks like in the code just having a certain def property will make an item targetable but there are no items like this and I spent a day trying to fix before I just tweaked how CR manages them as cover. It actually works out pretty well like this, the driver will always be aimed at and if the car provides a lot of cover it will take hits til it catches fire or explodes.

Weapons List:

Weapons through progressive unlocks from beginning to end of game

QuoteBows
-
Great bows
-
Crossbows
Polyboloses (ballistas with magazines) <turret
-
Arbalests
Repeating crossbows
-
Wheellock pistol
Flintlock rifle
Cannon <turret
-
Colt army pistol
Henry rifle
Gatling gun <turret
-
Vanilla guns
M1 Browning <turret
-
CR defense turrets
-
AI turret
-
Railgun
-
Vanilla charge rifle and auto CR defense energy turrets

Buildings Information:

Features/buildings through unlocks from beginning to end of game NOT A COMPLETE LIST, JUST A GENERAL IDEA - the research tree gives a better idea, but it's so damn long it's hard to see in this post even chopped up a bunch.

Quotebuildings that are crap
-
buildings that aren't crap
-
Buildings based on fire energy (wood and charcoal burning), a low-tech cooling building
--/\Plenty of time between these two, but not so much you're screaming at me\/--
Basic electrical buildings
-
Coolers
-
Medical tech
-
Comms
-
Computing-era stuff
-
Nuclear energy
-
Advanced medical tech
-
Robotics, 3d printing
-
Shield technology, biotech
-
Advanced shield tech, advanced biotech

NOTE: I reworked the cannon texture a little bit after this battle, is seated further back and a little shorter to correspond with the aiming arc
NOTE 2: In case you're wondering why I put this picture up, Centipedes in Combat Realism are a nightmare. I introduced cannons with various ammo (exploding shot in this case) specifically to help fend them off when you're still low-tech and don't have combat realism defense turrets.

General things, maybe repeating myself a bit here:

• Huge somewhat-making-sense research tree.
  • Marathon pace to the game - no more beating it in an evening
  • Semi-modpack of the best parts of tons of mods, all integrated, all in one folder
  • CR included - replaces the CR EPOE patch and CR-Haplo misc patch, also changes a bunch of stuff like turret weapons don't look like charge rifles and easier way to get FSX and blahblahblah. It was like half the work it took to make this mod, tbh, since all the new turrets and weapons had to be modified, and now you have a cannon that shoots exploding shot and grapeshot and round balls, single-shot muskets w/ buckshot optional that may or may not be good replacements for repeating crossbows when you unlock them, henry rifles, etc. etc.
  • NO BLOAT. Ok, like one or two bloaty things that I felt were realistic, but no like 37 of the same variant of this or that thing.
  • NO G*D*MN tables everywhere all over the place.
The goal here is to balance realism and gameplay, and to make each compliment the other. 

The mod is all in one folder. It contains CR and CR EPOE and Haplo patches and requires CCL.

CCL
CCL vanilla tweaks <- OPTIONAL
Realistic Research
OTHER STUFF YOU LIKE AFTER. Will not be incorporated in research tree. Good chance of rampant incompatibility with large game-altering mods. I have used pretty much all the UI mods during testing, they work fine.

If you want other aspects of mods that I've included, let me know. Trying to use them again on top of this mod is a recipe for crushing blows to your morale.

I spent a lot of time making sure every parent def was accounted for; I hope I have not missed any or E will be like WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

I have incorporated quite a few other mods into this one in order to get the features I felt were necessary for interesting beginning to end gameplay. These mods were each modified in some way, often only taking a few elements but occasionally sticking the mod in the research tree and leaving it alone. Since I view A:RR as partially a modpack, I asked for permission in several instances in which people asked that permission be requested before modpack inclusion. I've linked to (and will PM when done) each and every mod creator and their mod below, along with what I used and what I changed.

MOD CREDITS: Mod credits are in the first post below. I write too damn much words and stuff so the forum wouldn't let me put them in this post. I go into extensive detail as to which parts I've included, what I've changed, and why.

Random incomplete list of stuff I added: the second post below

Old tech tree (30 research projects):

1st part of new tech tree (there are 50 research projects in the whole tech tree)

This extends to the next section, but I've cut it off here for a purpose. At this point you need a reference bookshelf, which takes about 15 reference books to write (I may tweak this to be more or less). It's the only slightly complicated part of this whole thing. Once you have that attached to your research bench you can proceed to unlock more advanced research. During this time you'll be stuck with cannons, gatling guns, henry rifles, and revolvers, and you'll have coolers for refrigeration. I'll probably add a patch to remove the reference bookshelf requirement, but the cool thing about having it is that for a minute you're not worried about making your current weapons obsolete; stock up on stuff, build up your defenses, have fun with the western style of the game for a minute, 'cause after this you're heading for the friggin' singularity.

2nd part of new tech tree: (you may need to use the scrollbar at the bottom or open in a new tab to see it all):

I've kept it relatively straightforward aside from the reference bookshelf; you'll usually have a few choices facing you as to what you really need unlocked right the f now, and sometimes only one choice and that would be the choice you'd want to make anyway as it is usually a big step forward. I tried to keep it simple for the user, no hour of examining the tree to figure out how to min/max the best strategy.

Combat realism: All the buildings ported over to inherit the damage values from CR, all the weapons and turrets ported over (all the turrets are craftable and minifiable, and have to be placed, and you can take your cannon and your gatling gun over to the ongoing siege and give 'em hell), boomalopes now drop chemical sacs that ignite at 21 degrees and ultimately explode, keeping the vanilla threat while providing you with a source of FSX if you can get the sacs, there are bunches of new ammo, etc. etc.

My two other random tiny mods, not included in this:

No Infestations v. 0.1 [A13]

Faster Sleeping Sickness Immunity[A13]
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

jackarbiter

Before I begin I want to thank E for Rimsearch, without which I could not have made this mod.

This somewhat modpack contains the following mods (roughly in order that you will encounter them), with changes noted:

Combat Realism & CR Defense

Thanks NoImageAvailable! I fixed a bunch of stuff and I used Krutchen's changes as well. Thanks Krutchen! I also used a lot of CR code as examples and in a few places used the code itself, like for the modified Boomalopes and some vehicle fuel burning.

Less Incident Trolling by MarvinKosh
Raid Sanity by MarvinKosh

USED:

• Raid sanity: straight up. Gonna need it.
  • Less incident trolling: straight up. Gonna need it.

INFO: Used the three storytellers, also a version of Jack Arbiter storyteller. Vanilla storytellers still available. The new ones are important because they use only population and building wealth to determine raid size. In other words, you aren't going to craft 500 musket balls and suddenly find that your increased wealth has summoned centipedes, who then laugh at your musket balls pelting off of them. But you can play the vanilla storytellers if you want.

NOTES: Marvin's modified storytellers have (Nice) appended to their names.

---

T's Mods by Telkir

USED:

• Miscstuff (scrap metal wall)
  • Expanded cloth

INFO: The first walls you can build are crappy scrap metal walls. You'll want to plug some holes in the nearest leftover building or corner up against a mountain, because your colonists are building at 10% and these are quick to build (they still take forever, especially if none of your colonists is good at construction). Expanded cloth was included on a whim because it's way crazy to farm cloth out of the ground, and also this lets you recycle clothing.

NOTES: I added in recycling the toolbelts here, even though they're made of metal and stuff, since things are crowded and when you hit smithed tools you'll want to junk those basic toolbelts so your colonists don't grab them when they arrive, with the warning going away but your new guy building at 50%.

---

Right Tool For the Job by ItchyFlea

USED:

• Modified versions of the toolbelts (with one added), renamed as just "tools".

INFO: Toolbelts occupy your hands slot for clothing, so they don't get in the way of much. Global work values for plant work, construction, and mining are reduced to 10%, 10%, and 1%, so at the beginning of the game after the crash your colonists can't just pick up a rock and go mining away or go building a nice wall with a stick or go gardening with their hands or go chopping down trees with burning hunks of metal. Well, they can, just at really reduced speeds. This necessitates the building of flimsy doors and crappy sheet metal walls, usually in the remnants of an old building, in order to find shelter. After the research bench (build time reduced) is built and the first research is unlocked, basic tools (and bows and [CR]stone arrows) unlock at the crafting spot. Basic tools increase these by 40%, 40%, 9%; modern tools increase these by 90%, 90%, and 99%; advanced tools increase these by 140%, 140%, and 149%. I've created a notice that will pop up (similar to when you have a hunter with no weapon) that will warn you when a colonist assigned to the relevant work areas is not equipped with tools.

NOTES: I originally intended to require the actual weapon-tools from RTFJ for most non-workbench jobs, but the management of a pawn's main weapon takes too much micromanagement. With this colonists pretty much always grab up tools if they're available, and they don't take any main slots.

---

ItchyFlea's Small Mods by ItchyFlea

USED:

• Log walls v1.26
  • Modular tables v. 1.48
  • Fences 1.01
INFO: When you start, you'll be able to build fences (25% cover, fast to build) and after a quick research unlock you'll be able to build log walls. Log walls cost 2x more stuff than regular walls (renamed framed walls) but they are the best thing you can build when starting out. Modular tables are included because modular tables.

---

Ish's Medieval Mods by IshOfTheWoods

USED:

• Medieval Defenses 2.01 - Updated (by me) to A13 (also CR patch for ballista, which was modified and made into a polybolos)
  • Medieval Weapons - Updated (by me) to A13 - Ranged weapons only (no longbow) - crossbow, arbalest, repeating crossbow (also CR patches for these)

INFO: So you start from scratch, but hey you can pile dirt in a dirt pile, so why not hide behind dirt piles? I converted the stamped-earth walls to stamped-earth ramparts - they take a lot of work to build but they cost nothing and they provide 50% cover compared to the quick fences (25%). The fences have other uses, obviously, like keeping animals from being animals and eating your plants, but you can make this trade off however you want when that first raid comes and you need something to hide behind. The chveladcxl de frieasdf (I have way too much French blood to not know how to spell French words), the pointy stick thingies, do an ok job at first of slowing enemies down (also provide 35% cover). Path cost is 40, compared to 60 for harder to make but free to build moats and 80 for barbed wire, which comes from CR defense and is in this vanilla package. There's also the parapet (unlockable) that subs in for sandbags (same cover) but of course costs stone and more work to build. AND THE BALLISTA. Changed to a polybolos so that there's an excuse why you don't have to reload every round (10 rounds in the gravity magazine) and so that it can fire faster in vanilla without it being, like, a magic ballista.

Also the weapons. You unlock the crossbow first, then a step or two later the arbalest (more damage, more armor piercing, longer range) and the repeating crossbow (let's not be silly here, this is what you're going to choose over an arbalest, isn't it you spray and pray yokel?). You may find you keep using repeating crossbows through the next musket phase of your existence, though muskets are totes nice, especially with buckshot loaded.

Note that tribals will show up with crossbows sometimes. Sometimes = often. When they don't have muskets. Have fun.

---

Medieval Shields by skullywag

PERMISSION TO USE: Granted. Thanks skully! I asked like 3 weeks ago, I bet you thought I had lost interest.

USED: Used all shields and added later game riot shields (maybe OP but require plasteel). Am thinking about making an alert for shield users who also have rifles, as they seem to tend to carry whatever and then tack a shield on.

INFO: Wheellock pistols and Colt army pistols added as sidearms for shield users.

NOTES: I originally wanted to add the tools in as weapons that were actually shields, but this was a stupid idea. I like the toolbelts approach. Meanwhile, you get stuck in the medieval ages without much, so shields are great to have. BTW I have seen a raider escape my gatling gun with her stupid shield, they are pretty powerful. SRSly, get your melee guys one of these, and also a pistol user or two. Colt Army + Shield = dead raiders.

---

Colony Manager v2 by Fluffy

PERMISSION TO USE: Granted. Thanks Fluffy!

USED: All of it

INFO: The first software unlock unlocks both the computer colony management table and the power management software (the power tab), as opposed to an extra research for power management software.

---

cuproPanda's Mods by cuproPanda

USED:

• CorePanda (as a requirement for AJO, no features were used - I created my crafting table before I saw this one available)
  • Additional Joy Objects - Books and reading and writing tables and bookcases only
  • Powerless! - Used charcoal pit, charcoal, smoker, grill, solar chimney, torch (only one version, modified to use coal), windows, keffiyeh

INFO: AJO books are used straight up, with reduced stuff required to build the tables and artistic as the type of work. Quality removed from pile of books. Reference books required to advance beyond cowboy-level weapons are the same as the AJO, with research as the type of work (and the writing speed based off of research instead of artistic). I didn't include other stuff because I'm going for as streamlined as possible at first here. Later on I might include more of AJO.

Charcoal is one of the two resources I add to the game with this mod (the other is concrete from Industrialization, see below). Everything that required wood fuel (except the campfire) now requires charcoal. Also, there's a new coal furnace I added, takes less fuel ultimately once the conversion is done than a campfire. The fuel requirements ultimately come down to requiring less wood, but the tradeoff is that you gotta make charcoal to keep your colony going. Use the managing table from colony manager to make sure you have HUNDREDS of coal and you should be good. I've reduced the work amount for charring some, colonists were often leaving the work undone.

The solar chimney is necessary for guarding against heatstroke before you have power. There is some research in your way before you can unlock it, and it functions on rain and sunshine, so hopefully you didn't choose a desert start. DID YOU? You idiot. Better make some keffiyehs.

Windows of course. Also, keffiyeh! It keeps you warm when it is cold, and cold when it is warm, but how does it know? (that's an old Cajun joke about a thermos, probably got it off of Justin Wilson.)

NOTE: Don't try to use other CuproPanda mods with this, I can't use the updated core mod without revision.

---

Project Armory by Evul

USED: Updated the Kentucky Flintlock Rifle and the wheellock pistol to v13a, added musketballs.

INFO: After you unlock crossbows, but before you unlock the henry rifle and such, there's this cool period where you've got a guy running around reloading the hell outta his musket. Also, tribals can show up with the flintlock rifles or wheellock pistols. I kinda went Last of the Mohicans with it.

NOTES: The cannon turrets I add are my own, but they unlock with these weapons. They are useful for quite a while afterward, so make a few or you'll have centipedes pwning you. Seriously, nothing can kill a centipede except cannon exploding shot with CR until you get past machining in the game. I created a dropped body part from boomalopes you can use to help craft the exploding shot, just make sure the body part is not ready to blow up (at 21 C) and don't stock it inside if you've got the temperature at 21 or over.

---

Historical Weapons Packs by Anonemous2

USED: Henry rifle, Beaumont-Adams pistol (renamed Colt Army Model 1860, just using the texture and base stats), gatling gun awww yeah gatling gun. I don't like a whole lotta stuff lying around, I figure if your colonists figure out how to make a friggin' rifle they aren't gonna go around trying to make similar rifles, they're gonna stick with one and make a few, so I only add one of each type of weapon if I can help it.

INFO: Gatling gun! Uses colt .45, which can be unlocked early with these cowboy-type weapons. The henry and the colt army were as close as I could get to guns using colt .45 ammo, which was already in CR, and the textures were beautiful.

NOTES: You get stuck using these for a minute, so churn some colt .45 ammo out and stock up on henry rifles and gatling guns while you build up reference knowledge to proceed to the next phase of your colony.

---

Turret Collection by eatKenny

USED: M2 Browning

INFO: Unlocks at machining instead of the autoturret. Figured you'd need something. Autoturrets require some software, or whatever, which I had before CR did it but I went along with where CR had it, roughly speaking. Autoturrets are way better than vanilla, so this is acceptable. Had to reduce range from 70 to 55 til I figure out how CR made ranges beyond 55, anything beyond 55 for me seems to cause errors getting the amount of squares involved, and there is no xml difference, at least none that I could tell after an hour of scouring to see what the hell was going on. So, yeah, 55. 5 more than the 1-shot cannons, 15 more than gatlings and moar damage, so still worth it.

---

DE Surgeries v1.06 by DarknessEyes

USED: All the surgeries

INFO: They're all locked by relevant medical technology, usually according to DarknessEyes' list of surgery categories.

I've asked for permission for A Dog Said (a while ago) but I'll be patient and wait and see.

---

Industrialization by eatKenny

USED: Concrete production, Plasma Drill, Deep mining, Refineries, and Nuclear Power plant. No copper, aluminum, or high-grade steel. Building recipes adjusted accordingly. Nuke plant cheaper and uses uranium as fuel.

INFO: Concrete incorporated into vanilla flooring recipes (its main purpose is to shore up crappy ground but it makes sense that concrete floors be made of concrete, no?), an expensive recipe for plasma drill, deep mining was made slower but can have two refineries, which have had their impact increased from 15% to 25% resulting in being slightly faster with some effort. Nuclear power plant cost halved, requires uranium as fuel instead of a ton of uranium as build cost. Probably reduce the amount of stuff needed for plasma drill and deep mining; need late-game sustainability. Hopefully the tech unlocks soon enough. If not, these should be just as purchaseable from traders as before, so really you could probably get your hands on them before computing if you're rich.

NOTES: Don't like adding a lot of new resources to the game, which is why I stripped the extra stuff out.

---

RT Mods by Ratys

USED:

• RT Quantum Storage (I don't actually add any quantum storage stuff, but now CR has an "Ammo rack" that uses this and just pretends like it's normal. The ammo rack helps store all that extra ammo you end up accruing everywhere, but be warned: your colonists can only get to one stack of ammo at a time).
  • RT Fuse A13-1.0.0
  • RT Solar Flare Shield RT A13-1.0.0

INFO: Solar flare shield unlocked with advanced electromagnetism, which begins to unlock other shield research. Pretty nice how all this stuff sortof relates to each other.

NOTES: Solar flare shield is unlocked shortly after computing.

---

Complete Tech Solution - 2016-04-29 by kexici

USED: Complete medical care only.

INFO: A few pieces of the research tree was based on working this out, renamed to glittertech medicine and such. Taking blood is unlocked at the first anatomy research, the other stuff is spread out pretty well. I think I may have ditched a table, but I use most of the facilities.

---

Haplo's Miscellaneous by Haplo <- User 161?!?! Look at this guy bein' all old-school.

USED:

• Core 0.13.1 railguns, brainpals
  • Robots 0.13.3  and Robots Xtension 0.13.2 - used hauling, cleaning, gardening robots, added mining robot
  • Misc. objects 0.13.1 (nano replicator)

INFO: Railguns now craftable, unlock with advanced electromagnetism. Brainpals fully integrated with required advancements for installation and made to fit in alongside EPOE. Also, robots. And the nano replicator is a "3D printer." Rolled it in with a late-game research requirement. It can print star wars speeders, for some reason, because that's the best table I could find when I added speeders in at the last minute.

NOTES: As I say above, I added a mining robot based on the robots extension. The patch for CR is included.

---

Enhanced Development by Jaxxa

USED:

• ED-Shields 1.00.02
  • ED-Moat 1.00.00
  • ED-Subspace Transponder 1.00.02
  • ED-Closable Vents 1.00.00
  • ED-Plant24h 1.00.00
  • ED-ReverseCycleCooler

INFO: The moat's slowdown of enemies was reduced to 60 so that Cheval de Frise (Ish's mod) starts at 40, moat at 60, barbed wire (CR) at 80. Subspace transponder is pretty powerful but it unlocks late game so by then YOU'VE PAID FOR IT WITH BLOOD AND MUSKETBALLS.

NOTES: The Plant24h was applied to the CR blazebulb plant, but some classes may interfere, something I'll be looking into. I don't know why I included reverse cycle cooler, I just did.

---

Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering by Ykara

USED: Took out vancidium, left advanced components. Made advanced bionics, basically the last unlock before ships, much better (like .25 each if I remember correctly). By then you're done, that's the honeypot, your colonists should be epic boss dudes and dudettes because they had to scrabble up from nothin'. Pulled 4 tables out and put recipes for things like peg legs where you'd expect to find them. Put everything in its proper place in the research tree, made all surgeries require proper medical tech, put medical ribs in with some other research that wasn't a little too-specific, etc. etc.

NOTES: Had this just as a patch but integrating wasn't as painful as I thought, plus the CR EPOE patch is included now.

jackarbiter

My personal additions (not a full list of the features, just stuff I made):

• Recipe for molotovs (unlocks relatively early with chemistry research) - 10 potatoes at brewery, 2 potatoes in combat realism due to their use as ammo
  • Recipe for personal shield (unlocks way late in the game)
  • Sandbags now made with 2 cloth ("filled" with particulate matter upon construction one supposes). Wanted to give option for leather as well but sieges require that sandbags have a specific cost list and not just stuff designations; but hey, at least they aren't made of metal now.
  • Greatly reduced melee weapon work to make
  • Reference bookcases (modified version of AJO bookcases) now required to advance past the "cowboy" stage of the game, sortof makes you sit there for a minute enjoying the about-to-be-obsolete options you have, fighting off raids with repeating crossbows and gatling guns and henry rifles and cannons and polybolos and muskets and whatever you've been able to scrounge up.
  • Cannons (CR patch includes grapeshot with 30 pellets, round ball, and explosive shot - explosive shot is about the only way you can kill the damn centipedes in the early game)
  • The CR patch includes a modification to boomalopes - they drop chemical sacs instead of exploding. Above 21 degrees (70 fahr) they catch fire, and when their hp reaches 0 they explode. But if you can get to them when it's not hot or if you can maybe put the fire out and grab them (they don't catch fire while being transported) you can make some FSX out of them. This way you don't have to tame and milk a boomalope, and you can get 10 explosive cannon shot or so out of one in the winter, and so you can keep the G*D*MN centipedes from destroying your game. I've got some screenshots to go with this long explanation, probably in a post below this one.
  • Ballista from ish's medieval mods changed to polybolos so that they can have a high fire rate without making you go "why are these ballista so fast?" I even watched an episode of mythbusters to prove to myself that these things could possibly exist, although my version uses pila instead of arrows.
  • Beds are made from (cloth or leather) and wood.
  • Regular clothing (shirts and pants, etc.) was way more work to make than guns or hats or anything. Didn't make sense. Is now 1/4 of its original amount. No more colonists sitting there for a day and a half making a parka while the guy next to him pumps out 3 machine guns.
  • Nutrient Paste Dispenser: Halved food cost due to research requirements and disgustingness - fairly ok way to avoid starvation late game, or keep from having to farm half the map, but yeah it'll be midway through the game before you get it.
  • New storyteller named Jack Arbiter - all the other storytellers want you to have 4-13 colonists. He wants you to have 10-20 so that he can watch them basically starve the first winter if you keep taking people in and don't farm enough (or if you started after spring). It helps to have enough colonists that a few can be full-time researchers, because otherwise you can get stalled pretty bad. Jack Arbiter is based off of randy random but he throws 1 incident per day instead of 1.5 and he gives 20 interval days instead of 15 between bad events. This is because the game is more marathon-y, so less is expected to happen per day since you're not progressing through the majority of the research tree in 3 seasons.
  • Stone walls - lots of different walls in this game ramping up from sheet metal through wood log to regular (wood, steel or stone, a "framed wall" which is the excuse why it takes so little steel or whatever) and this baby, an inflammable, durable, way lots of work to build wall made out of 2x the stone it takes to make a framed wall. It is worth it.
  • All surgeries require unlock (DE Surgeries is added to the game, those require unlocks too, I'm just talking vanilla)
  • Coal furnace: Depends on charcoal from cuproPanda's Powerless!, basically the texture is a modified ripoff of the smoker. This building is a good way to keep warm (pre-power) while using less fuel than a campfire.
  • Mining robot for Haplo's robots extension. If ya'll want more robots I guess I can make firefighter robots?
  • Components are 1000 work not 10,000
I've also added some things in the mods mentioned above, and made too many small tweaks to list. I worked on this damn thing starting the day I posted this to today, 05/12/2016, which was way too long to work on this thing. Seriously, it was a waste of my life now that I look back on it. So it better be worth it to somebody.

jackarbiter

Known Issues:

• You'll see 6 81mm mortars in god mode because 5 are hidden with CCL's research locker. You'd normally only see 3 81mm mortars in Combat Realism. Obviously, unless you're in god mode this is not an issue, and even if you are it's not really an issue.

• The game can get slow when the amount of raiders shown above spawns in with ATVs. I was on a 400x400 map and normal speed was fine, but framerate dropped when speed was increased due to all the stuff that happens with vehicle ticks. Fixed.

• When raiders appear on the edge of the map with ATVs (or traders with carts) a warning may show that an ATV or two did not draw correctly; this is harmless and they do draw correctly after they're spawned in all the way. I've reduced this issue, but haven't eliminated it entirely.

• You may have warnings (that don't open the window automatically, thankfully) about colonist thoughts about getting items that aren't there. It's something in the vehicle code, either from BBREAM or something I introduced. Anyway, it doesn't hurt anything, but it annoys me. If you can help figure out what's going on I'll be a happy guy. Wasn't an issue with my mod.

• Sometimes when loading, a vehicle may have items that aren't "owned" by their container because the ownership wasn't saved. If you've got someone attached to the vehicle, recruit and unrecruit them and they'll fix the issue. If it's a vehicle just hanging out and it has things in it, send someone to go get the vehicle (usually someone will already be on the way). This will fix the issue. I haven't had this happen often but if you see it, REPORT IT. I've added some code to readd the owner, but it occurs after the error is thrown. So the error can safely be ignored, and will only happen occasionally on loading a saved game.

• I had vehicles two tiles wide, but while hunting one of the issues down I put them at one. I can put them back at two if it's really annoying, but I'm thinking it may be best this way - I'll have to see.

jackarbiter

Reserved for a mod I'll never publish.

jackarbiter

Reserved for a mod I'll never publish.

Tinkerer

Thanks for this, these infestations are annoying!

PS I love your FO4 mods :)

jackarbiter

Quote from: Tinkerer on April 20, 2016, 10:41:16 PM
PS I love your FO4 mods :)

:D Thanks for the compliment, I am always very happy to hear that - and pleasantly surprised someone has heard of my FO4 stuff here.

Tinkerer

Tbh the first thing I noticed was your name, because I really liked the Arbitration mod. I hope you make one like that on here. :) Good to see a great modder come to RimWorld mods!

jackarbiter

Quote from: Tinkerer on April 20, 2016, 11:09:02 PM
Tbh the first thing I noticed was your name, because I really liked the Arbitration mod. I hope you make one like that on here. :) Good to see a great modder come to RimWorld mods!

Combat realism pretty much has the arbitration angle covered, I intend to incorporate upcoming CR advances into a mod (I'm currently working on) that extends the beginning of the game out such that for a while you have to use neolithic weapons (and that requires tools to do pretty much any mining/construction, thus the need for the new CR inventory system) and slowly advance into the modern era instead of crash>build house>build power>AI turrets>end game.

My problem right now is scope creep, I keep planning more and more things as the tech tree widens out. Which is why I put in those posts that I may never release anything :D

The King of Nipples

thank you for making this mod it saved my life

Astasia

Setting the baseChance to 0 is indeed the best way to disable it. I also set the minRefireDays to 99999 just as overkill, but it should never trigger with a chance of 0 so it's likely pointless. Recently I've been playing with infestations, sieges, and mech ships all at baseChance 0 and haven't seen one after many hours of play.

jackarbiter

Added Faster Sleep Sickness Immunity. Doubles the speed. Still takes nearly twice as long as malaria to get immunity so I don't think it's too much of a nerf.

Quote from: Astasia on April 21, 2016, 01:52:41 AM
Setting the baseChance to 0 is indeed the best way to disable it. I also set the minRefireDays to 99999 just as overkill, but it should never trigger with a chance of 0 so it's likely pointless. Recently I've been playing with infestations, sieges, and mech ships all at baseChance 0 and haven't seen one after many hours of play.

Thanks for the feedback Astasia.

Firefighter427

love the concept of the mod, however im am unsure if there is a download link, or if i just overlooked it... im new to modding rimworld, but id love to try out your mod!!!!!!

Zorathex

Ish's Medieval Mods was updated by you? if so where can I get a download for that. also I thought Kaballah already updated most of it.

EDIT: You made a CR Patch for Ish's Medieval Mods? MUST HAVE. :D

2nd EDIT hold on are you the same Jack arbiter as the YouTube channel? If so that's awesome I'm one of your subscribers. :D