[A13]Arbitration: Realistic Research - Overhaul, modpack, vehicles 06/13 v0.07

Started by jackarbiter, April 20, 2016, 09:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eastwood6510

Hey there!

So I've been playing with this mod for a bit now (half an hour so far) and I've noticed one thing that might be a bug. My colonists won't haul 'basic tools'.

I've right clicked to get them to force haul and it says there is no place configured to store it.

To test what the problem is I've made a stockpile that allows everything in the game, and even then, the pawns have no place to store it.

jackarbiter

Quote from: Grogfeld on May 24, 2016, 10:24:50 AMconstruction speed is downgraded to 1% not 10%  like it says in notifications
Gah, plant speed too, must have tested it at 1% and left it :(

Quote from: eastwood6510 on May 24, 2016, 11:37:45 AM
My colonists won't haul 'basic tools'.

I've right clicked to get them to force haul and it says there is no place configured to store it.

Gah gah. Great start, me.

Both of these are fixed in the latest version. Thanks for the reports, sorry for the trouble.

(EDIT)
Added a temporary dropbox link for those who are in the middle of testing while the Nexus updates the latest file, they are going slow due to the archival project they have going on.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

eastwood6510

Both of these are fixed in the latest version. Thanks for the reports, sorry for the trouble.

(EDIT)
Added a temporary dropbox link for those who are in the middle of testing while the Nexus updates the latest file, they are going slow due to the archival project they have going on.

Cheers!

I'll get the new version and keep on playing. So far I am really enjoying the longer paced gameplay. Personally I didn't really like how in vanilla, you can crash land with nothing but the clothes on your back and instantly start building solar panels and high-tech batteries.

So this mod was exactly what I was looking for!

Exende

Quote from: eastwood6510 on May 24, 2016, 03:02:35 PM

(EDIT)

Cheers!

I'll get the new version and keep on playing. So far I am really enjoying the longer paced gameplay. Personally I didn't really like how in vanilla, you can crash land with nothing but the clothes on your back and instantly start building solar panels and high-tech batteries.

So this mod was exactly what I was looking for!

well to be fair, the people that were on the spaceship that crashed never forgot how to build such things, and if you have enough materials you should be able to rebuild it

jackarbiter

Quote from: Exende on May 24, 2016, 04:43:40 PM
Quote from: eastwood6510 on May 24, 2016, 03:02:35 PMPersonally I didn't really like how in vanilla, you can crash land with nothing but the clothes on your back and instantly start building solar panels and high-tech batteries.
well to be fair, the people that were on the spaceship that crashed never forgot how to build such things, and if you have enough materials you should be able to rebuild it

Knowing the general idea of what a thing is and knowing how to build that thing from scratch without the tools or refined goods necessary are way different. How long, in real life, if you crashlanded a university full of scientists and engineers with no tools and only raw goods, would it take to get a computer off the ground and running? Even after the 1:3 conversion of days. You think they'd have silicon chips and computer screens a month in? Now instead you've got a navy gunner, a pop star, and a medieval lordling, and one year later they've built a spaceship from scratch with the help of 5 conscripted pirates and a crashlanded sex slave.

That's always bothered me, so I made this.

zzz1000

It's a bit different, rimworld is not just wilderness but more like post apocalyptic landscape of ruins of interstellar civilisation      .They are salvagers. Digging ruins of constructions and wrecks of mysterious hitech machinery.   Maybe not solar panels but something like wind generator some engeners maybe capabe to construt from what they found. Another thing is  people from spaceship not necessary know how to make it. People from modern cruise liner not necessary are capable to make even a wheel, not to mention guns,   and not because they a forgot something. :)

Still i realy like idea of development and progression. Since I use CR you naturaly start with bows and maybe some gun with five bullets. And it realy nice. Much more exciting experience than auto turrets

jackarbiter

Quote from: zzz1000 on May 24, 2016, 06:06:09 PMi realy like idea of development and progression. Since I use CR you naturaly start with bows and maybe some gun with five bullets. And it realy nice. Much more exciting experience than auto turrets

I meant to reply to your post earlier, I had it up but didn't finish responding:

Quotewill it  work with other nice things like crash landing or hospitality and such(looks like it work)? Also what about other CR weapons, like High Caliber - is your CR is just regular CR? Or Panda mods, like Pharma, I didn't tried it, but will it work with your Panda core? What  are the pitfalls?

Other panda mods will work with the panda core, I should have the latest version of the core in there. The version of CR I have is modified but doesn't interfere with using other CR weapons or patches for weapon packs. You can use any weapon packs with a CR patch. Since they are usually made at the machining table they naturally fall into the research tree.

QuoteFirst thing I noticed, because foraging is my main food source in first days -  if I understand correctly, you could not to harvest berries without tools and tools made it potentially 14(140?) times faster.
You not need tools for that and tools do not help much, even today there lot of hand work involved. 
It's ok for wood cut, and at some extend for sowing  and, depending on plant, with harvest. 

It would take a lot of changing to vanilla to try to separate harvesting berries, farming, and treecutting, because they are all "plant work." I'd love to separate them otherwise. I may look into some way of making berries easier to get, I'm not sure if there's an amount of work for that that differs from normal plant harvesting, but I don't have a lot of time to look into it at the moment.

QuoteI spent a lot of time making sure every parent def was accounted for; I hope I have not missed any or E will be like WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

Hey!  I resemble that statement!

Anyway, interesting mod.  Personally I'd like to see some aspects of it separated into smaller stand-alone mods (such as the vehicles).  I'll keep an eye on this until it's closer to being "complete" before I start hacking it apart for my own uses.  :D
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.