[A13]Arbitration: Realistic Research - Overhaul, modpack, vehicles 06/13 v0.07

Started by jackarbiter, April 20, 2016, 09:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voker57

Rimworld always crashes when I try to load game with this mod. Gameplay itself is fine.
Should I enable vanilla tweaks from CCL?

Probably this problem: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16599.msg224737#msg224737

Amariithynar

Quote from: Voker57 on May 29, 2016, 11:30:36 AM
Rimworld always crashes when I try to load game with this mod. Gameplay itself is fine.
Should I enable vanilla tweaks from CCL?

Probably this problem: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16599.msg224737#msg224737

I had to do a clean install and re-enable all mods fresh to get it to work on loading, myself. Try that.

Grogfeld

I'm writing this second time because forum does't like too big attachment and just delete everything I wanted to post. Yey. *sad face*

1. Solar chimneys (SC from now on) doesn't work for me. I thought it work but now I see something different. I had heat wave and room with SC was hotter then another one without it. Also water levels doesn't change and i presume it should evaporate, right? I have CCL Vanilla tweaks installed, I don't know if this is the problem. I'll try with CCL Tweaks disabled but I think it's not the case.

2. Longer research is fun but not at beginning with Foundation project. I've cut the time cost by half and I like what I see.

3. I suggest to split weapons from crafting research project. Making weapons era types as separate project could give different experience with new types of gun. Better feel of medieval/mild mild west/ early industrial age weapons. But it still would not counter rider stuff spam after a battle, which leads me to next point.

4. I like feel progress the way new weapons are unlocked. Now you get better weapon from raid drops, which is logical but kills fun playing with muskets, and henry rifles and other great weapons, most of the time they are just "collectors edition" stuff for hanging on the wall to show off. So what about damaging them when dropped by, for example, 30%? This way you have to choose to use weapons that you can create by yourself or risk accuracy loss with damaged high-tech. It would need a dll to work because if I remember correctly there is only a function to "destroy on drop", also I would like to see mod that give a random destroy on drop but that's for other topic.

5.Making more variety of factions in different eras. Now we have what? Neolithic, middle(something) midworld(?) and spacers. Right? And pirates are always spacers. If they were split to other eras than maybe we could have less ATV cavalry raid... who knows horseback/muffalo cavalry? ;) This isn't a big thing, not a problem, but I think that more is better in that case.

That's for now. Cheers! :)

jackarbiter

The code for solar chimney checks to see if there is a breakdownable comp (so that a null result does not break when it checks if the chimney is broken down) if there is not, it does not push cool air. At some point after my solar chimney test I made it to where solar chimneys do not break down (because I removed components from the required list) and after this point you can't use the damn chimneys, but I hadn't realized because I'd gotten beyond the point of needing them. Fix will be up shortly, gotta find the other issues and fix them as well.

Note: other cupropanda mods requiring the latest version are not currently compatible in spite of what I thought, there was an update or two since my implementation. I can update to the latest but it'll break some things, I have some workarounds that'll keep save games working and avoid errors... will see which way I decide to go.

(EDIT) Looks like he hardcodes a little too much for me to update. Adding copper, for instance. I really don't want copper in the game, so I'd have to reverse this or get the sourcecode, which will prevent using other aspects of mods requiring corepanda. Looks like incompatibility with other corepanda mods is going to be a thing. If you want other aspects in this mod, let me know.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

Dynastiew

http://i.imgur.com/UrCoy6S.png

I'm having a lot of fun, first truck built today, not many problems, though i had no atv raid after the first one, i don't know why???

I wasn't able to activate the noclean mod and the storage search mod either but the other mod listed before by Grogfield worked on an ongoin save without any glitch. Gatling are really weak though both destroyed by the first raid of tribes people, i was so proud of them xD fricking savages.

jackarbiter

Quote from: Dynastiew on May 29, 2016, 08:11:23 PMGatling are really weak though both destroyed by the first raid of tribes people, i was so proud of them xD fricking savages.

i had no atv raid after the first one, i don't know why???

Nice base :)

Gatling's pretty inaccurate; the browning is a definite upgrade in this regard. One of the main problems is that the 20 rounds spam the same target even after the target is down. You think it's too underpowered? I was thinking about making the bursts shorter and much closer together so more people can be targeted, which is the whole point of the gatling gun. I'll be testing the browning shortly, I have a few made now but haven't gotten to it yet, been fixing bugs.

Only edge raids will spawn ATVs, and only 50% of the time, and only for modern raiders. You can test by using dev mode and spawning a bunch of 1000 point raids til you get one.

jackarbiter

Updated. Some problems were due to my stupid mistakes, others were due to my stupid mistakes. One or two weren't either; they were due to my idiotic mistakes.

Next up: taking a look at solar cooling chimneys to see if I can't add water; doing so will require enforcing an oasis on each desert map and adding a water resource; not sure if I want to go that route. If I do I may go all out and add thirst mwhahahaha. Most likely I will not do this.

Grogfeld

Quote from: jackarbiter on May 30, 2016, 12:33:22 AM
(...)  doing so will require enforcing an oasis on each desert map and adding a water resource; not sure if I want to go that route. If I do I may go all out and add thirst mwhahahaha. Most likely I will not do this.

Why not create well that fills with water depending on temperature outside and radius so that only one can be build within it? This way it's possible to have it on desert and due to harsh environment water still be a problem while on normal maps it would be easy. And add to traders water buckets or something like that to give colonies on desert a better chance.

Quote from: Dynastiew on May 29, 2016, 08:11:23 PM
I wasn't able to activate the noclean mod and the storage search mod either but the other mod listed before by Grogfield worked on an ongoin save without any glitch.

I can swear that storage search on my side is working, hmm. IDK I really start new colony to often maybe I forgot something.
Have you tried recently version from github? You can download source code and assemblies by just downloading to desktop from main page (clone or download button @ https://github.com/Killface1980/StorageSearch) than just copy that folder.

ThatOtherPerson

jackarbiter, This mod/pack is very fun. Thank you.

But one thing is missing... there is no access to Omni-gel. This would be a very addition to the mod/pack.

eastwood6510

Quote from: Dynastiew on May 29, 2016, 08:11:23 PM

What are those brown things by the entrance to your base on the right? Barbed wire?

Edit: That new update is great. The best part is the Stuff change for the walls. It ate at me spending 10 stuff for the framed walls.

Dynastiew

Yes it is Barbed wire.

A robot trader came by, it's funny looking at the hauling robot driving the truck i don't know if it's safe for my other colonist though :D.

Fenrisudo

jackarbiter

Quote from: Fenrisudo on May 30, 2016, 04:19:10 PM
Is there any way to download only the vehicles? Please?

Still not yet, gotta fix the occasional hauling loop and then extricate it from Combat Realism, then patch it for combat realism.

Grogfeld

I hope you will fix haulers with carts looping problem. Now I had to set lower priority (around 8) on hauling with carts and hauling with backpacks so other hauling jobs would be preferred by Pawns.

Dynastiew

Yeah the hauling loop was annoying so i just made several little zone in my big zone with each what i want in it and basta :).