[A13]Arbitration: Realistic Research - Overhaul, modpack, vehicles 06/13 v0.07

Started by jackarbiter, April 20, 2016, 09:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackarbiter

Quote from: Minnigin on June 13, 2016, 06:18:15 PM
Quote from: nakie on June 13, 2016, 06:08:54 PM
Quote from: Minnigin on June 13, 2016, 02:38:40 PM
can't build advanced 3d printer, or am I missing something, all research completed

The regular printer is the 3D Component Printer. "Advanced 3D Printer" is the Nano Printer and Scanner. You can't build those?

I can but they only "print" things from the scanner, where are the advanced components and advanced bionics?

The nanoprinter somehow overrides the changes I made to it, which I missed thus far (it being the last thing to get to, it's the last I tested).

I've got this fixed (the regular 3D component printer will have unlocked recipes when the research is done) along with a dozen other fixes.

I'll be uploading within an hour or so, looking at adding some enhanced energy buildings.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

Minnigin

I thought something was up, glad to hear you've got it remedied for the next update, also on a side note sleeping spots give comfort while padded spots do not, renders them useless

Astral

I've noted an issue with the advanced energy buildings, in particular fuses and circuit breakers, which don't appear to work as advertised. I have rows of 4 batteries connected to a breaker like so, where B = Battery, C = Circuit Breaker, and I is Conduit:

BBBBC  CBBBB
    I  I
BBBBC  CBBBB

With this being the format of all of my batteries, no battery directly touches a conduit, and they should all run through the breakers. However, if the bzzt event happens, it discharges everything from every battery, and doesn't appear to flip the breakers at all.

Edit: The above may be due to it only working for 3 batteries. I have some further testing to do.

I would also like to see some way to melt down or recover parts from carts, ATVs and trucks, if there isn't already. The biggest annoyance of ATV raiders was having so many of the things stuck around my base.

jackarbiter

Quote from: Minnigin on June 13, 2016, 07:12:07 PM
on a side note sleeping spots give comfort while padded spots do not, renders them useless

Good timing, threw the fix in. Will be updated shortly.

Quote from: Astral on June 13, 2016, 07:12:22 PM
I've noted an issue with the advanced energy buildings, in particular fuses and circuit breakers

According to the original mod author (Ratys, author of RT Fuses) there is some bugginess with them, I linked his quote about this a few pages back. I don't know if it's something like an angled connection problem or what.

Minnigin

just updated and new recipes are there now, but in security tab there's 6 81mm mortars, all the same

jackarbiter

Quote from: Minnigin on June 13, 2016, 09:11:22 PM
just updated and new recipes are there now, but in security tab there's 6 81mm mortars, all the same

You can only see those with god mode on. You'll see three 81mm in god mode with just Combat Realism (2 are locked with CCL's research locker, they need to be there to make sieges work in CR) and you'll see 6 with my mod (5 are locked with CCL's research locker, the last 2 are probably unnecessary but I kept them in just in case there was some strange workaround that required them).

CCL's research locker can't keep things hidden in god mode since it works via research and god mode removes research requirements.

Astral

I did notice last night that while steel embrasures worked as advertised, sandstone ones acted as blockers; you could not fire through them at all. Turrets tried to aim and fire, then couldn't find a firing solution, and repeated this until the target left their range.

jackarbiter

Quote from: Astral on June 14, 2016, 06:51:50 AM
I did notice last night that while steel embrasures worked as advertised, sandstone ones acted as blockers; you could not fire through them at all. Turrets tried to aim and fire, then couldn't find a firing solution, and repeated this until the target left their range.

Embrasures with CR are buggy, it depends on where they're placed in relation to the turret/pawn; a few steps away and they can't be shot through due to the aiming calculations and fillpercent.  At least in all my tests, stone (just tested sandstone specifically) embrasures work fine in relation to any other embrasures.

Astral

Very odd indeed then. I'm currently under attack by 30 odd manhunter wargs so it was a bad time to find out about this sort of bugginess, but any idea why it might end up as the case in the attached screenshot? The only other mod I use (aside from the No Raider ATVs and No Infestation submods included in the main post) is EdB Prepare Carefully, as it can be annoying to start with colonists woefully unprepared, or spending 30 minutes rerolling until you do.

The funny thing is it worked previously when I had a lower tech solution (gatling guns) but after rebuilding it with the sandstone versions and powering to ensure well lit conditions, neither the auto-turrets nor the colonists can fire from behind them.

Edit: A further test revealed that I could have the pawn shoot at the embrasure, and bullets would fly through it hitting the wargs behind them, however turrets are unable to target embrasures as well. Very odd.

Edit2: The "Software" research notes that it unlocks the Power tab; is this supposed to be a new button along the bottom? I don't see it if it is.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

LetheNyx

I would love to have Quarry & Cupros' Alloy included in this mod since I can't put them in myself. I wanna make a base out of Rose Gold :3

jackarbiter

Quote from: Astral on June 14, 2016, 05:21:46 PM
Very odd indeed then. I'm currently under attack by 30 odd manhunter wargs so it was a bad time to find out about this sort of bugginess, but any idea why it might end up as the case in the attached screenshot?

I would imagine it is because the wargs are lower to the ground, and being just on the other side of the embrasures (which are .73 tall) nothing can aim down enough to hit them.

I know that sounds kinda ludicrous for a 2D game, but combat realism simulates this to that degree; takes into account the pawn height, the height of the target, and anything inbetween, and if it's too low it can't be targeted. Works the same with bunnies on the other side of low buildings, etc.

Quote from: LetheNyx on June 14, 2016, 06:31:09 PM
I would love to have Quarry & Cupros' Alloy included in this mod since I can't put them in myself. I wanna make a base out of Rose Gold :3

Trying to keep this from becoming cluttered with stuff, so I'm avoiding putting a bunch of extras in like alloys and such. Was going to go for the quarry but the deep mine is harder to get and a high research level is justified for it, which is what I was going for.

LetheNyx

Quote from: jackarbiter on June 14, 2016, 09:05:03 PM
Trying to keep this from becoming cluttered with stuff, so I'm avoiding putting a bunch of extras in like alloys and such. Was going to go for the quarry but the deep mine is harder to get and a high research level is justified for it, which is what I was going for.

Could you maybe talk me through adding it on my own somehow?

jackarbiter

Quote from: LetheNyx on June 14, 2016, 09:09:43 PM
Quote from: jackarbiter on June 14, 2016, 09:05:03 PM

Could you maybe talk me through adding it on my own somehow?

Alloys requires corepanda 13.2, I can't upgrade to 13.2 (13.3 now) without force-adding copper and other things; updated corepanda mods are not compatible with this. I really wanted to maintain compatibility but it was forcing a lot of extra stuff on me. :( I apologize.

I suppose you can try to just use the new corepanda on top of this, along with alloys, much as you would install any mod, and the overrides may work and you'll get copper and such, but it's been a while since I've looked at it and I imagine at least a few things would break since I have some older versions of things in here. You'd probably have to install powerless and some other things on top of this in order to unbreak, say, solar chimneys, and those things wouldn't be in the research tree correctly, but you could resolve that by adding the research requirements in the xml files (like you'd have to add <researchPrerequisites><li>Stonecutting</li></researchPrerequisites> to the solar chimney and such). If you decide to give this a shot and get hung up on a few things you're more than welcome to ask for help in here, I'd like to make your rose gold base come true for you.

In the future I'll likely have to figure out a way to support corepanda to keep up with alpha versions, but I was desperately trying to avoid adding copper to maps, and there was some copper problem that I can't quite recall where the corepanda library was angry that copper was not an available def, etc. etc. I can probably force some workarounds at some point but that'll probably have to wait for alpha 14.

AllenWL

It looks like teenager pawns can't shoot through embrasures, but can still get hit?

jackarbiter

Quote from: AllenWL on June 15, 2016, 02:58:32 AM
It looks like teenager pawns can't shoot through embrasures, but can still get hit?

Epic. Well I have tweaked some CR code for this already when it came to vehicles, it looks like there are a few issues I can fix for embrasures.