[A13]Arbitration: Realistic Research - Overhaul, modpack, vehicles 06/13 v0.07

Started by jackarbiter, April 20, 2016, 09:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astral

I noticed another oddity with sieges in the most recent version - they drop in what appears to be miniature mortars, as seen in the screenshot. There doesn't appear to be a way to get rid of these, nor do they seem to affect anything...

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Heresy

known bug from combat realism, if it bothers you can use the development mode destroy tool to get rid of them.

darkedone02

Does this mod actually have anything that could close steam geysers? I'm a guy that like to make bases look symmetrical and these steam geysers gets in the way of that, and I wondering if this mod have SOMETHING to close them.

Sieppo

Astral

Steel Vests and Composite Vests experience a similar issue to that the Basic/Smithed/Advanced tools had in .06: When deconstructed at a textiles bench they yield no steel. Maybe a way to smelt this and other armors (such as power armor) at the electric smeltery can be added?

Milso

Quote-Fences are no longer impassable, but have a high pathing cost. This means roofs won't spawn over them just because a regular wall is nearby, and they can't be exploited as super-embrasures.

The problem is now they don't keep wild animals out of my fields.

Geneoce

Great mod, love the pacing!

Couple of questions though:

-RPG grenades are available but i cant find the actual launcher
-Cant seem to find .410 bore for my western guns, can it be manufactured?
-Whilst looking for both of these I cheated in a full colony in debug mode. Seems I can only make colt .45 rounds, mortar shells and grenades at the smithy/loading bench. Can ammo be made in this mode?
-Fuel doesnt seem to matter, colonists use vehicles regardless of how much is in it

Thanks for the mod, btw

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Geneoce on June 24, 2016, 10:03:17 PM
Great mod, love the pacing!

Couple of questions though:

-RPG grenades are available but i cant find the actual launcher
-Cant seem to find .410 bore for my western guns, can it be manufactured?
-Whilst looking for both of these I cheated in a full colony in debug mode. Seems I can only make colt .45 rounds, mortar shells and grenades at the smithy/loading bench. Can ammo be made in this mode?
-Fuel doesnt seem to matter, colonists use vehicles regardless of how much is in it

Thanks for the mod, btw

Are you sure you checked both smithy and loading bench. If I recall correctly, .45 colt was at one bench and .45 ACP at the other. I believe it was the loading bench which had the .45 ACP, as well as a bunch of other types of ammo. Of course if the debug mode is throwing that off, all bets off on my comment.

sokmonkey

Like the mod, hate the vehicles. Will come back to it if/when its split up or something. :)

Milso

there is a patch in OP to disable the raiders using the vehicles.
then just don't use them your self after that.

Katarumi

Hey, thanks for the mod! I've been playing with it for the last few weeks, and it's been a blast. Now, I'm at end game, and trying to find advanced bionics. I can't seem to find the station for them! I thought I saw something in the defs about it either being the Nano Printer or an 'Upgrade Station', but now with only Blazebulb DLC and four shipbuilding researches left, I still don't see it.

I *think* I have the most recent version, but I'll check and make sure.

Edit: Nope, I was on 0.06. For those having the same issue, updating to 0.07 puts recipes under the 3D Component Printer.

kaptain_kavern

I've been playing with your modpack through 2 complete games without major or game breaking bugs.

(worth to note) - I played with several other mods :

That's for the technical report ;-p

Now about congratulations and thanking :

Excellent work mate. I really like how the time pace : the harder and slower starting especially. I've never played with CR before so i had to learn to play with it, that also add to my enjoyment.

Thanks a lot for the great mod and keep up the good work man ! :p

I will definitively try to contribute a bit. I also note that you asked about making a Github on the OP (yeah i read the whole WOT :p ) : i think it can help if you're willing to make us out there contribute directly (with a Pull Request if you know how Github works) but some prefer to work alone. So it is up to you but i was trying to help you decide ;-)

Also if it is not done, have you try to reach the RimWorldMod slackware (link in my sign)? I haven't pop up there in a while but i know that the modders community use to hang there. It can be handy to be able to reach modders directly and livechat with them. Plus : all of them are friendly great dude :p seriously

Edit : I'm on my phone ATM but will contribute more later as Done
Again I very like what I have played, keep up the good work please.

shirlierox

Oh I love this modpack so much but I suck so much at it.

I've played through it twice on my channel and found.

First time - Heatwave  and everyone suffered with heatstroke.  I built the solar chimney thinking it would freeze/refrigrate my food but soon learned it didn't oops.

Second time - Lasted 60 days this time so was a better run.  Lost two colonists to my own traps and then the rest of them got so fed up they kept having mental breaks and fighting each other haha.

I love it as it doesn't give you everything straight away I think my next run I'm going full rambo and just using bows/crossbows until I can make my own ammo.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: shirlierox on July 01, 2016, 05:30:31 PM
Oh I love this modpack so much but I suck so much at it.

I've played through it twice on my channel and found.

First time - Heatwave  and everyone suffered with heatstroke.  I built the solar chimney thinking it would freeze/refrigrate my food but soon learned it didn't oops.

Second time - Lasted 60 days this time so was a better run.  Lost two colonists to my own traps and then the rest of them got so fed up they kept having mental breaks and fighting each other haha.

I love it as it doesn't give you everything straight away I think my next run I'm going full rambo and just using bows/crossbows until I can make my own ammo.

The bows/arrows is exactly what I do, I put away my guns in case of emergency use as soon as I possibly can.

By the way, the brewery is what you need for paper, you just need a bit more research to unlock the brewing of paper at that station. Keep on with your videos, I really enjoy them!

Kitsune

Uhm im still confused after reading the talk about the sunlight cooling chimney's. Are they now for cooling or not? Time to time the room is warmer as the outside sometimes its cooler as the outside. ???