[A13]Arbitration: Realistic Research - Overhaul, modpack, vehicles 06/13 v0.07

Started by jackarbiter, April 20, 2016, 09:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oragepoilu

Tried the Polybolos, by making 5 of them. One scythe got hit (btw I was hiding behind some wall/earth rempart), they started to aim at me and reckt me from a good distance even if I was under cover.

Well time to start over, the mood hit was way too much to handle when it's extreme.

I do not use prepare carefully so I'll pass the starting weapon. I have yet to find anybody selling me decent stuff in my two games; There is barely anybody trading with me, and when they attack, guys with the best ranged weapon usually flee before I can get them' anyway.

I think I will try to spawn some trap with obvious cover spot so they run into it.

Edit : While I'm at it do someone know the difference between the parapet and embrasure ? Sound somewhat the same for me, beside the small HP increase for the parapet. I'm looking to have a better cover.

Second edit : Having two power arms disallow you to wear tools, as they require an hand.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6666.120
Quote from: macrosblackd on July 17, 2016, 04:44:50 PM
I was testing around with the part/layer for the belts and I would recommend changing them to part: Legs layer: Accessory

Reviire

When this gets updated, or even for the A13 version, could ATVs get a bit of a nerf in how good they are at taking shots? They take a lot more shots than you'd expect when it's just a guy sitting on a quadbike, imo.

To the guy above, the parapet is a waist high wall, movement is allowed over it. The embrasure is pretty much a wall you can shoot through.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

AseaHeru

Is there a chance of the robots being made unable to speak, able to be repaired, and/or listed as something other than a colonist? Its a tad annoying to have one go and get in a social fight, then go about at low efficiency because its damaged.

Sarelth

Reviire

So, i might need a bit of help. How in the world do you deal with crashed ships with henry rifles and gatling guns? Mechanoids shrug off bullets from these like they're nothing.

I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Grogfeld

Quote from: Reviire on July 26, 2016, 12:39:30 AM
So, i might need a bit of help. How in the world do you deal with crashed ships with henry rifles and gatling guns? Mechanoids shrug off bullets from these like they're nothing.

Cannons are the answer. Look at stats of ammo. Explosive cannonball can do significant damage and have superior penetration but you have to lure mechanoids to you because range on them is crappy. With henry rifles you can kill scythes but centipedes have to good armor. I recommend also to set few traps around crashed ship. Remember to buy or craft few EMP and frag grenades it can help a lot. If you play with ATVs than use them to haul cannons on good position, they're fast. Good luck

Reviire

Quote from: Grogfeld on July 26, 2016, 01:53:17 PM
Quote from: Reviire on July 26, 2016, 12:39:30 AM

Cannons are the answer. Look at stats of ammo. Explosive cannonball can do significant damage and have superior penetration but you have to lure mechanoids to you because range on them is crappy. With henry rifles you can kill scythes but centipedes have to good armor. I recommend also to set few traps around crashed ship. Remember to buy or craft few EMP and frag grenades it can help a lot. If you play with ATVs than use them to haul cannons on good position, they're fast. Good luck
Well, grenades are out of the question because the traders are all tribal. Does walling it up and setting it on fire still work? I guess I'll need to hunt some boomalopes asap.

EDIT: Cannon dealt with the mechanoids fine. Now have assault rifles, things are going fine. Question though, are strawberries still the best food you can grow?

Grogfeld

I'm happy that cannons work for you. As for strawberries, IDK it's just what you want. It's easy to grow, short time but low amount per cell.

Astral

For the most part I've built a wall around the thing, established it as a roofed-in area, put some wooden chairs down, and sent one useless brave colonist to throw the molotov and run. If they don't make it out, they're a hero! And generally it will burn long enough to kill the mechs.

Bonkus72

Looks like skyarkhangel went and updated Combat Realism to [A14] over at https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9759.1605 
The bug where pawns constantly pick up and then drop items from a stockpile is back as well, or at least for me it is. 

Grogfeld

Quote from: Bonkus72 on August 03, 2016, 12:39:09 PM
Looks like skyarkhangel went and updated Combat Realism to [A14] over at https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9759.1605 
The bug where pawns constantly pick up and then drop items from a stockpile is back as well, or at least for me it is.

Yup, and there's more :D Pila doesn't work, no target stats. Bug that you're describing is because of bulk/weight problem, or backpack usage. With Fluffy's Work tabs you can disable hauling with backpack and everything should work. Issue with over encumbrance is another thing and it shouldn't be problem if you look at limits, with special care for trainers because they always pick additional food to train. Skyark needs time for other projects like Hardcore SK modpack but CR is essential for it so we will get it sooner then later.

Now what we have to do is wait and see whats Jack will do, if he will show up. Damn, this is a great modpack for A13 and I want it badly for A14 :D

shirlierox

I loved this modpack I did often wonder why my colonists went nuts in the storeroom carrying the same item back and forth and back and forth haha.

MarineStardust

AseaHeru

You can get rid of infestations via the "no event" option when starting a game.

MarineStardust

will the no event option take away all event or can a event be targeted not to happen