A13 - What to do with Incapacitated guests?

Started by oronnoro2, April 21, 2016, 01:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oronnoro2

I've rescued some traders that got attacked by elephants. Problem I'm having with these guests is that one of them has no leg and the other just wanders my halls (she might also snap soon).

I cannot perform surgery on the guest to help him and I cannot ask them to leave, also, I cannot build guest beds to have them calm down or rest. So what are my options? Kill the guests and lose on reputation with that faction?

Thank you,
Oron

Edit:
Alright, the guest who was roaming my halls left. Still need a way to help the other.

The King of Nipples

This happens to me all the time either go into health and select no food so no one checks on them or just block the door with a block and either way they starve hope it helped

oronnoro2

Ya, I saw the option to stave them... The poor colonist lol, cant treat him or kick him out, gotta kill him. A well, haha. Thanks for the help =)

Mufflamingo

Same thing happened to me, the guest's leg was shot off my enemy trader. I saved her and nursed her back to life. I was confused why she's not going home. Then I saw her leg was shot off, I wanted to give her a peg leg but I cant perform surgery so I arrested her. It made the faction mad. Then after arresting her, I installed her peg leg then released her, it increased my relationship with thefaction by 15 points but but but they are still hostile to me! :< MAN I NEEDED TO ARREST HER BECOZ I CAN'T OPERATE ON HER@ :((( IT WAS INEVITABLE!! T___T
Bleeeee. . . . .

SadisticNemesis

I've had this happen once in this update. When the same colony come to visit next, when they next leave they'll go and carry them home if they are missing a leg :)

Mufflamingo

Quote from: SadisticNemesis on April 21, 2016, 03:51:58 AM
I've had this happen once in this update. When the same colony come to visit next, when they next leave they'll go and carry them home if they are missing a leg :)

Good to know, Phew no more force arresting someone. XD Btw, did it increase the relationship? Or nooo?
Bleeeee. . . . .

oronnoro2

Good thing I didn't load my game yet and his still in bed, to bad winter is coming and I didn't install any heaters for his side of the area. The question now is, will I do anything about that.

haha... ha... muhahahaha...

Ya, I'll probably install heaters...

Shurp

Why not just set them to "gets no food" and forget about them?

Well, don't forget about them so long that the body rots.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Mufflamingo

Quote from: Shurp on April 21, 2016, 07:12:06 AM
Why not just set them to "gets no food" and forget about them?

Well, don't forget about them so long that the body rots.

I'm not a psychopath, I still have feelings. :3
Bleeeee. . . . .

erdrik

It would be great if we could craft a crutch.
It could count as a melee weapon so it simulates an inability to properly use ranged weapons, but also act like a peg leg so the pawn equipped with it can walk.

Then its just a matter of adding a new job that forcibly equips the crutch for the patient.
(since the patient can't move to get it)

oronnoro2

Quote from: erdrik on April 21, 2016, 04:07:55 PM
It would be great if we could craft a crutch.
It could count as a melee weapon so it simulates an inability to properly use ranged weapons, but also act like a peg leg so the pawn equipped with it can walk.

Then its just a matter of adding a new job that forcibly equips the crutch for the patient.
(since the patient can't move to get it)

Well, you can craft the peg legs, you probably know this already. The problem is you cant do anything medical to guests which is not the best idea. I'm sure if you could and succeed the faction would like you more for it or maybe even allow the guests you save to join you if you accept him.

I also agree with the crutch idea, its not surgery and it would allow the guest to walk back to his base.

Darth Fool

Put a medical sleeping spot outside your front door and carry the guest to it.  When raiders come they will decide to capture who they can and grab the poor sod.  Now, if you are tired of feeding them, you can let the raiders enslave them, OR, you can use the opportunity to chase the raider carrying the sacrifice down and beat them up with your posse, recover the sacrifice.  Wash, rinse, repeat...

Shurp

It's a shame legless pawns can't crawl.  You could put a sleeping spot near the edge of the map, have a colonist carry him there, then take the spot away and let him crawl home.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Mufflamingo

Quote from: Shurp on April 21, 2016, 06:51:17 PM
It's a shame legless pawns can't crawl.  You could put a sleeping spot near the edge of the map, have a colonist carry him there, then take the spot away and let him crawl home.

Dude crawling is a nice idea! Also in combat, drafted pawn can crawl to an area to avoid getting shot although it will have a movement speed penalty. How about letting pawns crouch too!
Bleeeee. . . . .

SadisticNemesis

Quote from: Mufflamingo on April 21, 2016, 05:20:37 AM
Quote from: SadisticNemesis on April 21, 2016, 03:51:58 AM

Good to know, Phew no more force arresting someone. XD Btw, did it increase the relationship? Or nooo?

I don't remember gaining any Relationship sadly. Guess they have to WALK out not be carried like a parka lol.