Wound care levels

Started by shentino, April 24, 2016, 10:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shentino

Make it so that you don't waste quality medicine on benign wounds like bruises that can't possibly get infected.

Allow a wound type's maximum care level to be set, so that you save your medicine for serious wounds like bites, stabs, and burns.

DNK

Agreed that minor cuts and bruises should automatically use the lowest type of medicine available.

Actually it might be nice to just add "bandages" for minor stuff and reserve first aid kits for more serious wounding and infections.

thestalkinghead

yeah, i agree, this is why i never use melee hunters, a squirrel bite or a punch will use just as much medicine as a gunshot wound

cultist

It does serve a purpose of sorts in that good care heals wounds faster, so the colonist will be up and doing something useful sooner.

But I agree, there is too much micro-managing with medicine unless you have enough to not care that it's wasted. Setting medicine options for each colonist doesn't help, as you can't predict what type of wounds a colonist will receive over the span of the game. Most likely every kind, including a disease or infection.