No more slaves?

Started by DestroyX, April 21, 2016, 08:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DestroyX

hey there^^

so i played around in my colony for quite a while, but when i finally started to get some orbital trading going i figured that pirate traders dont have slaves anymore.
i looked through the files, they should still be there, but they just dont show up at all.

anyone had the same problem?

or any idea how to fix that?

Limdood

once you hit certain population threshholds you stop getting wanderer joins, requests for help, and eventually pirate traders stop selling slaves.

Generally you'll only see slave traders under 6 or 7 population.

deathstar

I've had trade caravans buy slaves as well.

DestroyX

oh well, i thought just deleting the population related stuff from the storytellers would be enough.
well, i set it really damn high now, so i hope it works as i want it to now.
already getting slaves again.
thanks alot!

Thane

Randy keeps throwing wanderers at me... I have 22 people. Family members just keep showing up!
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

RazorHed

I've definitely bought slaves in A13

ReZpawner

As Limdood says, the game will attempt to give you more population until you reach a threshold depending on the storyteller. Randy Random is the storyteller that provides the most of them. ( I believe he has a limit of 50, while the others peak out at around 20). Once you get over a certain population, your only way to get more colonists is to recruit prisoners.