Coldest Landing Site? (Seed?) A13/A14 - Avg Temp -73.4C

Started by viperwasp, April 21, 2016, 09:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viperwasp

I'm curious to know if anyone knows the coldest landing site they have ever found. Preferably for A13 if your able to post a Seed? Thanks... One of my current running games is on a map with the following temperatures.

Avg Temp -51.4C
Avg Temp (Jan) -77.1C
Avg Temp (Jul) -25.7C

OR

Avg Temp -60.6F
Avg Temp (Jan) -106.8F
Avg Temp (Jul) -14.3F

I want to find even colder!

I like playing of rough landing sites I will allow myself to cheat since it's very difficult. I won't cheat on regular maps. I also find it amusing watching most raids and visitor group freezing to death!  So if you know of any colder landing sites for A13 please post seed if you can.

P.S I love following the Devs progress in Mantis I find bugs and the process of eliminating them fascinating or what is deemed a bug or intended feature and the conversations on Mantis or the Bug Forum. I noticed how I'm sad that Tynan and Ison seem to be working on a way to prevent raiders or travelers from freezing to death as easily! Which is probably a needed change but I will forever keep a copy of A13 because it's fun the amount of corpses on my map is getting out of hand now.   

•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

BlackSmokeDMax

I think there is a similar thread within the last week or so where people had found some roughly 20 degrees Celsius colder than what you are showing. It's possible that they may be talking A12, but it's probably still worth looking into, perhaps the seeds will still be roughly the same temp-wise??

edit: found it... https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19126.0

viperwasp

Thank you! I'm going to check it out now for A13 and post if it's still working.

Edit-
Thank you again and yes it's seed 4fmy and I found Ave Temp -70.1C and I just started to look, will probably find colder. It turns out that forum was for A13 so of course it still works. And coldest I found now is -71.1C
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS

Vaperius

Quote from: viperwasp on April 21, 2016, 09:21:18 AM
I'm curious to know if anyone knows the coldest landing site they have ever found. Preferably for A13 if your able to post a Seed? Thanks... One of my current running games is on a map with the following temperatures.

Ave Temp -51.4C
Ave Temp (Jan) -77.1C
Ave Temp (Jul) -25.7C

OR

Ave Temp -60.6F
Ave Temp (Jan) -106.8F
Ave Temp (Jul) -14.3F

I want to find even colder!

I like playing of rough landing sites I will allow myself to cheat since it's very difficult. I won't cheat on regular maps. I also find it amusing watching most raids and visitor group freezing to death!  So if you know of any colder landing sites for A13 please post seed if you can.

P.S I love following the Devs progress in Mantis I find bugs and the process of eliminating them fascinating or what is deemed a bug or intended feature and the conversations on Mantis or the Bug Forum. I noticed how I'm sad that Tynan and Ison seem to be working on a way to prevent raiders or travelers from freezing to death as easily! Which is probably a needed change but I will forever keep a copy of A13 because it's fun the amount of corpses on my map is getting out of hand now.

Wow that is nothing. I play on an Icesheet with averages in the negatives year round, and what is more important is its only safe with a cloth parka during spring and summer, in Fall the temperatures fall to -80 averages, and it never gets above -100 in winter. During cold snaps in winter it can actually get down to -120.  The current bug with Traders not seeking warmth on the Icesheet extreme maps results in them dying in droves every time they appear on the map.

I've had muffalos full of loot die on my map regularly, its a curse rather than blessing though because it brings in a lot of nasty raids my colony just isn't ready for without using up all the single-use powerful weapons or utilizing my cheated in super warrior(I used Prepare Carefully to start this colony with only my one super colonist).

So far my "Corpse Bearer" has had to haul hundreds of bodies through ice and frost because traders from the only friendly faction in the game world will come to die in droves on the ice sheet and there is no where reasonable to bury them (limited dirt, needed for trees).  Also sieges on the bright side end really quickly, usually because I use a max size map, the sieges setup, launch a few shells, and they all get hypothermia and quarter their force is gone by the time they get a few shells off if it happens in Fall....they usually route if they try in Winter, because everyone not wearing better than cloth freezes to death.
I remain Vigilant.

ReZpawner

Vaperius, what's the average temperature on that map? As mentioned before, -71.1C is the current record, and we would all love for it to be broken :)

Vaperius

Quote from: ReZpawner on April 21, 2016, 01:49:22 PM
Vaperius, what's the average temperature on that map? As mentioned before, -71.1C is the current record, and we would all love for it to be broken :)

apparently -60c ...Well anything -60 and below is still guaranteed to kill anything in a cloth parka.

Guess I am whole 10 degrees warmer. Can I have the seed for your map by chance and the cords for your colony site, because apparently my colony is quite extreme enough.
I remain Vigilant.

ReZpawner

"4fmy" 350 x 262 map size, 98.93 E 79.39 N. is the location of the -71.1 avg place.

Credit doesn't go to me though, I got it from Britnoth and tonsrd. Not sure who originally found it, but credit where credit is due.

Ekarus

If the one -95F Avg map isn't enough for you (like myself) here are a few that aren't that cold but are still plenty damn cold. Oh, and as an added bonus Jet Fuel freezes at -53 F, exposed human skin freezes "Nearly Instantly" at -40 F or lower. All maps are 400 by 300

(Nothing higher than -80 F)
000b -81.1F Avg, 58.13 East, 78.13 North
000n -84.1F Avg, 82.40 East, 79.73 North
000o, 0021 -84.7F Avg, 66.93 East, 77.87 North
0016 -88.3F Avg, 37.07 East, 78.40 North
001r, 0034 -84.3F Avg, 99.47 East, 77.33 North
0020 Several spots below -80 to the far north east.
002s -89.8F Avg, 33.87 East, 78.67 North

I've given up on trying to throw together this list when I noticed several entries were duplicates. Not sure how rimworld handles "seeds" but after three doubles, I figured something was wrong. But regardless, there are a few that aren't "coldest" but they're still exceedingly cold, capable of killing the unprotected in seconds, and mountainous. Also worth mentioning the randomized seeds seem to 'favor' the previous 'type' of map, EG start with "4fmy" before you start randomizing looking for a better number, not "brute forcing" your way to colder than -95.

viperwasp

Here is a much needed update to this page. I think these seeds work for at least A13 and A14. I am copying and pasting this from my steam forum post. 

"4fmy" is no longer the coldest see information below.

"4fmy". Make sure to select the world map size to be 350 x 262 or else it won't work.

Temperature

Avg Temp -71.1C
Avg Temp (Winter) -97.6C
Avg Temp (Summer) -44.6C

OR

Avg Temp -96.0F
Avg Temp (Winter) -143.7F
Avg Temp (Summer) -48.3F

"4fmy" 350 x 262 map size, 98.93 E 79.39 N. is the location of the -71.1C avg place.

Credit doesn't go to me though, I found this by a post by ReZpawner made from the offical forum here. [*Link goes to this forum here]

He got it from Britnoth and tonsrd. Not sure who originally found it, but credit where credit is due.

*Note: For those of you who do not know. A14 has a new feature were the game will check if enemy's or other NPCS and such can tolerate temperatures if they can't then they may not spawn or could spawn with parkas etc. I don't know how this will effect game play on this map? In A13 most raids and other NPCS who spawn freeze to death pretty quickly. This map may be harder or easier now in A14? Good luck.

P.S It is possible to play on this map at least in A13. It's not easy but I have done it many times. To be honest I used Dev Mode most of the time on this map though. hehe

---------------------------
Updated 13/08/2016 after Emmote made a comment with a colder site! Not sure who discovered this yet? Could have been Emmote?
---------------------------

Seed "549191"

Map Size 350 x 262

Debug Coords: (163,261)
49.77 E 79.69 N

Temperature

Avg Temp -73.4C
Avg Temp (Winter) -100.0C
Avg Temp (Summer) -46.8C

OR

Avg Temp -100.1F
Avg Temp (Winter) -148.0F
Avg Temp (Summer) -52.2F

See attached picture. With Volcanic Winter and Cold Snap you can at least reach -134 in Winter at night on this map. You can probably get colder as this is only the second night of winter.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS