Worst trade ship ever

Started by DarknessEyes, April 19, 2016, 08:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarknessEyes

De Surgeries
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18976.0
Adds 26 new surgeries to Rimworld.

Shurp

Lol, trade is seriously broken.  I'd fix it if I cared to mod it, but with enough components we don't need it anyway.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

mumblemumble

Trade ships need waaaay more items / variety / silver.  A lot of mom n pop shops would have more stock than traders in this.

Like items that stack should have at least a gross. Particularly things like food,  metal, and especially components,, id rather have more available,  but more expensive.... And it bothers me that components cost less than the materials to make them,  despite being invaluable
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Andy_Dandy

I don't like to be saved by trade ships all the time, but to have to do the best of what i got (and save up for the most usefull trade ship when it first comes). I like the the current pace.

keylocke

yea. since trade ships seem to visit much rarer, they should probably carry more stock and variety compared to trade caravans.

Travinsky

Honestly, I have no problem with the rarity of trade ships, it makes sense to me given the lore. However, I'm assuming that was Pirate Trade Ship which do seem to be utterly shite. If they had at least one guaranteed slave everytime I wouldn't mind them in the slightest but when they rock up with a couple of crappy weapons, one beer and like five overpriced medkits it feels like they're taking the piss.

Shurp

BTW, did the pre-release playtesters of a13 notice that trade was thoroughly nerfed?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

DarknessEyes

Quote from: Shurp on April 20, 2016, 05:31:27 PM
BTW, did the pre-release playtesters of a13 notice that trade was thoroughly nerfed?

With the current trade ships % the beta ended before the first trade ship arrival. lol
De Surgeries

Shurp

homemacai

I searched the forums before making any new post. I am not getting any trading ships. Like ever. at least on Phoebe storyteller. But i do think the balance is still off with the storytellers.

makapse

its not a phobe problem, its a a13 one. The base weight for a ship to come was reduced from 22 to 3 and caravans was given a weight of 3 too. After that, the storyteller reduces the ship chance even more cause a caravan had come to you and it sees it as you dont need to trade anymore

DarknessEyes

Quote from: makapse on April 23, 2016, 11:44:39 AM
its not a phobe problem, its a a13 one. The base weight for a ship to come was reduced from 22 to 3 and caravans was given a weight of 3 too. After that, the storyteller reduces the ship chance even more cause a caravan had come to you and it sees it as you dont need to trade anymore

The problem is not only the % of them showing. Its the items/silver they have available...
Look at the screenshot... So few items in a trade ship (its not a caravan or visitors)...
De Surgeries

Goldenpotatoes

You'd think that giant interstellar trade ships that are willing to travel as far as rimworlds would have a larger bulk of items for sale, no?

Between ground caravans being loot pinatas and trade ships being almost non-existent, trading is a bit borked as of right now.

DarknessEyes

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on April 24, 2016, 02:23:09 PM
You'd think that giant interstellar trade ships that are willing to travel as far as rimworlds would have a larger bulk of items for sale, no?

Between ground caravans being loot pinatas and trade ships being almost non-existent, trading is a bit borked as of right now.

Why a "giant" trade ship wastes fuel traveling with so few items?
De Surgeries

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: Shurp on April 20, 2016, 05:31:27 PM

Yes, but I liked it and thought (and still think) it's working well gameplaywise, so I assumed it was intentional with less trade ships. The new caravans and trade options with all visitors really makes a nerf to the amount of trade ships needed, and they were too common in the first place in my opinion. It's a Survival Strategy RPG game first and foremost for me, not a flee the planet soon as possible game.